Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for the tips ^ . Kaustic PlastiK, I recognise that name; didn't know they were from Italy.

I remember there was a talented guy from Brussels, I just can't remember his name... .

Thx for the tips ^ . Kaustic PlastiK, I recognise that name; didn't know they were from Italy.

I remember there was a talented guy from Brussels, I just can't remember his name... .
Could be Sebastian Bontemps? He went by Elvis1976, but I haven't seen him posting for years. He was quite the talented custom artist.

High praise for the sculpt. As I recall, Inigo had a pretty good stern expression for Deckard, no?
The expression was fine. The head was just a bit too narrow and old looking for my taste. Although from an angle it kinda worked okay.

C26oF-2UcAAH9JI_1.jpeg

20190407_175003 (3)_11.jpg

I have your Deckard pics, davejames... really love your pics and poses as you know.

That's a smashing Deckard... don't see the need to replace personally... but maybe more clear in hand what the issue is.

I still have this custom head, which I bought so long ago, I don't recall from whom I bought it. Seriously, must be more than 10 years ago. I thought it was an outstanding likeness, and I still do. It came with waterslide decal eyes. Unfortunately never going to get it painted I think. Who could do such a job? I think what stops me, is that I live in EU and don't want to ship the head to the other side of the globe.

That's the Buddy Lee sculpt from 2011 you have there.

I can’t really tell but it looks like the dark toys head has been shrunken on both sides and the neck is also very narrow.

Hope to see better in hand pics.

I still have this custom head, which I bought so long ago, I don't recall from whom I bought it. Seriously, must be more than 10 years ago. I thought it was an outstanding likeness, and I still do. It came with waterslide decal eyes. Unfortunately never going to get it painted I think. Who could do such a job? I think what stops me, is that I live in EU and don't want to ship the head to the other side of the globe.
Mark Simpson in the UK is a fantastic painter.

Deckard has arrived home (and ED209 with cracked dome at a great price), will check it this afternoon, post pics if they are worthy (just have my phone)
Will definitly rework the neck if too thin, base body looks like a HT ko will probably just add a padding suit, less plasticky hands, water treatment, rework the collar pattern if possible (definitly glue it to avoid having it all over the place) and cut the inner extra fabric of the clothes to fit better.
Will get the head repainted if i can.

Last edited:
Darren Carnall is in the UK, he has a Patreon account and is on FB.

I can’t really tell but it looks like the dark toys head has been shrunken on both sides and the neck is also very narrow.

Hope to see better in hand pics.
If it's hollow vinyl then that could be fixed with a hair dryer. Heat the head, squish it till it looks right and cool it under a cold tap.

Checked my Deckard, was expecting to be a bit disappointed but no he's very good.
It's basically everything that has been said , the heads are great and repaints will make them perfect.
The tailoring is very good, too bad about the collar pattern error.
He might be a bit short for me so I will maybe add extenders, or change the body (Wich is a good stiff HT ko).
Will see if I rework the neck to make him a bit lower...
Don't care for the accessories but they look good.
The gun is better than I expected but will probably repaint it black completely save for the handle.
Oh one nice detail the shirt button are magnetized save for the collar one that seems stiched. The jacket button hole is closed on mine.
Overall very very happy

Back