Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy. It's a very nice 1:6 scale figure.

Attachments

• TsingTaoRunner.jpg
    TsingTaoRunner.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 91
The first thing i did was to remove about 3mm off the base of the neck.

br002.jpg

br003.jpg

I'm going to insert a few LEDs into the VK machine. The bellows is glued on, which is where i will hide the on/off switch. The base is a separate panel, that i will use to access the button cells. I've cut out the screens and will glue new images onto thin plasticard, which light can shine through. I will also drill out some of the lights on the front panel.

br001.jpg

Last edited:

br002.jpg

br003.jpg

I'm going to insert a few LEDs into the VK machine. The bellows is glued on, which is where i will hide the on/off switch. The base is a separate panel, that i will use to access the button cells. I've cut out the screens and will glue new images onto thin plasticard, which light can shine through. I will also drill out some of the lights on the front panel.

br001.jpg
You're not thinking of articulating that bellows part, right? :p

Mine is still in HK as well.
Last 3 shipment from KG are all nothing but trouble. (FF7 Sephiroth, Cloud with Bike and this)
Other items from other sellers in HK had no problem and they all got delivered on reasonable time.
I'm amazed at the difference. My 2 orders from KGhobby dispatched quickly when available. Maybe the region the shipping goes to is a factor?

I'm amazed at the difference. My 2 orders from KGhobby dispatched quickly when available. Maybe the region the shipping goes to is a factor?
Maybe? When was your 2 orders shipped out? All KG shipping trouble started around late December 2021.
It's holiday season, so I get that. but I'm comparing with other sellers from HK. so no excuse there.

br002.jpg

br003.jpg

br001.jpg
Astonishing, can't wait to see everything finished.

The collar looks much better now. Did you sew it on? glue it on? Can't tell from the picture.
What's you plan for the Shirts collar?
Thanks, everyone!

I used Fabri-Tac for it, cut the material as precisely as I could and undid the stitching so it could go underneath the lining.
It has the edge framing around ridged piece, it's very narrow but to scale like the real one, so had to be applied carefully and slowly.

I'm still not sure how I'll tackle shifting the collar pattern down closer to the edge... I don't want to restitch it all. I'm hoping it can be reasonably easily taken off but will experiment on a part that doesn't show first. Planning on using Fabri-Tac for it if I can.

Last edited:
For your convenience, comparison between Dark Toys blaster and the Super Mad Toys blaster. Persoannly, I prefer the SMT blaster, but the DT blaster is definately not bad.

Attachments

• Blade Runner Blaster-1.jpg
    Blade Runner Blaster-1.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Blade Runner Blaster-2.jpg
    Blade Runner Blaster-2.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Blade Runner Blaster-3.jpg
    Blade Runner Blaster-3.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Blade Runner Blaster-4.jpg
    Blade Runner Blaster-4.jpg