DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

What is that...a breeze? No, it's too strong...a storm blowing in...a strong one by the looks of it...more like...a Hurri...no...no...not that...but a major Tropical Storm for sure! Not QUITE a Hurricane, but DAMN CLOSE!

Tropical Storm Josh! :rock

Great job on this Josh. Terrific.
Did you draw those lines in, or tape them? And the paint looks perfect! You are coming on strong with these clones bro! I am VERY impressed!
If I get a Medi-Clone....well...I'm thinking....:D
Great work dude!

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Wow, Les! Thank you soo much for the kind words. This one was a snap for me, after the others. The hardest part was matching the orange paint, took me quite a few mixings to get that right. The lines I drew on with a pencil, using both the movie stills and pics of the Hasbro toys as reference. The legs were tricky, you don't get many shots in the film of the trooper's legs.

Also, as for weathering, I wanted the lines on his outfit to be a bit more crisp so great care was taken to keep it sharp. And I did not add a lot of dirt, just some clay mud spray on the feet and lower legs and a few blaster marks/scrapes. In the end it was really my favorite of the bunch, wish I had more to make one for myself.

Gotta love that Utapau trooper! :rock

You' ve got a PM Josh ;)

Pm replied. :rock

And also guys... I wanted to tell you a messed up story of how I got screwed yet again and it is holding up my business. :emperor

My bank screwed me big time. I have money now, thankfully... but no real access to it. I'm glad I shipped out all the boxes I had last Friday with cash, so at least most of the stuff made it out the door.

But here is my current situation, I cancelled out my extra accounts and they killed my current debit card as well. At first I thought my credit needed the weekend to show up in my account, but alas it was not the case. The money was there, just could not access it. So all of my bills didn't go through and I lost a few Sideshow orders as well, including one that I bought with my $100 gift card that I won. :monkey4

I'd write a check, but the place I ship through doesn't take anything else but cash and I am not having another JAWS shipping incident where I spend $130 to ship something and lose half the money I got for it. So I stick with these guys. So this will hold up shipping on my end....AGAIN. So bear with me guys, as I get my new debit card in the mail and the boxes start moving again. It will be soon, hopefully in the next week. :rock

So I have a new card coming soon and should be able to get to my money during this next week. I apologize for the hold up

Pm replied. :rock

And also guys... I wanted to tell you a messed up story of how I got screwed yet again and it is holding up my business. :emperor

My bank screwed me big time. I have money now, thankfully... but no real access to it. I'm glad I shipped out all the boxes I had last Friday with cash, so at least most of the stuff made it out the door.

But here is my current situation, I cancelled out my extra accounts and they killed my current debit card as well. At first I thought my credit needed the weekend to show up in my account, but alas it was not the case. The money was there, just could not access it. So all of my bills didn't go through and I lost a few Sideshow orders as well, including one that I bought with my $100 gift card that I won. :monkey4

I'd write a check, but the place I ship through doesn't take anything else but cash and I am not having another JAWS shipping incident where I spend $130 to ship something and lose half the money I got for it. So I stick with these guys. So this will hold up shipping on my end....AGAIN. So bear with me guys, as I get my new debit card in the mail and the boxes start moving again. It will be soon, hopefully in the next week. :rock

So I have a new card coming soon and should be able to get to my money during this next week. I apologize for the hold up

Jeez whats going on with you these days?.................did you break a mirror or something?

"If ya didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all"

:lol

Jeez whats going on with you these days?.................did you break a mirror or something?

"If ya didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all"

I know man... it's crazy. I must have something coming down the line, or at least I hope. This has to be worth something, or a prelude to something better. I just keep having the ground fall out from under me. :lol

I know man... it's crazy. I must have something coming down the line, or at least I hope. This has to be worth something, or a prelude to something better. I just keep having the ground fall out from under me. :lol

Have you ever heard the expression "Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better"? I KNOW for a fact that the expression is very real and applies to some of us.

Hang in there Joshie-Ro! You'll work it out! Can't be as bad as my burnt finger! :monkey2
Pendulums man, pendulums! Swings one way for a while, then the other. Always rocking! Gotta watch for it!

Besides, you gotta work this out before we go toy-hoppin' in Orlando in January! :monkey5

Toy Hopping in Orlando in January??? Mega Con or FX? It'd be cool to meet you fellas! I'm here in O-town...

FX.... We went last year and are making it a yearly event for Les and I. Last year, no other freaks met us there... this year it would be a cool East Coast Freaks event if we can get enough people. :rock

And Les, I will have money then... saving already!

Josh.

Dude...

Get a new bank man! Tell 'em to stick your new card up their asses! Over here in the UK the banks are always offering some crazy 0% interest deal on balance transfers to get you to switch over. I don't know what it's like in the states but you might wanna consider it.

But yah, you do seem to be having a right old run of it at the moment.

Quick question, I'm preety sure that I already know the answer to this but wanted to check, was mine one of the ones that shipped or are we still holding? Just so's that I know when to check with my post office.

Cheers Dude and chin up, it could always be worse...

Just imagine if say a crazed plasto maniac like Monk broke into your house, stripped off and started fondling your toys and taking photos. That's GOTTA be worse...

Josh, LISTEN TO ABSTRACT! He is wise! And that last bit scares even me! :lol

FX.... We went last year and are making it a yearly event for Les and I. Last year, no other freaks met us there... this year it would be a cool East Coast Freaks event if we can get enough people. :rock

And Les, I will have money then... saving already!

Me too! FX rules! :chew
Hope we can have a GATHERING!
FX FREAKS GATHERING 2008!

Josh, this is just my two cent and I mean it in the best way. I'm just a glass half full sort of guy but...
I frequently run through some of my trials and tribulations to people who generally give me a raised eyebrow and tell me how much bad luck I've had, to which I counter:
I have a home, kids, and unlimited opportunity. I can worship whatever religion I want... or not. I can come and go as I please. I can even make cool back grounds in my basement, that people buy to display toys on. You have had some bad luck, but minor and temporary bad luck. You have the brains and the talent to overcome these little inconveniences.
I know that you are well aware of all this, so my little soapbox is more for the audience. Think how lucky are you to have a home, a wife, a job, an ability to use your talent to bring in a nice extra income.
How lucky are all of us that we can afford to spend more than some people make in a year on toys?
This is just a bump in the road that will soon pass, in the mean time you have people waiting in a long line just to own some of your work. That is a wonderful thing. You have been given the talent to bring joy to people when they get to own some of your work. That is lucky, no thats a blessing.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am keeping my options open for a bank change here shortly, just being more cautious about it than I normally have been.

Abstract, your stuff is still with me unfortunately. But mainly just because I want to get all of your stuff in one haul. You are going to be pumped because I am about %90 done with the Bonds and Obi is there as well. So by this weekend I should have a ton of cool pics to get you excited, right before I ship it out to you. :rock

Hang in there Josh! Great to see you in demand! Your work of late is stellar!:chew

(I just saw that Gollum bust today! When did that get posted? I missed it finished. Must have been when I was out of town, or some other thing...
Just want to say, AWESOME! Just terrific work! :rock)

Abstract is a Josh hog. :monkey3

;)

You're just jealous Pix...

:monkey5

Plus, unlike some people. I'm very patient...

:monkey1

J-Dawg, it's absolutely fine. I know it's a hell of a lot easier to send all my stuff in one go so it's all good, just looking forward to the pics this weekend now. Yum, yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back