Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are referring to the RS props Vader armor, I do believe Brian Muir is involved in that... Who is Brian Muir you ask? Well he just happens to be the original sculptor of Vader... So it will be pretty accurate ;).

I know about Brian Muir, this is an excerpt from RS Props website I was referring too...

"To complete the helmet we also obtained the moulds and rights to Vader Maker armour. For those who are not familiar with Vader Maker, he was the founder of the UK Garrison, the late Graham Campbell. His first love was Vader and the props he created were fantastic, so we were very humbled to have the opportunity of bringing the Vader Maker name back to the community. Graham’s life was tragically cut short and for years now the props he created have been left untouched, which is a double loss. So it is with upmost respect that we carry the torch in the future for VM armour."

Sounds very cool, I'm currently flex paying the SS Vader 1:1 bust so that will be my 1:1 Vader needs covered tho

Sounds very cool, I'm currently flex paying the SS Vader 1:1 bust so that will be my 1:1 Vader needs covered tho

Just finished that dreadful wait myself. Worth it though. Now I just need his master to go along with him. The palpatine bust is my next quest once I finish hunting down the last few PFs I want.

I know about Brian Muir, this is an excerpt from RS Props website I was referring too...

"To complete the helmet we also obtained the moulds and rights to Vader Maker armour. For those who are not familiar with Vader Maker, he was the founder of the UK Garrison, the late Graham Campbell. His first love was Vader and the props he created were fantastic, so we were very humbled to have the opportunity of bringing the Vader Maker name back to the community. Graham’s life was tragically cut short and for years now the props he created have been left untouched, which is a double loss. So it is with upmost respect that we carry the torch in the future for VM armour."

Oh got it, yeah Graham was VaderMaker back in the day. Like the article says he was tragically killed in a car accident :(. Sad he was so young. Good to know his legacy lives on through this. His ANH helmets were a benchmark in early prop collecting. I think you can still read up on them at www.starwarshelmets.com

Just finished that dreadful wait myself. Worth it though. Now I just need his master to go along with him. The palpatine bust is my next quest once I finish hunting down the last few PFs I want.

How are you displaying it... helmet or head?

How are you displaying it... helmet or head?

Helmet. That's Darth Vader. I appreciate the inclusion of the head from an artistic standpoint but when I walk into the room I want the dark lord staring down at me not a dying old man.

So you guys are saying this scale sucks just because of its scale? You have to look at it as a whole, and i bet these mythos especialy obi looks much cooler than other 1/4 scale.

Just sayin.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you guys are saying this scale sucks just because of its scale? You have to look at it as a whole, and i bet these mythos especialy obi looks much cooler than other 1/4 scale.

Just sayin.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't suck at all. In terms of scale there is a slight issue for me in terms of presence. My Chewbaccca looks absolute am amazing in scale and presence. My Mythos Obi is out of this world but I would have preferred him in in 1/4 scale. That doesn't take away from him being one one of the top 3 figures in my collection. You are right in terms of Obi looking cooler than most 1/4 scale statue!! I agree 100%

I have never been one to get into the whole scale argument.....

Don't understand it to be honest.

I have 1:1, 1:5, 1:6, 1:7 and 1:10 items in my collection and think they are all great

The bigger they are, of course they will have more presence, unless the sculpting/artwork is hideous. But of course, not everyone can afford those.

not when they're next to 1/4 scale
Exactly. Put them next to a Chewbacca PF or Darth Malgus PF and they will pale in comparison.

Easy solution... don't put them next to a 1/4 statue, have a separate area. I like 1/4, but the slightly smaller scale allows poses etc that would be difficult to display in larger sizes. I like the mythos line and look forward to seeing more. I just don't understand how people can label things as "fails" because of their scale alone. I'm sure plenty of people don't like 1/4 either...

Easy solution... don't put them next to a 1/4 statue, have a separate area. I like 1/4, but the slightly smaller scale allows poses etc that would be difficult to display in larger sizes. I like the mythos line and look forward to seeing more. I just don't understand how people can label things as "fails" because of their scale alone. I'm sure plenty of people don't like 1/4 either...

Yo, and the best friend of Sideshow Mythos is the Attakus 1:5 Line, i will hunt some Sandtrooper, Jawa and Tusken Raider for my Boba...

But back to Seniore Vader, can`t wait for some more Infos, but i have my doubts that anything will be revealed before SDCC...

I've never gotten the "fail" thing either. It's fine that some don't like them as we all like different things, but there is no denying the Mythos line was and remains quite popular due to how well they were sculpted and what that scale allowed SS to achieve. I'm hoping for more, but not holding my breath. Happy I got the three I did.

I think for a proper display you need to separate the 1:5 Mythos statues from 1:4 scale PF's, otherwise the scale difference throws things off... On their own shelf the Mythos line looks amazing...

Back