Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched that video and at the end when it was all put together I started laughing maniacally. SS should stand trial for robbery of everyone that pays them $9k for this thing. It's an absolute joke how they showed off a 1:1 Vader you couldn't buy at Comic-Con for years, then finally advertised it for sale, then abruptly pulled it off the market because they were "re-tooling" it and now this is the final product they came up with many years later. Honestly I don't know what is more embarrassing...SS offering that for sale or someone putting it on display in their collection. For less money I put together my own that looks like it walked right off the set of The Empire Strikes Back. Yes it took work to acquire all the pieces and put everything together, but the end result was more than worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgAJDYOJHVU

yikes just watched the unboxing

this looks terrible, just awful

Where does one buy an Anovos ESB Vader suit?

Their sold out now. Not sure if Anovos will make more. But either way, buying a replica costume and a mannequin is the way to go. This is a joke. The original was so much better. I hope very few buy this. And those who do should return it. Prime One seriously should consider getting the StarWars license if they haven’t already.

This could have been soooooo much better.

What happened? I thought you were helping/guiding them to make sure it was good? I remember that original one displayed years ago looked amazing :(

What happened? I thought you were helping/guiding them to make sure it was good? I remember that original one displayed years ago looked amazing :(

Thanks mandible. That was originally the plan. I also developed a 1/2 scale for them as well. For reasons unknown to me, our communications broke down after my involvement with those projects ended. Then after some time passed I heard that they partnered with Legacy to help them with their Star Wars stuff and everything was taken in a different direction. Not what I or many others would consider to be a positive direction. I'm just as disappointed as you all to see these missed opportunities.

Thanks mandible. That was originally the plan. I also developed a 1/2 scale for them as well. For reasons unknown to me, our communications broke down after my involvement with those projects ended. Then after some time passed I heard that they partnered with Legacy to help them with their Star Wars stuff and everything was taken in a different direction. Not what I or many others would consider to be a positive direction. I'm just as disappointed as you all to see these missed opportunities.

Gino, I loved your version. Looked great and I was going to preorder on day one. It’s even more disgusting that they blew you off and scrapped the 1/2 scale too. Can you talk about what your 1/2 version looked like, was it ESB, ROTJ, etc?

Gino, I loved your version. Looked great and I was going to preorder on day one. It’s even more disgusting that they blew you off and scrapped the 1/2 scale too. Can you talk about what your 1/2 version looked like, was it ESB, ROTJ, etc?

I appreciate that knightline. I definitely got the impression that some of the creative team (but not all because some of the people I worked directly with were really great and totally 'got it') had some distain for my film accurate approach to the projects I was involved with. It was really weird because you'd think they would appreciate that kind of attention to detail. I think for some of them it was a pride thing like their egos were too fragile to be accepting of an 'outsider's' expertise. Pretty sure some of them saw me as a 'know it all' because I didn't need or want their artistic input on the projects (because a lot of times their suggestions or judgements just did not line up with my own personal vision of what these should turn out like). I tried to explain that I felt I had more of my finger on the pulse of what (specifically) Star Wars fans wanted and would appreciate. Really I just wanted them to trust me to have complete artistic control of the projects I did without having every non Star Wars expert on the team coming in with what I considered to be poor suggestions. It's not that I'm not a team player, I just want the creative control to be able to decide which suggestions are helpful and improve the project vs the ones that detract, or sometimes even ruin.
Since you asked and this project is essentially dead in the water, here's a pic of the half scale ROTJ Vader next to my own personal 1:1 ROTJ Vader. It was a little surreal to see them right next to each other. They had started on the project long before I got involved and I wanted to completely re-do it from scratch, but in the end this was as far as they let me take it. Not perfect but it had potential if they would have just trusted me to do my thing. Who knows, maybe one day they'll change their mind and trust me to oversee some of these projects from start to finish like I always wanted but I'm not holding my breath. lol

halfscale_vader.jpg

How the **** could they not trust you? Mary, Mother of God! All they have to do is look at your own collection and other work?!

Sorry Sideshow, you're a bunch a messy egotists with zero clue about what fans want - 99% of the time people want movie accurate. If it's an interpretation, ie Mythos line, that's fine. But if you've got the real-deal to work from, why add your own artist "take" to the mix????????

PF Stormtrooper, anyone :slap

How the **** could they not trust you? Mary, Mother of God! All they have to do is look at your own collection and other work?!

99% of the time people want movie accurate. If it's an interpretation, ie Mythos line, that's fine. But if you've got the real-deal to work from, why add your own artist "take" to the mix????????

PF Stormtrooper, anyone :slap

Thanks man. And yeah I completely agree about the accuracy vs artist interpretation thing. It might be fine for other film franchises, but it doesn't really work for Star Wars in my opinion.

Since you asked and this project is essentially dead in the water, here's a pic of the half scale ROTJ Vader next to my own personal 1:1 ROTJ Vader. It was a little surreal to see them right next to each other. They had started on the project long before I got involved and I wanted to completely re-do it from scratch, but in the end this was as far as they let me take it. Not perfect but it had potential if they would have just trusted me to do my thing. Who knows, maybe one day they'll change their mind and trust me to oversee some of these projects from start to finish like I always wanted but I'm not holding my breath. lol

halfscale_vader.jpg

I’m sorry to hear about the way they treated you. Clearly your vision is better than theirs. I would say most collectors who collect statues or figures from film want that accuracy to every detail so the end result looks like it walked off the screen. Both of your 1/1 and 1/2 ROTJ are perfection sir. Absolutely outstanding.

Thanks man. And yeah I completely agree about the accuracy vs artist interpretation thing. It might be fine for other film franchises, but it doesn't really work for Star Wars in my opinion.

What is your opinion on the final LSF Vader?

Back