Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

True, Anakin's a definite for me and with RP's will be free basically, so I'll do that and potentially earn them on Vader.

On another note, in the Ministry of Information listing, the picture for Vader has Ex. marked in the thumbnail.

A 1:1 bust with an Exclusive? I've never seen this with Star Wars, I wonder what it could be.

When will we find out the price?

Thats what I'd like to know. If it's under $1000, I'm cancelling all my preorders and ordering this. This 1:1 is a must have. I don't care if they leave these unnumbered like the Iron Man Busts or if they have an edition size.

Not sure I follow you.

I want to use RP's to save on this bust, but it's only about $100 off, still a lot to pay on my own, and there's a possibility when the time comes to pay up, this piece, no matter how much I hate it, could have to be cancelled, and if I have to do that, I'll have lost the points, so it's like, do I chance it and reduce what I have to pay for him to better my chances of keeping the order, or pay full price and not risk losing all the points it's taken so long to gather.

I want to use RP's to save on this bust, but it's only about $100 off, still a lot to pay on my own, and there's a possibility when the time comes to pay up, this piece, no matter how much I hate it, could have to be cancelled, and if I have to do that, I'll have lost the points, so it's like, do I chance it and reduce what I have to pay for him to better my chances of keeping the order, or pay full price and not risk losing all the points it's taken so long to gather.

If this thing is $1000, and you're only saving $100 with your RP...just pay full price for it. With regards to the Vader bust, $100 is a drop in the bucket, and you can instead use the RP to get steals on 1:6 scale figures.

For the money this will cost I'd like to hear their opinions. Where's Gino?

I wasn't going to post any critique/comments as I didn't want people to think that I have an axe to grind (which I genuinely don't). Not to mention, when I posted in the 1:6 vader thread, I upset a lot of people even thought that was not my intention.

Here is what I think of this piece.
If you compare it to the last company who did it (I forget their name), this new one blows it out of the water.
It is a nice 'representation' of vader.

I would like to point out though, that there were two reveal masks, one in ESB, and one in ROTJ. The faceplate separated in different places. Also, in the films, Vader doesn't wear a cape while in his meditation chamber.

If you are looking for something that is authentic to what was used on set for the film, then this piece is not for you. MANY aspects are off, or just plain wrong.

I know that the target demo for this piece is not the 'prop collector', but I just fail to see why pieces couldn't be made to a higher standard that would satisfy that group as well (or at least satisfy it more so). It surely wouldn't cost any more.
It would only take the right connections (cough) and a company willing and able to recognize the value in faithful accurate products.

Just for the record, here is my bust. It is ESB authentic and derived directly from real screen used pieces. A ROTJ could just as easily be done.
Of course, for my display, it is not a reveal piece.

There are more pics of this bust on my site.
https://www.starwarspropaganda.com/esbvaderbust.html

esb_vader_bust1.jpg

I have close to $750 worth of reward points and I just dont know what to do with them. I think well I could just buy one big item or I could get a 8 1/6 figure with that

i can't stop watching the video. :rock

must buy...hope it's around $750.

If this thing is $1000, and you're only saving $100 with your RP...just pay full price for it. With regards to the Vader bust, $100 is a drop in the bucket, and you can instead use the RP to get steals on 1:6 scale figures.

Yeah, I've decided I'll use them for a free CW Anakin, and just pay full for Vader if I keep my order.

Gino, if everything was a authentic as original props our Stormtrooper helmets would have runny yellowed paint drips, blasters would be made out of wood and lightsabers from old crappy camera flashers.

I just want the most impressive display for my money. I dont care if he wore such and such thing in whatever scene or if this helmet had a minor detail from one movie that another didnt have. Nobody and I mean nobody is gonna actually walk into your house and say thats not ROTJ accurate and if they do, they should be ^^^^^slapped, only Trekkies act like that.

Yeah, I've decided I'll use them for a free CW Anakin, and just pay full for Vader if I keep my order.

I think that's a good call. If it were me, I'd rather get a free figure than a measly discount on something that, if I'm going to scrounge up probably 80-90% of the cash, I'll just foot the whole bill.

I wasn't going to post any critique/comments as I didn't want people to think that I have an axe to grind (which I genuinely don't). Not to mention, when I posted in the 1:6 vader thread, I upset a lot of people even thought that was not my intention.

Here is what I think of this piece.
If you compare it to the last company who did it (I forget their name), this new one blows it out of the water.
It is a nice 'representation' of vader.

I would like to point out though, that there were two reveal masks, one in ESB, and one in ROTJ. The faceplate separated in different places. Also, in the films, Vader doesn't wear a cape while in his meditation chamber.

If you are looking for something that is authentic to what was used on set for the film, then this piece is not for you. MANY aspects are off, or just plain wrong.

I know that the target demo for this piece is not the 'prop collector', but I just fail to see why pieces couldn't be made to a higher standard that would satisfy that group as well (or at least satisfy it more so). It surely wouldn't cost any more.
It would only take the right connections (cough) and a company willing and able to recognize the value in faithful accurate products.

Just for the record, here is my bust. It is ESB authentic and derived directly from real screen used pieces. A ROTJ could just as easily be done.
Of course, for my display, it is not a reveal piece.

There are more pics of this bust on my site.
https://www.starwarspropaganda.com/esbvaderbust.html

esb_vader_bust1.jpg

I think the one done by Sideshow looks better than yours.And more accurate too.

I don't think glue residue, paint drips, etc...need to be included on licensed pieces.

I suppose it depends if you want to collect the 'representation of the item', or if you want to collect a 'replica of the actual film prop'.

For me, nothing can connect you to the films any closer than having almost the same thing as what was actually used on screen. Different strokes for different folks.

I think the one done by Sideshow looks better than yours.And more accurate too.

:rotfl

Do you understand what accurate means. It doesn't seem so because I don't think you are using it properly.

You realize that my pieces are direct castings off original items right?
Without owning one of the screen used pieces, it is impossible for them to be any closer.

I don't think glue residue, paint drips, etc...need to be included on licensed pieces.

I suppose it depends if you want to collect the 'representation of the item', or if you want to collect a 'replica of the actual film prop'.

For me, nothing can connect you to the films any closer than having almost the same thing as what was actually used on screen. Different strokes for different folks.

That's just it, Gino. People who want the "representation of the item" will be able to overlook small inaccuracies, which you've been pointing out. By your rationale, then the glue residue, paint drips, etc. should be included on Stormtrooper helmets. Otherwise, they aren't accurate to the prop.

I dont think of it as a movie set. I think of it as another universe. So I'll take a mind blowing representation over a screen accurate prop any day.

And just so my feelings are clear, I'm all for being a stickler for accuracy, but there comes a point where the line has to be drawn. Yeah, I may criticize the goofs, but typically it'd have to be a LOT of goofs to make me write off the item.

Back