Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Requiem mostly for starring Marlan Wayans as a character that depressed me rather than making me laugh.

Aronofsky is one of the best in the biz. One of those that doesnt just want to make a film, but wants to make a piece of art. .... cant wait ... :monkey1

Looks great! Who knew Ballet could be so dark? LOL

Hopefully he'll do Robocop after this!

I read a couple of weeks ago that the Robocop reboot won't be coming at all...

"Gone. Kaput. Canceled. It was one of the first casualties,"

"[Darren] has lost interest anyway, I believe. Think we're all just going to have to be happy with the three RoboCop movies that are out there."
Source: MGM

I read this on a Dutch movienews site (in Dutch though):
https://www.filmtotaal.nl/artikel.php?id=18494

The Fountain is my favorite movie - ever. Probably because of the simple fact that the main theme is accepting death, and death is the one thing in this existence that I fear and cannot accept.
It also has the most beautiful original score I've ever heard. It even beats out the score to Solaris imo. I listen to it quite a lot.

We might be the only two people who think so

Apparently this movie was the talk of the town at the Venice(recieved standing ovation) and Telluride film festivals. Two of the reviews I read both compared the film to early Polanski.

I am so glad to see The Fountain love in this thread! It is my favorite movie of all time too. It is a love story, a conquistador movie, a sci-fi movie and a really deep exploration of death and obsession and suicide and...

Let me just put it this way. Any critic who pans it is not worth listening to. If you don't like it, fine. But you can't dismiss it as a bad film or you are stupid.

Sorry, I am just very, very passionate about it.

We might be the only two people who think so

Make it three. While not my FAV ever... it is absolutely brilliant. And the score? Yes, it would find itself among the top 5 of all time.

Aronofsky has NEVER disappointed. And BLACK SWAN looks to be him at the top of his game.... word out of Venice and Telluride certainly seem to support this.

Fun fact: Aronofsky was a huge LOST fan and wanted to go to Hawaii and direct. Darlton was juiced to have him and it was set that he would come out and direct Season 2's "?". Unfortuantely, Rachel Weisz's pregnancy got in the way and he had to cancel. Could have been AMAZING though... oh well.

People are already talking about Portman Oscar buzz. I have to say its got me interested in seeing the film a little more...

Yeah, I've watched the trailer a few times now, and each time I get more excited for this. From what I'm hearing, it's great. I wanna hear the score...

I wasn't sure if I was going to go see this in the theater or wait for the dvd. Then I read the following in a review "an incredibly graphic sex scene between Portman and Kunis". Uh, yea...I'm in.

I'm sorry I passed out a minute...."an incredibly graphic sex scene between Portman and Kunis...."

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

jizz_in_pants_andy_samberg.jpg

ComingSoon.net has learned that following the enormous opening weekend success of Darren Aronofsky's thriller Black Swan, starring Natalie Portman, Fox Searchlight plan on giving the movie a wide release into over 1,000 theaters on December 22, just in time for Christmas!

The movie which received huge critical raves out of the Venice, Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals and has received equally enormous Oscar buzz for Portman's performance as a ballet dancer buckling under the pressures of a high-profile role in "Swan Lake" opened in 18 theaters this past Friday, December 3. The film earned $1.4 million in 13th place, setting a new per-theater average for Fox Searchlight with $80k per venue. In the past, Searchlight's masterful tactics in expanding their "arthouse films" has led to huge hits like Little Miss Sunshine, Sideways, Juno and Napoleon Dynamite.

Black Swan will now be nationwide opposite Universal's Little ____ers, the Coen Brothers' True Grit and Jack Black's Gulliver's Travels, but since most people will have off in the week following Christmas, they'll have plenty of time to see all the movies if they choose to do so.

:yess::clap
So happy, now I don't have to wait on the blu-ray! This has been up on my must see list since I heard about it. Glad to see it get a wide release.

Any one who saw this movie give the 411 about the Portman/Kunis scenes..

Back