Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take 1:1 and 1:2 scale collectibles over 1/4 any day, but that's just me. I've got a few 1/4 statues and they're nice enough, but they never make my jaw drop the way my 1:1 and 1:2 stuff does. There's just no comparison.

I would have bought this 1:2 Vader in a hot minute if SS had actually made something worth that kind of money, but as I've said before and "Hollywood" above reiterated nothing they do ever lives up to the prototypes. SS should look at the kind of 1:2 statues Prime 1 is producing for less money and be utterly embarrassed.

You can buy the Anovos Vader suit for the same price and display as 1:1 or wear it for Halloween.

I will take 1:1 and 1:2 scale collectibles over 1/4 any day, but that's just me. I've got a few 1/4 statues and they're nice enough, but they never make my jaw drop the way my 1:1 and 1:2 stuff does. There's just no comparison.

Yes, to each his own. :duff

Celebration Orlando offered a unique opportunity for me to view 1:1 statues, 1:2, 1/4 PF's, and 1/6 scale HT and SSC figures all in the same place so that I got to see exactly in person which pieces wow'd me over all the others. The life-size Boba Fett and LSF Vader and Troopers just didn't do it for me. I kept coming back to the 1/4 scale Fett, Maul, Rey, Jyn, and Chewie PF's. For me that's where it's at.

That being said I'll stop hijacking the thread and let the target audience enjoy (or not enjoy based on many of the responses) this upcoming Vader. :)

Last edited:
Well, the reason you didn't like Sideshow's 1:1 Fett and 1:2 Vader is because they look awful and are way overpriced. :lol

When done right(and the key word is right) nothing tops larger scale pieces.

Now I'll stop hijacking the thread too.

I, would be curious to see Prime 1 do a 1/3 Vader.... pose/details/options/price wise... their 1/3 Batman line is completely out of this world for tremendous display option, amazing attention to details and a MUCH fairer price that any SSC 1/2 scale.

I, would be curious to see Prime 1 do a 1/3 Vader.... pose/details/options/price wise... their 1/3 Batman line is completely out of this world for tremendous display option, amazing attention to details and a MUCH fairer price that any SSC 1/2 scale.

1/3 is my favorite but there are not a lot of options like with 1/4 scale. 1/2 is too big and usually just looks odd IMO.

OK, I'm going off topic again, but on no planet does this look "odd".

2016-_Prime-1-_Studio-011.jpg

^ Being an owner of that piece I 100% agree, there is nothing odd about it. I wish Sideshow would just let Prime 1 take over the 1:2 Star Wars license.

The flip side is I'm really becoming a fan of 1/5. If they have a good base they still feel a good size (as opposed to the HT 1/6 toy feel) yet are still small enough to display easily, cheap enough they don't break the bank ...and for those two reasons I'm more likely to grab supporting characters as well.
I'm hoping Sideshow and others move more in this direction.

I like 1/5 scale also if done right... But I hate having them displayed with other 1/4 scale pieces. Boba Mythos is one of the best statues ever.

for me its the fact that my eye can not take in the whole item like it can a 1/4 scale item. There is just something really neat about seeing the details on a smaller piece. It comes across more as art to me. Full scale comes across more like props and I am not a prop guy. Personal preference but I can see why people would like them.

Yes, to each his own. :duff

Celebration Orlando offered a unique opportunity for me to view 1:1 statues, 1:2, 1/4 PF's, and 1/6 scale HT and SSC figures all in the same place so that I got to see exactly in person which pieces wow'd me over all the others. The life-size Boba Fett and LSF Vader and Troopers just didn't do it for me. I kept coming back to the 1/4 scale Fett, Maul, Rey, Jyn, and Chewie PF's. For me that's where it's at.

That being said I'll stop hijacking the thread and let the target audience enjoy (or not enjoy based on many of the responses) this upcoming Vader. :)

Well, the reason you didn't like Sideshow's 1:1 Fett and 1:2 Vader is because they look awful and are way overpriced. :lol

When done right(and the key word is right) nothing tops larger scale pieces.

Now I'll stop hijacking the thread too.

I have seen actual Star Wars costumes in person (Vader, Fett, and Stormtrooper). Nothing I felt like owning. But I refer to my above statement. The larger scales are just not for me.

OK, I'm going off topic again, but on no planet does this look "odd".

2016-_Prime-1-_Studio-011.jpg

Except when I see pics of this piece in peoples collections... It no longer looks like a collectible in my eyes... More like a child in cosplay.... It's a great sculpt. It really is. Would be better at 1/4 scale. The larger scale just loses that collectible look to me... But I get why people like the larger pieces... Just not for me.

Having said all this... I would take a full scale R2 for my collection. But it ends there.

^ Being an owner of that piece I 100% agree, there is nothing odd about it. I wish Sideshow would just let Prime 1 take over the 1:2 Star Wars license.

Since you own that piece I want you to be sure that my previous post about it looking like a cosplay child is not a knock on the piece. Just at that scale it looses that collectible look and starts looking odd to me. I have watched lots of videos of this piece and on its own it looks nice but once I see it in scale with anything or anyone else it gets that look that I just don't love.

Sculpt wise and paint wise it is amazing. Congrats!

Except when I see pics of this piece in peoples collections... It no longer looks like a collectible in my eyes... More like a child in cosplay.... It's a great sculpt. It really is. Would be better at 1/4 scale. The larger scale just loses that collectible look to me... But I get why people like the larger pieces... Just not for me.

As I said before in this thread, saying a 1:2 scale statue looks like a child in cosplay is completely ridiculous and makes absolutely ZERO sense. I think that when you put a 1/4 scale statue next to a 1:2 it makes the 1/4 look like a toy and I say that as someone who has several 1/4 statues. Nothing has the impact of a 1:2 or 1:1 piece, but to each their own.

I thought we had moved past this discussion anyway.

After seeing a lot of ppl's man caves and statue rooms, 1/4 and up is where its at. 1/6 looks too toyish or like Barbie dolls. I'm actually think of selling my 1/6 stuff for that reason. Its all about the display.

Except when I see pics of this piece in peoples collections... It no longer looks like a collectible in my eyes... More like a child in cosplay....

tenor.gif

I think that when you put a 1/4 scale statue next to a 1:2 it makes the 1/4 look like a toy and I say that as someone who has several 1/4 statues.

This.

Good piece is a good piece period. When it comes to poseable figures most people just dont have the eye or attention to detail to make then look like anything other than dollies.

My 1/2 scale bats is a showstopper, and the most detailed, immaculate piece I've owned, but that doesnt stop my 1/3 scale deathstroke or harley pieces from being incredible, or my 1/4 predator maquette from being great, or my 1/6 scale keaton batman from being stupidly lifelike.

1/5 scale sucks though and I dont know why.

Good piece is a good piece period. When it comes to poseable figures most people just dont have the eye or attention to detail to make then look like anything other than dollies.

My 1/2 scale bats is a showstopper, and the most detailed, immaculate piece I've owned, but that doesnt stop my 1/3 scale deathstroke or harley pieces from being incredible, or my 1/4 predator maquette from being great, or my 1/6 scale keaton batman from being stupidly lifelike.

1/5 scale sucks though and I dont know why.
True, and even smaller scale stuff can be great. I have AvP dio, WETA environments, etc...Good piece is just that. The 1:2 looking like a child joke is really tired, nobody that had ever seen one in person would think that.

As I said before in this thread, saying a 1:2 scale statue looks like a child in cosplay is completely ridiculous and makes absolutely ZERO sense. I think that when you put a 1/4 scale statue next to a 1:2 it makes the 1/4 look like a toy and I say that as someone who has several 1/4 statues. Nothing has the impact of a 1:2 or 1:1 piece, but to each their own.

Agreed. I collect all scales from tiny figures to 1:1 props and stuff. The bigger, the more impact it has. Simple and undeniable.

Don't know what to tell you... I just don't like it... I was pretty sure to point out that it was just how I feel. I get why people like them... They just don't do it for me. I have seen great 1:1 wax sculpts that looked lifelike and highly detailed. I would not one in my collection. Just my opinion.

Perhaps I would feel differently about the 1/2 scale bats it was not Batflack. Perhaps if it was comic based or a better pose I would feel differently. As is and this is just going from videos, it looks off and goofy to me. Not in detail or sculpt but in presence. Perhaps I would feel differently in person.

Again just my opinion. Not knocking those who like them or own them. They are just not for me and apparently some other people. Nothing wrong with that.

Ridiculous to you... To me a 1/2 scale in a collectors room looks Ridiculous... I just don't like it... I was pretty sure to point out that it was just how I feel. I get why people like them... They just don't do it for me. I have seen great 1:1 wax sculpts that looked lifelike and highly detailed. I would not one in my collection. Just my opinion.

Perhaps I would feel differently about the 1/2 scale bats it was not Batflack. Perhaps if it was comic based or a better pose I would feel differently. As is and this is just going from videos, it looks off and goofy to me. Not in detail or sculpt but in presence. Perhaps I would feel differently in person.

Again just my opinion. Not knocking those who like them or own them. They are just not for me and apparently some other people. Nothing wrong with that.

Just let it go for ******'s sake. Everyone here has made their opinion known and clearly you're in the minority. Why are you even posting in a LSF thread if you hate 1:2 scale so much?

Back