Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous to you... To me a 1/2 scale in a collectors room looks Ridiculous... I just don't like it... I was pretty sure to point out that it was just how I feel. I get why people like them... They just don't do it for me. I have seen great 1:1 wax sculpts that looked lifelike and highly detailed. I would not one in my collection. Just my opinion.

Perhaps I would feel differently about the 1/2 scale bats it was not Batflack. Perhaps if it was comic based or a better pose I would feel differently. As is and this is just going from videos, it looks off and goofy to me. Not in detail or sculpt but in presence. Perhaps I would feel differently in person.

Again just my opinion. Not knocking those who like them or own them. They are just not for me and apparently some other people. Nothing wrong with that.

Just let it go for ******'s sake. Everyone here has made their opinion known and clearly you're in the minority. Why are you even posting in a LSF thread if you hate 1:2 scale so much?

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'll put that 1:2 Batman up against any piece in your collection and guarantee that the 1:2 will blow it away. Not even a question.

Just let it go for ******'s sake. Everyone here has made their opinion known and clearly you're in the minority. Why are you even posting in a LSF thread if you hate 1:2 scale so much?

And your the only one getting upset by others opinions.... Sorry my opinion got you so riled up... I could care less that I am in the minority... I was just agreeing with my Khev and explaining my point of view. You are the only one who seems to be getting upset because a couple of posters don't like a certain scale. I even went out of my way to make sure explained that I understood the appeal but it was not for me... Don't know why some people don't like discussion and differing opinions on a discussion board. Oh well.

Last edited:
I do wish people would drop this thing about 1/2 scale statues looking like kids. There must be some kids out there with very weird proportions to have given people that opinion. It's like saying a 1/4 statue looks like a baby... Just no.

And your the only one getting upset by others opinions.... Sorry my opinion got you so riled up... I could care less that I am in the minority... I was just agreeing with my Khev and explaining my point of view. You are the only one who seems to be getting upset because a couple of posters don't like a certain scale. I even went out of my way to make sure explained that I understood the appeal but it was not for me... Don't know why some people don't like discussion and differing opinions on a discussion board. Oh well.

I'm not upset, just annoyed by the fact that you keep feeling the need to post the same thing over and over again. If you don't like 1:1 or 1:2 scale pieces that's fine, but to keep reiterating that those scales aren't collectible and are somehow inferior to 1/4 scale is an insult to everyone who collects larger scale stuff. It's not a "discussion" when you keep trashing things other people collect and then act like you're the victim when you get called out for it!

I do wish people would drop this thing about 1/2 scale statues looking like kids. There must be some kids out there with very weird proportions to have given people that opinion. It's like saying a 1/4 statue looks like a baby... Just no.

Again... the larger scale look looks off to me... That is all...

1:1 looks like an adult, pass:lol

:lol That is true... I don't want one of them in my collection :lol But I understand why people do.

I'm not upset, just annoyed by the fact that you keep feeling the need to post the same thing over and over again.

:lol wow two whole post I had about 1/2 and 1/1 scale before you started complaining for me to let it go..
three post if you count the one where I posted to make sure I was not trying to offed owners of the batman 1/2 scale..

If you don't like 1:1 or 1:2 scale pieces that's fine, but to keep reiterating that those scales aren't collectible and are somehow inferior to 1/4 scale is an insult to everyone who collects larger scale stuff

Again two post were I discusses why I don't care for larer scale pieces. Never once saying that I thought they were inferior. Just Why I, Myself, IMO did not care for the scale.

People responded and I responded back.... Like you do on these things and then you got all upset. YOU did... No one else.

Funny How I did not get upset when someone said their 1/4 scale look like toys now next to their 1/2 scale or how 1/4 or only "nice enough and never make their Jaws drop. Guess I understood its how they and you felt and there was no reason to get upset.

It's not a "discussion" when you keep trashing things other people collect and then act like you're the victim when you get called out for it!

Well you idea of trashing and mine are very different.

"for me its the fact that my eye can not take in the whole item like it can a 1/4 scale item. There is just something really neat about seeing the details on a smaller piece. It comes across more as art to me. Full scale comes across more like props and I am not a prop guy. Personal preference but I can see why people would like them."

"I have seen actual Star Wars costumes in person (Vader, Fett, and Stormtrooper). Nothing I felt like owning. But I refer to my above statement. The larger scales are just not for me."

"Except when I see pics of this piece in peoples collections... It no longer looks like a collectible in my eyes... More like a child in cosplay.... It's a great sculpt. It really is. Would be better at 1/4 scale. The larger scale just loses that collectible look to me... But I get why people like the larger pieces... Just not for me."

"Since you own that piece I want you to be sure that my previous post about it looking like a cosplay child is not a knock on the piece. Just at that scale it looses that collectible look and starts looking odd to me. I have watched lots of videos of this piece and on its own it looks nice but once I see it in scale with anything or anyone else it gets that look that I just don't love.

Sculpt wise and paint wise it is amazing. Congrats!"

"I am not crazy about larger scale piece... They loose something and become more toy like or just not as impressive to my eyes. They look cool but I don't poor over them like I do 1/4 scale. I saw the Maul 1/2 scale in person and it looked cheap.

There is something about having amazing accurate detail on a 1/4 scale piece. Your eye can take the whole thing in. One the scales get larger the details are there but not as impressive as the smaller scale items.

I had the 1/3 scale Batman Noel and it was nice but the details are spread out and thus has that less impressive look.

Radd Titan said the original Arkham bats reminded them of a large toy also.

1/4 scale just seems to be the perfect size.

Having said all of this I have never been a fan of full scale pieces either.

Something about that 1/4 scale that is the perfect blend between reality and collectible."

When did I trash anyones piece.... I said how I felt about it but many times stated that I understand the appeal and why people like it. I even discussed the great sculpt work and

2 whole post... You need to get a grip.

Never mind... Your right... Pure Venom

OK guys, we all understand that you have different opinions, it's a free world, different opinions are welcomed. But I think this should end already. Thank you.

OK guys, we all understand that you have different opinions, it's a free world, different opinions are welcomed. But I think this should end already. Thank you.

what he said. take it to pms if you must continue.

OK this will settle everything...

JAWS will sell me his amazing Bruce that he displays at the top of his shelf.
Brent72 will sell me his amazing life-size Vader.

Once you both offer me a price I cannot refuse, I will declare your current debate as settled. :)

Exactly and I agree... I am done...

OK this will settle everything...

JAWS will sell me his amazing Bruce that he displays at the top of his shelf.
Brent72 will sell me his amazing life-size Vader.

Once you both offer me a price I cannot refuse, I will declare your current debate as settled. :)

$1,200 and it's yours ;)

I will then run and buy another... :lol

True, and even smaller scale stuff can be great. I have AvP dio, WETA environments, etc...Good piece is just that. The 1:2 looking like a child joke is really tired, nobody that had ever seen one in person would think that.

Like I said before. Someone said that crap years ago and fools keep repeating it without thinking. I have seen half scale statues in person and none of them looks like little kids in costume. Kids proportions are Soo much different it's retarded to say they even look remotely like a adult shaped statue.

Like I said before. Someone said that crap years ago and fools keep repeating it without thinking. I have seen half scale statues in person and none of them looks like little kids in costume. Kids proportions are Soo much different it's retarded to say they even look remotely like a adult shaped statue.

1:2 figures are clean, quiet, stand still, and are cheap to maintain. How could you possibly confuse the 2?:lol

Back