Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally in for one of these - the mythos was a major flop for me - I am not digging the painted lighting effects
That was the one glaring issue I had with the Mythos Vader. Also that it wasn't 1/4, but that wasn't so much a deal breaker as the orange overspray. If you haven't already seen the custom painted Mythos Vader, check that out!

As I have the Vader Mythos I think when displaying the new Vader PF next to the Mythos is only going to enhance how cool the Vader Mythos really is....

I'm hoping this PF Vader is leagues ahead of the mythos. I'll have to make a Vader only shelf soon. 1/6 rotj, Vader GG animated maquette, cinemacast Vader, and this PF Vader would make a great showing.

The Mythos Vader is an amazing piece, overall, and the orange actually doesn't look too bad in person. I would have preferred less orange but you have to remember that the effect is there as an integral part of the story that the piece is telling. I'd also have preferred a pristine Vader suit but that wouldn't have fit in with the story either, in my opinion.

I don't know how the PF is going to outdo the Mythos but I am really looking forward to it because I'd like a 1/4 scale Vader in a pristine suit with a powerful pose.

The mythos was good because is showed us a different perspective to Vader which we hadn't had before.
I felt the same about the Maul and Fett Mythos statues that I owned.

Whilst the Mythos statues are very detailed, they were missing, for lack of a better word, the "presence" of a 1/4 PF.
Which is why I had no issues of selling them on and can't wait for these PF's to be released.
I'm assuming it's going to be many months in the future (maybe Christmas to tie in with the movie release?)

The Mythos Vader is an amazing piece, overall, and the orange actually doesn't look too bad in person. I would have preferred less orange but you have to remember that the effect is there as an integral part of the story that the piece is telling. I'd also have preferred a pristine Vader suit but that wouldn't have fit in with the story either, in my opinion.

I don't know how the PF is going to outdo the Mythos but I am really looking forward to it because I'd like a 1/4 scale Vader in a pristine suit with a powerful pose.

I think that depended on the piece you got. My brother got one that was quite good, a friend of mine got one that was absolutely shocking. It was so bad it turned me completely off the piece entirely as I just wasn't willing to risk sideshows patchy QC.

I'm gonna wait for this and if it ends up sucking balls I've always got my eFX vader helmet.

Well some of the 1/4 statues with the character hunched over and short bases are actually smaller in height than some of these Mythos.

Want! They are doing the shoulder armor too. Wonder how much it will be. I love the eFX helmet, but I want the shiny Vader helmet from ESB more. And who is this Vader Maker dude, and how accurate was his armor?

Yeah, that vader shoulder armor looks legit. If I was around for the eFX one, I would have that as well. I don't know much about vader maker besides what that link says but I hear he is highly regarded in the UK.

Want! They are doing the shoulder armor too. Wonder how much it will be. I love the eFX helmet, but I want the shiny Vader helmet from ESB more. And who is this Vader Maker dude, and how accurate was his armor?

If you are referring to the RS props Vader armor, I do believe Brian Muir is involved in that... Who is Brian Muir you ask? Well he just happens to be the original sculptor of Vader... So it will be pretty accurate ;).

Back