Darth Maul PF Pics....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks pretty spot on for a Duel of the Fates Maul. I passed on this hoping for a robed Tatooine version later. I'm thinking Maul is poplular enough to warrant another PF even if they go the Thunderball Bond/Alt Buffy route in redressing this version.

hairlesswookiee said:
i agree that Maul could qualify for a second PF down the road. i'd be happy if they didn't though. i would really prefer a Palpatine PF over Maul.

I agree. Dooku and Palpatine would round up the Sith.

If they did a robed Maul PF, I'd want him modeled after this:

maulcool_lg.jpg

I prefer the pic of him looking away as Qui-Gon makes his escape on the ship in Tattoine. I think you can only see his back and the one hand turning the lightsaber off.

Mine is at home but I won't be there for another hour. It will be about 1 1/2 hours from now that I'll post pics.

Got mine this morning. But I've got an issue with the light feature. It a battery only this time unlike Vader's and it won't stay on after a few times using the switch.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Looks awesome !!! thumbs up to Sideshow on this one.

tomandshell said:
I'm sitting here in the front room waiting for the FedEx man to ring the bell.

I'm sure he'll conviently forget to deliver it today then :monkey3 :maul

endo1 said:
Got mine this morning. But I've got an issue with the light feature. It a battery only this time unlike Vader's and it won't stay on after a few times using the switch.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Battery only? You mean it doesn't look like this, with a place to plug in an adapter?

maulpfty4.jpg

I have all my PFs inside a locked cabinet now, with outlets inside. Ben and Vader are plugged in and can be turned on from a switch on top of the cabinet, without having to unlock and open the door.

tomandshell said:
Battery only? You mean it doesn't look like this, with a place to plug in an adapter?

maulpfty4.jpg

I have all my PFs inside a locked cabinet now, with outlets inside. Ben and Vader are plugged in and can be turned on from a switch on top of the cabinet, without having to unlock and open the door.

Tom, SSC stated somewhere long ago that Maul would be battery powered no AC adapter.

I thought the battery statement was the ORIGINAL statement and then they came out and said it would have a power adapter too. Even the site still says it comes with a power adapter.

Yeah it sucks big time about the no adapter!!

Also be sure not to leave the light going too long. The batteries got so hot I almost could not remove them. When I did get them out the foil Energizer labels where staring to peel off. I think this has something to do with the switch now not working. And yes I matched up the porlarity on the batt's perfectly.

Be careful!!!!

MaulFan said:
Tom, SSC stated somewhere long ago that Maul would be battery powered no AC adapter.

Well, this is really bad news. Why the heck did they make this decision? I wouldn't mind having to buy my own adapter--just give me the option! I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of leaving batteries inside a high end item like this for a long period of time so that they can explode or leak. I have always used the power adapters on electrical items from SS and it's extremely irritating that they didn't give us the choice this time.

Looks like my Maul isn't going to have his lightsaber turned on very often, unlike Vader and Ben. Does anybody want to help me customize a base that will accept an adapter? (Or maybe I can call Sideshow and try to buy the base used in the QTVR on the product page...)

This really takes my excitement and anticipation down a notch or two.

Back