DarthChrisDK's Collection...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DarthChrisDK's Collection... Updated DISPLAY TOUR Video! (p.88)

My comic book shelf (well, most of it).

Ikke-navngivet-1.jpg

Fantastic Video as always! Can´t wait for my Phoenix to arrive.

Huge congrats! I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to XM's Phoenix, but after seeing your pics this has to be one of the most phenomenal X-Men pieces I have ever seen.

Now that you've got a couple XM pieces do you think the price difference is really worth it verses a PF?

Huge congrats! I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to XM's Phoenix, but after seeing your pics this has to be one of the most phenomenal X-Men pieces I have ever seen.

Now that you've got a couple XM pieces do you think the price difference is really worth it verses a PF?

Thank you! XM have some good releases. But they also have some very mediocre ones. Phoenix is one of their more ambitious ones, and I applaud their vision with it.

I can't say I find thet market prices of XM pieces reasonable. It's the hype that still carries over from the Magneto release. I think it's in part due to the fact that XM pieces is hard to find/obtain. From a quality stand-point they are on par with Sideshow. Sculpting and painting is of similar quality, however, I find Sideshow's sculpts sometimes on a higher level. But the design of XM pieces is often more impressive.

Thank you! XM have some good releases. But they also have some very mediocre ones. Phoenix is one of their more ambitious ones, and I applaud their vision with it.

I can't say I find thet market prices of XM pieces reasonable. It's the hype that still carries over from the Magneto release. I think it's in part due to the fact that XM pieces is hard to find/obtain. From a quality stand-point they are on par with Sideshow. Sculpting and painting is of similar quality, however, I find Sideshow's sculpts sometimes on a higher level. But the design of XM pieces is often more impressive.

I think you are right that the prices really come down to how difficult these things are to get. And as far as Magneto goes, I think that is one of the most impressive pieces I have ever seen, but I think besides the difficulty to obtain the piece, I think the price for that particular piece was originally driven by the fans who have been wanting a Magneto piece for so long and have been disappointed with Sideshow never producing one. If you look at some of the old X-Men PFs that have sold on eBay, their price is often doubled, tripled, or even sometimes quadrupled what their original MSRP was. It seems some X-Men fans are really willing to dish out insane amounts of money for these characters. But you're right, the rest of the XM hype and prices are still driven from that release.

But as impressive as their Magneto and Phoenix are, I'm not that blown away by the majority of the rest of their pieces. I do think that overall they look quite nice, but I just don't see them worth three or four times the price of a PF, and definitely not three or four times as impressive as a PF. I'd also agree that their facial sculpts are not quite on the same level as SS's.

I remember when I first started watching your videos your collection was primarily Star Wars based. Are you planning on getting any of the XM Star Wars pieces? I'm really interested to see how that 3 piece Vader diorama turns out. I'm wondering if their facial sculpts will improve if they are based on an actual actor's likeness, verses a comic book drawing's interpretation.

Awesome collection!
and I love your pictures. Can I ask what type of camera you use?

Great collection man, Ive been following your youtube channel for a while now, love the reviews and the updated collection video, such an inspiration !

Ive also been thinking for a while about maybe getting into XM but their prices are killing me !

Back