Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 48" Vader. $59.99 :))
Star-Wars-48-Inch-Darth--pTRU1-20701035dt.jpg

Whats not accurate with the statue? I'm thinking of ordering. I watched the movies, It looks like Vader to me. Are the buttons the wrong color or something. How do you guys find all that's wrong with statues? I also bought the Yoda statue and Love it. Is a crowd pleaser. I'm either getting this Vader of the P1 1/2 Joker. Haven't decide yet. Just surprised about all the hate. Price sucks I know that.

star-wars-darth-vader-legendary-scale-figure-400103-05.jpg I did a little mock up of the details that look off to me. If this is the A New Hope version of Vader, the helmet should be dull, slightly larger, and the rim around the back should be lower from that angle. The chest box also didnt light up until ESB, and the green lights on the belt boxes are too big. At this scale, the robes and cape should drape a bit better than this, and there should be a bit of pleating in the inner robes. The shoulder armour should also be a dull grey, except for the middle ridge. It mostly looks weird though because we rarely see Vader turn his head that far to the side because it exposes too much of the neck. I hate to be so nit-picky, but for this price and scale, it should look better, in my opinion

Your mock up looks 1000x better, man. For the price SS should have made this as screen accurate as what you put together in the photo.

that SS Yoda is an embarrassment. it looks like crap. overpriced it would be at $800 let alone $2K+. i cant believe people bought that. it so soft, lacking detail. looks like a mountain of green pudding with coal eyes and a burlap sack on it.

Yeah, I thought the Yoda was pretty bad just from the photos... but I saw it in person at Celebration Anaheim and it was laugable. The 1:1 bust they released years ago wasn't perfect either; but it was at least reasonably close.

Yeah, I thought the Yoda was pretty bad just from the photos... but I saw it in person at Celebration Anaheim and it was laugable. The 1:1 bust they released years ago wasn't perfect either; but it was at least reasonably close.

Are you guys talking about the 1:1 Yoda statue currently available from SSC? If so that's funny because I saw it at Celebration Orlando a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. :lol. To each his own I guess. :)

Are you guys talking about the 1:1 Yoda statue currently available from SSC? If so that's funny because I saw it at Celebration Orlando a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. :lol. To each his own I guess. :)

I actually own it (got it with a 20% off coupon a few years ago). I think it's fantastic in person. To each their own, indeed...

View attachment 350148 I did a little mock up of the details that look off to me. If this is the A New Hope version of Vader, the helmet should be dull, slightly larger, and the rim around the back should be lower from that angle. The chest box also didnt light up until ESB, and the green lights on the belt boxes are too big. At this scale, the robes and cape should drape a bit better than this, and there should be a bit of pleating in the inner robes. The shoulder armour should also be a dull grey, except for the middle ridge. It mostly looks weird though because we rarely see Vader turn his head that far to the side because it exposes too much of the neck. I hate to be so nit-picky, but for this price and scale, it should look better, in my opinion

VERY well done! That looks much better and accurate. Send that to Sideshow! How can they be so blind?!??!

The Sideshow helmet sculpt looks fine. It's just sitting way too high. Look at that massive gap between the bottom of the mask's neck and the chest armor... somebody needs to push the head down until they touch.

Helmet still looks too small for me(in addition to being placed far too high up). Dominic's rendering made it a little bigger and it looks correct that way.

Eh, to me the photoshop version just looks all misproportioned and incorrectly shaped. It looks more like Vader from the Rebels cartoon. The official image, while placed incorrectly, the helmet itself actually looks quite accurate. The comparison photos are both shot from low angles where the camera lens is well below Vader's eyeline. The Sideshow statue is shot with the camera lens much higher.

Like these shots.

latest

screen-shot-2016-12-19-at-31930-pmpng.png

Takeheraway-ANH-vcap.jpg

They had LSF Vader flanked by the Stormtroopers at Celebration and they really didn't blow me away. Reminded me of those giant JAKKS figures that are like 3 feet tall that you see at Target and Toys R Us. I thought that the various PF's looked much more high end.

This!!

I am not crazy about larger scale piece... They loose something and become more toy like or just not as impressive to my eyes. They look cool but I don't poor over them like I do 1/4 scale. I saw the Maul 1/2 scale in person and it looked cheap.

There is something about having amazing accurate detail on a 1/4 scale piece. Your eye can take the whole thing in. One the scales get larger the details are there but not as impressive as the smaller scale items.

I had the 1/3 scale Batman Noel and it was nice but the details are spread out and thus has that less impressive look.

Radd Titan said the original Arkham bats reminded them of a large toy also.

1/4 scale just seems to be the perfect size.

Having said all of this I have never been a fan of full scale pieces either.

Something about that 1/4 scale that is the perfect blend between reality and collectible.

To me it has little to do with scale and everything to do with quality. I challenge any 1/4 superhero statue to be as impressive as the prime one deathstroke.

This!!

I am not crazy about larger scale piece... They loose something and become more toy like or just not as impressive to my eyes. They look cool but I don't poor over them like I do 1/4 scale. I saw the Maul 1/2 scale in person and it looked cheap.

There is something about having amazing accurate detail on a 1/4 scale piece. Your eye can take the whole thing in. One the scales get larger the details are there but not as impressive as the smaller scale items.

I had the 1/3 scale Batman Noel and it was nice but the details are spread out and thus has that less impressive look.

Something about that 1/4 scale that is the perfect blend between reality and collectible.

Well said! Yep, 1/4 scale seems to be that perfect balance of being big enough to have great wow factor and yet small enough to still feel like a collectible figure. I don't collect costumes and life-size figures always just seem like costumes on mannequins to me and not high end statues. Obviously they are indeed statues and they're cool for whoever is into them they're just not for me.

And then like we've been saying 1:2 scale figures are a giant scale that I've always associated with cheap over-sized toys. In the late 70's I even had an inflatable Stormtrooper that was my height and stood upright so you could punch it and have it fall over and then come right back up again. :lol

Good point about PF's being small enough to fit within your entire field of vision without having to stand halfway across the room. ;)

This!!

Well said! Yep, 1/4 scale seems to be that perfect balance of being big enough to have great wow factor and yet small enough to still feel like a collectible figure. I don't collect costumes and life-size figures always just seem like costumes on mannequins to me and not high end statues. Obviously they are indeed statues and they're cool for whoever is into them they're just not for me.

And then like we've been saying 1:2 scale figures are a giant scale that I've always associated with cheap over-sized toys. In the late 70's I even had an inflatable Stormtrooper that was my height and stood upright so you could punch it and have it fall over and then come right back up again. :lol

Good point about PF's being small enough to fit within your entire field of vision without having to stand halfway across the room. ;)

Interesting thoughts!
I saw a few of the Prime1 1/3 scale pieces recently and couldn't put my finger on what felt off about them.

The flip side is I'm really becoming a fan of 1/5. If they have a good base they still feel a good size (as opposed to the HT 1/6 toy feel) yet are still small enough to display easily, cheap enough they don't break the bank ...and for those two reasons I'm more likely to grab supporting characters as well.
I'm hoping Sideshow and others move more in this direction.

Why do you all waste your time with SS products? The cost is to the point of idiocy and the quality is still cheap China factory bs. Nothing they produce ever lives up to their already flawed hand done prototypes. If their wrong on the piece that is supposed to bring in buyers obviously the production will lose another 35% in quality.

They will never improve unless forced. Don't buy when product is flawed and they'll get the message fast.

Why do you all waste your time with SS products? The cost is to the point of idiocy and the quality is still cheap China factory bs. Nothing they produce ever lives up to their already flawed hand done prototypes. If their wrong on the piece that is supposed to bring in buyers obviously the production will lose another 35% in quality.

They will never improve unless forced. Don't buy when product is flawed and they'll get the message fast.

Well to be fair.. I can say their STAR WARS PF line is really great! They look almost all very close to Prototype.. The just released Jango is really perfectly well done.

Well to be fair.. I can say their STAR WARS PF line is really great! They look almost all very close to Prototype.. The just released Jango is really perfectly well done.

:goodpost:

I wish the prices weren't inflating so much, but at the end of the day, the last several Star Wars Premium Format statues I've received have been quite good, IMO. Kylo Ren, Jango...heck, I even like "Opera Vader" as it's referred to :)

:goodpost:

I wish the prices weren't inflating so much, but at the end of the day, the last several Star Wars Premium Format statues I've received have been quite good, IMO. Kylo Ren, Jango...heck, I even like "Opera Vader" as it's referred to :)

giphy.gif

Back