Statue Dark X-Men Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd argue that a lot of the vs dioramas weren't a success. I'd say a lot of it still has to do with the choice of character. As for size it would cost too much to have the whole team in the same scale as the original vs. dios.

Punisher vs. Daredevil
Psylocke vs. Spiral
Blade vs. Dracula
X-23 vs. Lady Deathstrike
Namor vs. Iron Man

I'd argue that a lot of the vs dioramas weren't a success. I'd say a lot of it still has to do with the choice of character. As for size it would cost too much to have the whole team in the same scale as the original vs. dios.

Punisher vs. Daredevil
Psylocke vs. Spiral
Blade vs. Dracula
X-23 vs. Lady Deathstrike
Namor vs. Iron Man

the iron man vs. namor dio is the size of 2 bowens next to one another. it's the same scale as the older dios

the iron man vs. namor dio is the size of 2 bowens next to one another. it's the same scale as the older dios

Didn't say it wasn't. Was just saying that it wasn't that well received. I know it looked pretty nice but let's just say it didn't fly off the shelves. I believe the tiny vs. dioramas were Psylocke vs. Spiral and Punisher vs. Daredevil. Goes to show that a piece can be in a bigger scale but still fail to impress.

Didn't say it wasn't. Was just saying that it wasn't that well received. I know it looked pretty nice but let's just say it didn't fly off the shelves. I believe the tiny vs. dioramas were Psylocke vs. Spiral and Punisher vs. Daredevil. Goes to show that a piece can be in a bigger scale but still fail to impress.

because they were not sculpted by GG or Pablo v.

The problem for me is that the dios are boring to look at. I prefer the VS dios for 1) dynamic poses 2) bigger in size. As long as it is sculpted by the Gore Group or Pablo V for consistency I will buy.

As I stated long ago,........................Toe, he know!:goodpost::exactly:

Now if only SS can get back on track with VS line, (which is not hard at all!), by releasing Hulk vs Wolverine, Hulk vs Thing, Hulk vs Thor, FF vs Dr. Doom, Capt A. vs Ironman, Spidey vs Doc ock/Vulture/Goblin, Thor vs Silver Surfer, FF vs Galactus, Xmen vs Magneto, Thor vs Destroyer...........etc....etc......etc.....etc :dunno:thud::slap:gah:

Provided these are all full sculpts, & created by Gore group / Viggiano studios = the best this hobby presently has to offer.

Can't believe SS can't see this yet(???!!!), & are not churning out these classic match-ups, as the possibilities are practically endless, & SS would be hard pressed in exhausting these great classic battles any time soon. Instead, they release 3rd tier characters in order to "stretch" out the line???!!! And only end up with lack of interest & sales, & a very frustrated fan base!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Totally insane!!!:gah:

Maybe this is Sideshow way of getting out those obscured characters that they know won't draw a penny in any other format. Probably some kind of contractual agree or something...:dunno

if this was $250 they might hook a few, but at $350 - the cost of a PF, who on earth would get this over a PF? especially with sooo soo many good PFs coming out in the next few months.

Pics courtesy of Barbarian Fan

052fz.jpg

060oy.jpg

056vf.jpg

057vec.jpg

058fz.jpg

059zf.jpg

If this dio were just a tad bigger, I'd definitely get my hands on it

Back