Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now I'm utterly confounded on which 2 heads to specify...nice problem to have, and I guess I can always spring for the third head separately.

Before we get too used to saying "lip-licking" version, I'd like to point out that he's not licking his lips. He's wetting his mouth by tracing his tongue around the insides of his mouth, in the manner of someone cleaning food from the sides of their teeth. I've wondered if Ledger was thinking about the damage the Joker's injury would do his salivary system, and simply playing him as unapologetic about what he needed to do as a result, however horrifying it might look...anyway, he seems to be fighting dry-mouth. I'm very intrigued to see how you approach this.

Yeah, it's evolving more quickly than I had expected! Everything should be set in stone now. Check out my first post in this thread. I've changed it to reflect how things stand now.

Please, everyone check where you are on the lists to make sure I have your orders right!! Just let me know if anything needs to change.

Thanks!

Hi Chris, can you change my option to the two Joker heads now. I've been Jokerized, and I need more Jokers to put a smile on my face!

Well, now I'm utterly confounded on which 2 heads to specify...nice problem to have, and I guess I can always spring for the third head separately.

Before we get too used to saying "lip-licking" version, I'd like to point out that he's not licking his lips. He's wetting his mouth by tracing his tongue around the insides of his mouth, in the manner of someone cleaning food from the sides of their teeth. I've wondered if Ledger was thinking about the damage the Joker's injury would do his salivary system, and simply playing him as unapologetic about what he needed to do as a result, however horrifying it might look...anyway, he seems to be fighting dry-mouth. I'm very intrigued to see how you approach this.

I just had jaw surgery and I find myself doing the same thing, obviously not as creepy (I hope) but I do do that.

Somehow "dry mouth" version doesn't seem to capture the creepy feel. Sounds like he needs to go down to Walgreens or CVS and get something for that.

How about "licky" version? Hmmmm.....

Just let me know what you decide.... you can always change it later!

I just had jaw surgery and I find myself doing the same thing, obviously not as creepy (I hope) but I do do that.

Just forgo the streaky clown makeup and you should be fine.

About the concept art you posted earlier, looks like Leatherface! Almost zombie like.

If you can drum up enough interest, say 10 or 15 folks willing to put down $25.00 or so I'd be happy to add it to my lineup.

I was really hoping there would be interest in the Conrad Veidt "Man who Laughs" image. I'd love to sculpt him, too.

Sorry to bother you again, but can I also get both joker heads painted as well? I already paid for the shipping, would I have to pay again to the other Chris? Thanks!

No need to pay shipping again like Chris said, he'll just pass it along, Just make payment of $40 USD in that case to [email protected] for two painted Jokers.

Chris

As many here know, I am doing a set of my own Joker heads, due out in late August, most of which are paid for already, but if any of you give me the shot at it, I too can paint up some of these by Chris also for whoever doesn't get Kuato to do so.
Just an offer.

Can't wait to see them Chris. Especially this most discussed licking one. Sounds too cool! Very interested to see these.

Oops, looks like I posted before I knew all my options! Put me down for a Bale head and a Licking Joker set, with painting by Kuato. Geez! So I need to Paypal you 35 for the heads and Kuato 45, right? Thanks again and sorry for the confusion!

Just forgo the streaky clown makeup and you should be fine.

About the concept art you posted earlier, looks like Leatherface! Almost zombie like.

If you can drum up enough interest, say 10 or 15 folks willing to put down $25.00 or so I'd be happy to add it to my lineup.

I was really hoping there would be interest in the Conrad Veidt "Man who Laughs" image. I'd love to sculpt him, too.

I'd be down for both of them! Why don't you start up a thread asking about interest. I'm sure you'll have enough interest in Conrad Veidt, but I may be one of the only ones crazy enough to want that concept Joker.

And so far, no clown make up :lol

Are you kidding!!?!?!? A smiling Conrad Veidt!?!?! Count me in! FOR SURE! I have dreamed of one of those! If it is pretty much on! :rock

Are you kidding!!?!?!? A smiling Conrad Veidt!?!?! Count me in! FOR SURE! I have dreamed of one of those! If it is pretty much on! :rock

I figured you would be. Your 1939 Joker is heavily inspired by Conrad Veidt isn't it?

So thats Two for Conrad! :D

Chris I think you better start that other thread. I would but I don't want to step on your toes. Plus a thread started by you would get more attention anyway.

As many here know, I am doing a set of my own Joker heads, due out in late August, most of which are paid for already, but if any of you give me the shot at it, I too can paint up some of these by Chris also for whoever doesn't get Kuato to do so.
Just an offer.

Can't wait to see them Chris. Especially this most discussed licking one. Sounds too cool! Very interested to see these.

Welcome aboard Les. Just got your email a few minutes ago. I was gonna post your offer but you beat me to it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the various different interpretations of the makeup. Should be really interesting. I trust you and Kuato are going to come up with some killer paint.

And anyone else who paints theirs up, please share the results. I like to see how my heads end up!

Now I've just got to sculpt them........:horror

Oops, looks like I posted before I knew all my options! Put me down for a Bale head and a Licking Joker set, with painting by Kuato. Geez! So I need to Paypal you 35 for the heads and Kuato 45, right? Thanks again and sorry for the confusion!

Yeah, it evolved so quickly! Sorry for any confusion.

I'll put you in the appropriate list, and yes $35.00 to me for the heads, $45.00 to Kuato for the paint work.

I figured you would be. Your 1939 Joker is heavily inspired by Conrad Veidt isn't it?

So thats Two for Conrad! :D

Chris I think you better start that other thread. I would but I don't want to step on your toes. Plus a thread started by you would get more attention anyway.

Tell you what, Let me get these sculpts going and then I'll see about a new thread for Conrad Veidt. I'm thinking about doing a Michael Caine/Alfred, too but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back