Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just flex-pay! $400+ is pretty manageable over a 1-1.5 year release schedule! Plus you won't have to sell your 1/6th!

Listen to the smart man above me.

Yeah I havent bought much in a while and seeing that their going to do Vader PF I agree flex pay is probably going to be my new friend if this turns out good.

Flex is the best way to collect

Flex is great, and when something is delayed, you can almost get your finances back on track by the time the piece is shipped. :)

All very valid points. Problem with me is not the cost, but the space I have and my overall display setup. I also currently live in Curacao so I really don't need anymore pieces per say, just tweaks to my collection. Really, these were exactly the PFs I have been waiting for to go along with my Droids PFs and to me, having 3 solid PFs which pretty much cover the saga for me beats the many 1/6 I have in that detolf.

Yes, either. Do you have pictures, link, or know which ones? I'm curious to see how they look like. Thanks!

Someone had told me previously before that Savage Oppress has it, but I can't tell if his photos on SSC are photoshopped or not, so I wanted to see if anyone had a candid in-person shot of one.

Yes, either. Do you have pictures, link, or know which ones? I'm curious to see how they look like. Thanks!

Someone had told me previously before that Savage Oppress has it, but I can't tell if his photos on SSC are photoshopped or not, so I wanted to see if anyone had a candid in-person shot of one.

Savage is using a new tech that SS has implemented for their lightsabers. The Vader, Kenobi and Skywalker PFs all have light up sabers, but the effect is not that great. This newer Vader will have the new tech and I'm sure the saber (if it comes with one) will light up like Savage's.

Just realized that there would be a thread for this. What a derp move. Now to go add the Boba Thread to my subscribed list and read this from the beginning

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

The teaser/announcement picture that they showed, is that a preview/concept art for the figure? Or can the PF's pose end up completely different from what they showed?

The teaser/announcement picture that they showed, is that a preview/concept art for the figure? Or can the PF's pose end up completely different from what they showed?

While it won't be exact, it will probably be close to the preview. Typically they have what is called "control art" that tells the sculptor(s) the direction they want to take a certain piece. An arm may differ here or there, maybe a tweak of the head, but it will be close.

I'm hoping this won't be another huge PF like Batman and can fit comfortably into a besta cube with the door evenly.

The art appears to have him coming down a step or two. I think a lot of it will depend on that. The 1/4 is great for showcasing, but can be a b&%$* to display right.

The art appears to have him coming down a step or two. I think a lot of it will depend on that. The 1/4 is great for showcasing, but can be a b&%$* to display right.

Yeah, I'm worried about Sideshow getting carried away with a massive base. The majority of things on this planet I would usually want more for the price I pay, but these things are getting to a point where its hard to get them displayed properly without buying a custom display case for each one. At lease thats the case with their DC pieces of late. Their Star Wars ones have been pretty consistent so far, hope it stays that way, but I fear they will get bigger. I want to head out to ikea soon to pick up a besta for some pieces I already have and am planning on adding this new Vader to it, but I might wait now until SS reveals the size details of this piece.

I agree with you completely, Uncle Bingo. It's really a "problem" with the DC statues, and I hate it. It's the only thing holding me back from ordering Superman PF. I simply do not have a place to put him without compromising my display ideals.

I agree with you completely, Uncle Bingo. It's really a "problem" with the DC statues, and I hate it. It's the only thing holding me back from ordering Superman PF. I simply do not have a place to put him without compromising my display ideals.

Supes is freaking huge. At least you got Bats though, he's the better of the two :wink1:

I just hope these Star Wars pieces remain reasonably sized. I'd really love to pick up both Vader and Fett.

hmm.jpg

hmmm.. intriguing....

There was another Vader statue in that video later on sitting on a shelf among other statues, that's not the new one is it?

I know people aren't a big fan of the big bases, but if we get a base similar to the recent deluxe vader with lights and an AV jack, I would be perfectly happy with that. It looks like he'll be on stairs, but that doesn't mean the stairs can't light up

Back