Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theokou

Freaked Out
Reaction score
BlackSwanEyes.jpg

Black Swan follows the story of Nina (Portman), a ballerina in a New York City ballet company whose life, like all those in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. She lives with her retired ballerina mother Erica (Hershey) who zealously supports her daughter's professional ambition. When artistic director Thomas Leroy (Cassel) decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Ryder) for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice. But Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily (Kunis), who impresses Leroy as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side with a recklessness that threatens to destroy her.

Trailer: (if someone can embed)

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/blackswan/

Klint Mansell again is doing the score :yess:
Mila Kunis :love

Aronofsky is a writing/directing god.
Clint Mansell is a musical genius.
Been in love with Natalie Portman since "The Professional" (same age)
I will be seeing this.

Did you hear those ____ing strings! Clint Mansell is one of the best working. Can't wait to hear the whole score.

I was pissed when Aronofsky left Robocop for this but I'm very pleased with the feel of what I'm seeing. I would have seen it regardless, but I'm a little less pissed right now.

It is incredibly depressing, though from my understanding, it is a pretty accurate portrayal of a washed up pro rassler. Not a profession I would want to pursue. The gloomy, depressing, but "realistic" movies like Precious and the Wrestler entertained me much more when I was younger.

That trailer looked great! It had a very creepy and disturbing vibe to it!! I'm probably gonna see this in the cinema! :)

still not seen The Wrestler yet :monkey3

Me neither.
I have seen Requim For A Dream a long time ago, like 7 or 8 years and don't remember much about it, and I saw The Fountain last year. That was OK IMO.

The Fountain is my favorite movie - ever. Probably because of the simple fact that the main theme is accepting death, and death is the one thing in this existence that I fear and cannot accept.
It also has the most beautiful original score I've ever heard. It even beats out the score to Solaris imo. I listen to it quite a lot.

I like Aronofky's films. This one looks promising. Having both Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in it helps. :)

I have seen Requim For A Dream a long time ago, like 7 or 8 years and don't remember much about it

I only remember Jennifer Connelly's full frontal....:lol

This has Mila and Natalie making out...its a definite watch....on Netflix....

0818-black-swan-00-480x258.jpg

Back