Darth Vader Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they would like you to be.....
I am still hopeful...I know hot toys stepped up when they first showed elder pred, t2 ,and even Christopher reeve superman first time out...and they actually improved upon the protos....

Have been hoping for the be all end all....vader....it was,
but something's changed....still looks good of course!
(But it was actually better when they first unveiled him)

Granted I'm hardcore vader fan, so this may not bother most, but it bugs me, cuz it was spot on before...it was good enough then...

Going to critique it, because the $8K price tag warrants it.

Something about it isn't quite right. It may be over-bulked a bit. Is the helmet removable? Two piece, or is the dome secured to the facemask?

Before, it looked very Gino-like, but something has been lost in translation. I suspect the final piece will degenerate further still from the prototype.

David Prowse was big guy but Vader looks too buff in this piece, his chest in particular is too pronounced under the thick suit and armor.

Maybe they can't throw in the light Saber since MR did it years ago. Could be a licensing issue. I'm sure the helmet will be similar to the bust, not wearable since this is a statue and not a prop.

I'm sure the lightsaber thing is all licensing related. But its unfortunate if Sideshow can't work out some kind of deal with LFL and EFX since Gino is the EFX Art Director and he designed this for Sideshow. I'm sure Gino could make a great looking saber that could go with this.

Gino's vader was fine when he unveiled it.
I suspect sideshow did a little if their own tweaking with the the oversized shoulders ever since I saw the early promo pics w Fett ...now he looks like a cosplayer dressed like vader

Back