Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok gonna add just a few pieces that I've worked on recently. I still won't have time to be as active in this forum as some, I've got my website, email and facebook page for that. (facebook page is the one I post on every day)

.....but I figure I should let you see some of what I've been doing :lol

This was a Padme figure where I had to dremel out the head and add/sculpt all new hair and give it my usual full paint job. I'm really happy with the transformation :cool:

Larger, clearer pictures on my facebook page :)

This is a thing of beauty amazing work mate so life like with the skin tones

and finally (for today, I have painting to do!) ...Tom Hanks as seen in Road to Perdition. He's standing in the downpour of rain here.

EDIT: Urgh, I've no idea why they're sideways like that... they're fine on my computer. Here's the link to my facebook album of the pics. they're larger pics anyway on there.

CLICK HERE FOR FACEBOOK ALBUM

Fantastic stuff all around! I can't believe how good that Padme sculpt is. Is that all you did was all hair, did you do anything to the face? It's an excellent likeness.

This is a thing of beauty amazing work mate so life like with the skin tones

Thank you so much! :eek:

Fantastic stuff all around! I can't believe how good that Padme sculpt is. Is that all you did was all hair, did you do anything to the face? It's an excellent likeness.

All i did was the hair, and my usual 'spend a week' painting it. I did a few sneaky painting tricks with the eyes to correct the shape slightly, but it was mostly spot on for how I wanted it to look. It's an incredible likeness from Trevor Grove (I think). When a sculpt is good it's mostly about getting the skin tones/makeup as you see in the film and getting the eyes right.

ok gonna add just a few pieces that I've worked on recently. I still won't have time to be as active in this forum as some, I've got my website, email and facebook page for that. (facebook page is the one I post on every day)

.....but I figure I should let you see some of what I've been doing :lol

This was a Padme figure where I had to dremel out the head and add/sculpt all new hair and give it my usual full paint job. I'm really happy with the transformation :cool:

Larger, clearer pictures on my facebook page :)

ahh -NICE!!!! :hi5::love

Good to see you back. Spock and Bones look incredible.

It's a long time ago that we talked about it, but are you still able to do my Legolas? :pray:

Wow, nice job! Looks great.

Btw=D
tumblr_mwkcxeAVTr1s4hiu6o1_1280.jpg

Thanks everyone! I just realised HOW small attaching photos shrinks them down to. Urgh. It's so annoying because it's much easier than having to upload them seperately to photobucket and then copying the links across one by one.... but doing that lets you insert much larger pics.

This is one of the reasons I abandoned forums :lol ...by the time i've uploaded pics to my facebook and my website there's almost no time left for painting LOL

ah well.... maybe I'll just do less here. Like this one that I did not long ago.

DOCHOLLIDAYforDeviantART.jpg

Good to see you back. Spock and Bones look incredible.

It's a long time ago that we talked about it, but are you still able to do my Legolas? :pray:

Actually.... I WILL soon. I found another 3 Leggy heads. I'm about a week away from having ALL my painting commissions finished finally I think (apart from a few I've been trying to contact) and then I'll be working flat out on the Kirk sculpt... but after that I'll be taking on new commissions again. Do i have your email address? I'll shoot you an email.

Doctor Who t-shirt 'Snog Box' is on sale NOW for just $14 for the next 72 hours! GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN. It goes back up to $20 afterwards.

https://teepublic.com/show/8294-snog-box

It's the 50th tomorrow... and Christmas in a month... is there any better time to grab this at this price??

Let's all sing the theme tune together now... OOOWWEEEOOOOO!!! :panic:

Back