Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EricVespe: Andy Serkis says Caeser is now a leader with responsibilities as he builds his community of primates. Film takes place 10 years after Rise.

devincf: Apes are learning to communicate in DAWN OF THE POTA. #SDCC

ApesMovies: “We see Ceasar learning to communicate with words & gestures -it’s a rich & fertile ground for exploring apes & humanity."-Andy Serkis #SDCC

ApesMovies: You’re not just going to be seeing CGI apes jump across the screen - you’ll see incredible athletes performing.”- Jason Clarke

Silas Lesnick: Reeves says there won't be a lot of ape shots because of the FX work that still needs to be done. 10-12 weeks for a single ape!

Silas Lesnick: This is the first footage to be shown in 3D in Hall H all con.

EricVespe: Footage from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is about to start. Still shooting, so it's rough. 10-12 weeks for Weta to deliver 1 ape shot

Silas Lesnick: We see the ruins of humanity. It's eight years later.

Silas Lesnick: Four years spent fighting the virus and four years spent "fighting each other".

Silas Lesnick: Clarke's character, dressed almost in a Dark Tower Gunfighter-style costume steps through the Redwood Forest

Silas Lesnick: He shouts out that he wants to speak with Casear.

Silas Lesnick: We pull back from Caesar. He looks much older with grey hairs. Behind him is an army of apes.

devincf : DAWN footage includes an army of apes in trees wearing war paint. #SDCC

ErikDavis: Whoa on the APES footage. Shots of devastation all over lead to an awesome look at Caesar and an army behind him ready to charge. #comiccon

EricVespe: Caesar had a layer of white face paint with a red war stripe down his forehead, ends between his eyes.

Silas Lesnick: Cut to the title and that's it for Apes.

I remember reading 10 before, guess during the footage it was stated as 8 instead,

All this stuff sounds fantastic bring on the trailers!

Sounds like next years con will be the place to be for apes mania!

I wonder if they are still going to try and link these films up eventually with the start of the 68 movie?
Maybe tell Caesar's story then jump foward a couple thousand years to another group?

Would be cool if they had kept the Icarus taking off in this one, a desperate attempt by mankind to colonise and research new planets after the devastating virus. But we already saw it on the news in Rise, so who knows?..

Serkis + Oldman = Gold

ErikDavis: DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES has arrived with some viral marketing on the streets of San Diego #ComicCon

ErikDavis: Beware of the Simian Flu! #Apes #ComicCon

ErikDavis: The APES viral team are all wearing white coats & screaming "Beware of the Simian Flu! Protect yourself!" People actually seem freaked out

BPpC7UbCQAEUW4E.jpg:large

7e6d26e4f17411e2913d22000a9e2892_7.jpg

That is all kinds of cool! :rock

I have my first recruit! :clap:yess:

Seriously though, I would give my kidneys for a PF of Caesar on horseback:thud:

I'd give your kidneys for Ceasar on horseback too. :monkey3 :wink1:

First image from the film.

Fantastic looking pic! The war paint isn't over the top and it looks great! :yess:

Before The Dawn comic book can be picked up for free at Boom Comics booth until stocks last.

BPuHe3PCQAIjHTB.png:large

Caesar looks amazing, this is going to be a hit i think, while the focus is on superhero movies i can see this being the one to watch in 2014

Trust HT to overdo it. :lol

More like... Trust HT to announce the license, then wait a year providing no updates then Debut an excellent looking figure then wait a year without putting it up for order or providing any updates and most likely never release it :slap

Caesar looks amazing, this is going to be a hit i think, while the focus is on superhero movies i can see this being the one to watch in 2014

More like... Trust HT to announce the license, then wait a year providing no updates then Debut an excellent looking figure then wait a year without putting it up for order or providing any updates and most likely never release it :slap

And then finally release it and price it at 324.99:lecture

Back