Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chris can you put me down for a Joker stern? From the thread I see Kuato is waiting for some sculpts to start painting, is it possible to hold my sculpt until I see what he can do with them? Also, discount still applies correct?
Sure! You're on.

I'll be extending the discount a few days longer for anyone who wants to get in. I just had to divert my energy for a short time to working on an emergency prototype job for a very, very large company, so Licky Joker will take a couple of days longer than I had hoped. The up side is that the discount is open for a few stragglers a little longer!

Sure! You're on.

I'll be extending the discount a few days longer for anyone who wants to get in. I just had to divert my energy for a short time to working on an emergency prototype job for a very, very large company, so Licky Joker will take a couple of days longer than I had hoped. The up side is that the discount is open for a few stragglers a little longer!

Oh didn't realize you were already sending the stern Joker heads to be painted. I need to see the licky Joker before deciding which one I want. :D

Hi Chris, if we're already signed up for the stern look Joker, will it be possible to switch to the licky Joker if we like that sculpt more when we see it? thx

THEY ARE HERE IN MY HANDS AT LAST!! and couldn't come at better time, I finished all previous commissions so its on now! I'm sure you guys can guess who I'll be doing first. I forgot to mention THESE SCULPTS ROCK IN PERSON!!

Hi Chris, your list on the first page shows that some people are requesting modified necks, what exactly is the modification? Are they different necks all together (wrinkles, adam's apple etc.) or mods for different bodies? I just ordered a nude truetype would that require a mod?

Hi Chris, your list on the first page shows that some people are requesting modified necks, what exactly is the modification? Are they different necks all together (wrinkles, adam's apple etc.) or mods for different bodies? I just ordered a nude truetype would that require a mod?

It's modifying for the neck joint of a particular body. Almost everyone seems to be using the Hot Toys Truetype like yours, so I've made sure it will fit the small neck joint for that body best. If you want to drill your own neck to fit you can, but if you want me to take care of it for you I'm charging the nominal fee of 5 bucks!

Alright! finished up with this art piece here are some pics, sorry for the bad body shots, i just wanted to show how great it looks on the HT body and clothes
Picture_1571_2_.jpg

Picture_1573.jpg

Picture_1582.jpg

Picture_1581.jpg

Picture_1583.jpg

Picture_1584.jpg

Wow, that's quite impressive, paint and sculpt, you both did a nice job with this head.

That is awesome! Looks really good Kuato. Brings out the great likeness in the sculpt. Wasnt really planning on getting one of the Joker heads but now Im really tempted. Really great work to both of you on the sculpt and paint.

Alright! finished up with this art piece here are some pics, sorry for the bad body shots, i just wanted to show how great it looks on the HT body and clothes

Well, well, well..... You really brought my little sociopath to life!! Thank you, Kuato!:banana:banana:banana

Can't wait to see Licky Joker painted... of course, gotta get him done first!

Thank you guys I love this sculpt I gotta take some better pics to really show how good it is hehe here is a close up of one of the above
Picture_1583_2_.jpg

and a pic i played around with
Picture_1591.jpg

and a fixed pic
Picture_15811.jpg

Wonderful job you guys. These are truly keepers. Eager to see that licky version now.

Great job Kuato! Just two minor nits from me as usual.

The red is just a bit too dark. It should be lighter just a bit. But in the nurse scene, it is almost pink, but the mob boss scene is a bright true red. Again, a minor issue there.

The second is the black around the eyes is just a little too big (and dark depending on which scene). I'm guessing this is the Mob Boss look? If so, colorwise, it is great. Here is a great pic showing what I'm trying to say:

20tjlt2.jpg

But if my only nits are a slightly dark color red and slighly too much black, I'd say you are 99% there :rock

I agree on those nitpicky points. Less black around the eyes, while keeping an "angry" angle at the brows. Also, if you flatten out the arches of the upper lip (i.e. get rid of the red at the very tops), you'll get more of the "overbite" that Ledger does. Those minor changes will make a significant difference. I don't have photoshop on this computer, but the screenshot Buttmunch posted and your high contrast pic illustrate these points. Great job overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back