Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: hunky_artist's artistic creations!

Absolutely amazing Hunky....next time I'm due to hurtle up the M6 (I used to live in Warrington!) I'll bring all my 12" figures up for customization!!!!!:D

Seeing your Anakin, Hunky, brings warm feeling to my heart. :inlove

thamesvalidude said:
Absolutely amazing Hunky....next time I'm due to hurtle up the M6 (I used to live in Warrington!) I'll bring all my 12" figures up for customization!!!!!:D

hehe, just don't bring too many all at once!! :lol

and pixletwin, bless you, lol. Brings warm feeling to MY heart too.... as in I never thought i'd get this thing back on my shelf! yay!

I allready posted this in the Anakin's image thread, but I thought it beared repeating:

pixletwin said:
Remember this?

Anakin-refined.jpg

That image was made with a computer (sorry, I forget who made it).

I would swear that was Hunky's Anakin.
finished5.jpg

lol I need to take a better front on shot than that. Because the camera was too close it makes his nose look huge and makes him all fish faced, lol :lol

Great stuff!
Anakin looks wonderful, I really hope to see my Anakin look like that soon!

hunky_artist said:
thanks guys :)

sorry for the hit and run here, i'm just up to my eyeballs trying to get stuff sent out before I get on with commmissions i've had lined up for months... so i havent been posting much in the forums the last few weeks. This is just a copy of the pics I put in the SW Anakin thread. Hopefuly I'll be able to join in conversation again on here at some point :lol

next to a standard sith head for comparison

newpainted1.jpg
pm sent ;)

repeat post from the obi-wan image thread......

ok this isn't the best paintjob... to be honest I rushed it to get it finished because I was getting ready to send the first Anakins out, and I just needed this back on the shelf and out of the way.

I literally just plonked this on the figure right now, and the clothes haven't been put together properly ( I unstitched everything to make it better... and it's still all unstitched, lol so i just put it together for the pics)

I know guys here will do better paintjobs if they get hold of any, but these are the first pics so I thought i'd put them up as a taster so you get an idea of the sculpt (also its dark here so the light is lousy.. hence they're not too clear)

resculpted hair, neck, beard, moustache, nose, cheeks... pretty much everything, lol. more pics tomorrow hopefully

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

Someone in a pm who just received their Obi-Wan and Anakin heads (one of the first to go out) mentioned that it was difficult to tell what had been changed on Obi as the changes were all fairly subtle and not as dramatic as the Anakin changes... so I knocked this up just now to show what changes had been made.

The pics show before, after.. and everything in red is what was resculpted. New nose (got rid of that concorde old one), new neck and rear hairline, new more full cheeks and less side beard, new moustache shape (less of a 70's gay biker handlebar shape), and so on and so on.....

(not sure why the repaint is looking so orange in these pics.... lol. Anyway ignore the eyes... i rushed it and messed them up. But from 2 feet away you cant tell so im leaving them for now :lol

original.jpg

after.jpg

changes.jpg

I can definitely see the improvement. Awesome job on both of those! You know I'll be wanting one of each for sure!

wow...you changed alot and really did amazing things to it. wow.
awesome work man

While Customikey waits: Any pics of a certain scarless force ghost? :monkey3

damn you guys are impatient, lol...... I did say they'd take a while for me to be able to get to them, sheesh :rotfl (I'm currently resculpting a Star Trek T'Pol figure to turn it into a Torres figure... and this was paid for way before I even did these new casts.... sorry)

Pixle... your Anakin scars are filled in and smoothed out ( I wasn't happy with it before but I am now). Once I've primed it I'll snap a pic to tide you over till you get it, lol

and Michael..... you're NEXT (but you're getting more heads so it'll take..... oh I don't know.... it'll take a week? maybe? lol....) I promise as fast as I can... I WANT to see yours painted.

When I repainted my first ever figure for myself I'd never have thought that I'd end up with a waiting list, on and off the forums. Mad.

Thanks for your patience guys. :bow

hunky_artist said:
...Pixle... your Anakin scars are filled in and smoothed out ( I wasn't happy with it before but I am now). Once I've primed it I'll snap a pic to tide you over till you get it, lol...Thanks for your patience guys. :bow

:blissy :blissy I will be waiting with baited breath. :inlove

You guys give Hunky a break!!! :lol

Dude, your redos, are seriously great! Love the Anakin. Can't wait to see your newer developments. Just know that I am not watching a clock! :D

Back