Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you were a different type of kid from me back then.

When I saw that mask come off, the artistic irony that lucas had intended was clear as daylight to me; that beneath the ruthless sithlord facade was a feeble and vulnerable human being aching to be loved and reconnected with his family. I cried bravo! Cinematic storytelling from a simpler era at it's very best!

I was the same way. I even shed a tear when I first saw him.

I'll probably pick this up in 2014 since I don't really have anything on my list and display unmasked. Really just want the Vader LSF to hurry up and be released.

I love the bust but yeah I waiting to see the Vader LSF to be released !!

This is a great bust! Not the most accurate out there (still don't get why Sideshow had to recast Portumac's Vader helmet ... or maybe I get it LOL), but very impressive nevertheless. I'm thinking that if they will ever release a Stormtrooper 1:1 bust I might get it despite the flaws it will come with .

I think people will complain no matter what if and when a Stormie Life Size Bust happens. It's in a SW fans nature. I'd probably get it no matter what...

I think people will complain no matter what if and when a Stormie Life Size Bust happens. It's in a SW fans nature. I'd probably get it no matter what...

I can assure you that I will complain about a SS Stormtrooper bust if they ever make it. ;) Because SS could for example go to LFL and scan/mold the armors there. Or at least go to RS or TM to make a cast of those uber accurate helmets and suits, and then make the best Stormtrooper bust out there. But I'm sure they will do no such thing alas.

They did recast the Portumac helmet for their Vader bust (and SS didn't even bother to ask Manny about anything), and there were many better Vader lids out there too.

I just got this bust and was floored by it's size, unfortunately I have no room for busts now. Hit me up if you're looking to get this cheaper than from SS

I can assure you that I will complain about a SS Stormtrooper bust if they ever make it. ;) Because SS could for example go to LFL and scan/mold the armors there. Or at least go to RS or TM to make a cast of those uber accurate helmets and suits, and then make the best Stormtrooper bust out there. But I'm sure they will do no such thing alas.

They did recast the Portumac helmet for their Vader bust (and SS didn't even bother to ask Manny about anything), and there were many better Vader lids out there too.

Quite true...that lid has the most inaccurate dome and the mask has been thru the wringer so many times, all the features have shrunk...
It's still a nice bust, but it's far from anything I'd ever confuse with being an screen used actual prop.

Is there a trick to getting the Vader mask to fit over the head or was it not designed this way?

Also what's up with the helmet wobble? I can't even get it to sit straight.

Not meant to go over the head. Remove the head/face, then the mask should fit pretty snug.

I think you should not try to fit the helmet over the Shaw head. You'll only scratch the head and ears.

Yeah, I've given up on that. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make the helmet sit on the mask and look straight without wobbling. I've been placing bubble wrap in a couple different places under the helmet and it seems to have helped.

took some pics, man i'm so glad i bought this bad boy.

Nice display idea. I have a couple of MR lightsabers, although can't recall which. I've had this guy sitting in the box for three years now. At some point I'll crack it out and display I suppose. I don't do many 1:1s, but might pick up a Yoda to complement it.

Nice display idea. I have a couple of MR lightsabers, although can't recall which. I've had this guy sitting in the box for three years now. At some point I'll crack it out and display I suppose. I don't do many 1:1s, but might pick up a Yoda to complement it.

Blasphemy! :D

I am still looking for Luke's ROTJ v2 SE. You have that, by any chance? ;)

Can you definetley not fit the helmet over the head, someone has shown me pictures of the head with the mask on but not the helmet on although the guy suggests you can, have SS changed the design slightly to enable this?

Back