David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Honestly, my ideal Joker is someone who you shouldn't understand. In my mind, The Joker's a guy who breaks into your home, kidnaps you and your family, psychologically tortures you, and, just when you think he's going to end it all, he gives you and each member of your family a pile of cash, thanks you for being good sports about it, and goes on his way. Of course, it's the opposite, as well, where he'll shoot you in the street because he thinks you sneeze funny, but I just love that notion of unpredictability; that no one knows how The Joker thinks, but The Joker.

Honestly, my ideal Joker is someone who you shouldn't understand. In my mind, The Joker's a guy who breaks into your home, kidnaps you and your family, psychologically tortures you, and, just when you think he's going to end it all, he gives you and each member of your family a pile of cash, thanks you for being good sports about it, and goes on his way. Of course, it's the opposite, as well, where he'll shoot you in the street because he thinks you sneeze funny, but I just love that notion of unpredictability; that no one knows how The Joker thinks, but The Joker.

That's what I'm saying as well. It's the mystery/unpredictabillity that makes the Joker truly scary. A great example of that are the back-up stories from Snyder's latest Batman issues (from 34 to 39) where a group of inmates who have met the Joker are trying to explain their encounter with him to the psychiatrist. Each and every one has "seen" a different version of him, as one guy states that he's a demon, another says that he's a killer robot, etc...

A violent psychopath is scary, but a violent psychopath with no motive or pattern is far more terrifying. I mean, if you look at various cold murder case, the creepier ones are those where there is no explaination. Sure, a cannibal eating pies made out of children is creepy (which is a real case BTW), but the Elisa Lam case is far more disturbing as there are no clues as to what happened. That's the Joker for me, an unpredictable, untraceable force of chaos.

Agreed with all of the above. The Joker just does what he wants, when he wants, and only when he feels like it. What ever strikes his fancy at the moment. Drastic mood swings even. For me, its hard to say whether the Joker is actually crazy or just so twisted he only appears crazy, which is actually scarier IMO. His unmotivated, unpredictability is what make him such a good character. Batman has a very structured, set of rules. He won't cross certain lines. The Joker just does what all of us wish we could do at times :lol

From what little we can see, this Joker is looking great. Its going to be very interesting seeing the Ledger v Leto debates just like the Ledger v Nicholson ones we had with the Dark Knight.

:lol

I was just thinking that. I just saw TDKR and the whole tunnel of love scene wit Joker was so unpredictable but so much himself. I think he gunned down like 20 people without an ****s. That is Joker no doubt.

Yep, that was crazy to me. I'm not one to talk about what kids should and shouldn't watch, but, the way that was executed in the animated movie really was one of those "holy ****" moments. :lol

cdzbueiuuaatgqb.jpg

I like that he doesn't have any scars on his mouth and that the red is on the lips, not all over his face like in the Arkham games, but I'm not a fan of the tattoos. I just don't think The Joker would be the type of person to get tattoos...especially on his face like some cheap gangster wannabe...

This is certainly....different. Very much a departure from what I was expecting. Mixed feelings.

Not a fan of the tattoos however, the overall appearance of him looks pretty kick ass. It has a much more deranged look to it than any other joker has. I doubt we'll see a lot of those tattoos during the movie, and given the suit we've already seen I'm picturing much more of a mobster feel for this Joker. Kick ass.

I like that he doesn't have any scars on his mouth and that the red is on the lips, not all over his face like in the Arkham games, but I'm not a fan of the tattoos. I just don't think The Joker would be the type of person to get tattoos...especially on his face like some cheap gangster wannabe...

Ha Ha tattoos :lol

It's like Joker is a little too self aware and in on the joke. "Look, you can tell I'm crazy because of the tattoos and 'damaged' on my forehead. I'm crazy! Look! Looooook!"

Back