Dark Reign (Spoilers)...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW - Anyone notice Ronin on the New Avengers' side?

My thoughts - Ronin is Clint Barton (the real Hawkeye)...Osborn's Hawkeye IS BULLSEYE. Who else is as much of a sharpshooter as Hawkeye?

Nevermind...Scar already said it all.

Who is the old-school Ms.Marvel and flying guy behind her?

All I know is that the female Loki is smokin' hot!

But I do hope that Dark Reign is handled better than Secret Invasion; which overall left me unimpressed after such a build up. Other than the Black Panther stories I was unmoved by most titles.

Agreed, Clint is Ronin and the new Hawkeye is probably Bullseye. Bullseye's involvement is part of Norman's plan that is apparently really going to drive our heroes up a wall, and what better way than to dress some of the biggest sociopaths in the Marvel U in the garb of heroes? Bullseye as Hawkeye would certainly do it, and I can't wait if it means we're going to have Bullseye running rampant in public on a regular basis!

The female Loki is pleasantly attractive... except in the Dark Reign one-shot where she looks a little... weird. Like "creepy school teacher who secretly fondles her students when no one is looking" kind of weird... but that is the only place where she looks like that... and were Namor is drawn like a pederast who just got out on probabtion. Like I said, I wasn't a big fan of the art in the one-shot, but the story is outstanding; excellent writing, dialogue, and it sets you up perfectly for what is sure to be one of the most earth-shattering shake-ups we've seen in a while.

TBOLTS128_cov_col.jpg

SWEET! That Goblin looks very much like Sideshows' PF.

yep, I agree too..has the same crazy teeths.

I see the similarity with the teeth, but that's about it. I've never been nuts about the SS Goblin PF. Maybe I need to see it in person, but the pics never blew me away and I wasn't crazy about the representation of the character, unlike the LSB which is spot-on, in my opinion.

I see the similarity with the teeth, but that's about it. I've never been nuts about the SS Goblin PF. Maybe I need to see it in person, but the pics never blew me away and I wasn't crazy about the representation of the character, unlike the LSB which is spot-on, in my opinion.

The LSB looks just like the PF. Well, except for a few little details.

The LSB looks just like the PF. Well, except for a few little details.

The face is an entirely different expression. The PF seems more than a bit diminutive, in the pics that I've seen. The manic expression of pure, unfettered, sadistic glee on the LSB envisages the Goblin. While I like the sinister grin on the PF, I feel the eyes are a bit too disproportionately large for the body, which I think Matt Mattina hit on, since he made them more proportionate to what's been seen in the comics on his covers.

Anyone else starting to wonder whether or not there is a connection between these two?
He_is_Iron_Patriot_by_wolf11747.jpg

186443-120545-luke-cage_super.jpg

Cage has signed with Osborn privately, but publicly still claims to be one of the New Avengers. With the Iron Patriot destined to be a power player and a big focal point in the events to come, why wouldn't Norman place Cage, the man partially responsible for publicly exposing him as the Green Goblin, in such an ideal position to embarrass and discredit the world's heroes. He has effectively enthralled one of the most stalwart Marvel heroes under promise to find Cage's daughter. Norman did tell Cage that he would find his child... he never said anything about returning her.

The female Loki is pleasantly attractive... except in the Dark Reign one-shot where she looks a little... weird. Like "creepy school teacher who secretly fondles her students when no one is looking" kind of weird...

If my school teachers looked like that they could fondle me anytime. :lol

I like the Norman power play but am disappointed by the stealing of Cage's kid. Norman already stole Peter and MJ's kid and that whole drama it just feels rehashed.

I like the Norman power play but am disappointed by the stealing of Cage's kid. Norman already stole Peter and MJ's kid and that whole drama it just feels rehashed.

True, in the MC2 Universe, he kidnapped Mayday Parker, and in the 616 continuity he kidnapped Aunt May and his grandson Normie... as well as MJ on several occasions and, well, Gwen... among many others. Kidnapping is a big theme for him. Have to respect that, the man knows how to gain leverage. This time, however, I'm not so sure we can be certain the child will live. That doubtlessly would amp up Norman's already impressive "awful son of a ^^^^^" scale. There's an air of menace about that scene where Norman is leering across the desk at Cage while Venom and Bullseye gaze, smirking, over his shoulders. Here we have Luke Cage entrusting the life of his infant daughter in the hands of arguably the three biggest sadists in the Marvel U, all of whom seem quite happy to be staring him down from their side of the table. My bet is that they will most certainly find and kill Skrull Jarvis, but whether or not Cage's daughter stays safe remains to be seen.

Oh, and I'm with ya Mike, I wouldn't have minded being felt up by the female Loki in Economics class. :monkey5

May Parker also existed in the primary Earth-616 timeline. Mary Jane became pregnant at the beginning of the Clone Saga. Impending fatherhood was one of the main reasons Peter retired as Spider-Man during that storyline, passing the mantle to Ben Reilly. However, at the end of the story, Mary Jane was poisoned by Alison Mongraine, an agent of the Green Goblin, and the baby was stillborn (or seemed to be, as Mongraine took the sedated infant away with her). In Marvel Knights Spider-Man issue #09 Mac Gargan while speaking of Norman Osborn states "He kills your unborn child, you kill his son". To date this is the most conclusive evidence of the infant's fate. So he killed it then kidnapped it because Mongraine takes the stillborn as well.

Oh and I'd kill for a comiquette of this:
darkavengers1jj3.jpg

I don't care who is under there.

May Parker also existed in the primary Earth-616 timeline. Mary Jane became pregnant at the beginning of the Clone Saga. Impending fatherhood was one of the main reasons Peter retired as Spider-Man during that storyline, passing the mantle to Ben Reilly. However, at the end of the story, Mary Jane was poisoned by Alison Mongraine, an agent of the Green Goblin, and the baby was stillborn (or seemed to be, as Mongraine took the sedated infant away with her). In Marvel Knights Spider-Man issue #09 Mac Gargan while speaking of Norman Osborn states "He kills your unborn child, you kill his son". To date this is the most conclusive evidence of the infant's fate. So he killed it then kidnapped it because Mongraine takes the stillborn as well.

Yep, and Marvel reps have been stating for years that baby May is either dead or won't be seen again. Mongraine was the one who was involved in the kidnap in MC2 also. She poisoned MJ in 616, and caused the capture of the premature infant. It's been left somewhat ambiguous as to what the ultimate fate of the infant May was (again, though we seem unlikely to find out), and then there was the "May is still alive line" which we know only revealed Norman held Aunt May in captivity... but then again Mongraine developed a connection to the child. The individual in that one enigmatic phone call could well have been May, but it looks as if we'll never know (though we have seen before how years later, comic writers like to revisit old story lines, so who is to say this will never be resolved). Gargan states the child is dead, but even if he believes that, Gargan wasn't exactly kept in Norman's complete confidence. I'd say, considering Norman's sadism and vanity, that he likely would like to dangle that particularly malicious victory as a badge of honor before other villains and Parker as well. Better to be sure the child is out of the way and to cinch up all loose ends, which is why Mongraine is no longer on the scene thanks to Norman's prescience.

My opinion? Norman's agents found Mongraine and killed her (though some may argue we didn't see her ultimate fate), I don't think it would have been difficult for him to find an unprotected child and execute her in like fashion. It's certainly not beyond him, but it's still too ambiguous. I think that is a large part of the situation with Cage, that we know it's not beyond Norman to strike at the young and the weak. This time I doubt he'd contract it out to a sinister though maternal third party, when he could have Bullseye and Venom dispatch the child and dispose of the body, fettering Cage into servitude for the long haul. Could be, considering one of Bullseye's fondest memories prior to being apprehended was when he impaled a father and son using the son's popsicle stick. It's not beyond these guys to kill kids to get what they want... or even just for kicks. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Regardless of who is in the Iron Patriot armor, I'd like to see a comiquette as well. :rock

I'm loving the look of the Dark Avengers...I may have to start reading comics again.

darkavengerskv7.jpg

I'm loving the look of the Dark Avengers...I may have to start reading comics again.

darkavengerskv7.jpg

:eek Wow. That looks AWESOME. I can't wait for January 21st. Between this and Thunderbolts, I'm really excited to see which characters will be taking their places at the forefront of the action.

Back