CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys think it's pretty good. I'll watch the first show online before I watch it weekly. :)

I liked it. I'm glad to see Green Arrow isn't above killing some scum that need it. :clap

Also guessing theres alot to the island besides him becoming best friends with a Ball he makes a face on. :lol

Overall, I enjoyed. It kept my interest from beginning to end. And the fact that it precedes Supernatural probably means I'll stay hooked every week.

It's a lot darker than I expected, and surprisingly, refreshing. Aside from Smallville, I don't know much about the character so I can't comment on how true the origin is to the comics, but it was entertaining.

I'm looking forward to next week.

Ratings were good.

The CW’s Arrow had an abs-olutely impressive debut on Wednesday night, delivering 4.02 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating — the network’s most watched episode of anything in three years and its highest rated drama bow since Nikita in 2010. (Last year, Ringer did 2.7 mil/1.2 while Hart of Dixie opened to 1.8 mil/0.7.)

Leading out of Arrow, Supernatural did 2.6 mil/1.0, up 37 and 25 percent from its premiere. Nice.

Ratings were good.

To add to that:

From Superherohype.com:...it drew 4.02 million viewers, the most watched telecast on the network of any show, on any night, in three years (11/12/2009).

That's pretty impressive. Hopefully, ratings stay up throughout the season. I'd hate to see it turn into a 'one season and done' series.

I've got this in my DVR to watch. Going to try and watch tonight. Good to hear the decent reviews and respectable ratings! :yess:

It's definitely worth a go. It's refreshing. I miss Smallville, and although this is already a lot grittier and darker, it helps fill that weekly 'void.' There's not too much that I care to watch religiously on television nowadays. Supernatural is about it, so this is a welcomed addition in my book.

I'm already sold. This guy is so bad he could grow up and be Batman. Bring on next week's episode.

Watching it online right now. I'm enjoying it so much! I love that they reference LOST at the beginning. :lol :lol

It's definitely worth a go. It's refreshing. I miss Smallville, and although this is already a lot grittier and darker, it helps fill that weekly 'void.' There's not too much that I care to watch religiously on television nowadays. Supernatural is about it, so this is a welcomed addition in my book.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: I love the fact that this is on before Supernatural on Wednesday nights; reminds me of the good ol' days. As for the show, I loved it. I'm curious, though, about the mask being in a flashback.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: I love the fact that this is on before Supernatural on Wednesday nights; reminds me of the good ol' days. As for the show, I loved it. I'm curious, though, about the mask being in a flashback.
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's what I was wondering too. I don't know enough about Green Arrow, so I can't quote any showdown references of the two on the island. I was just happy that I could identify the significance of the mask. :lol I'm really looking forward to the story behind it all though.

I'm wondering if Deathstroke wasn't Oliver's teacher on the island. The island was obviously not just some place he "survived" for 5 years, he left when he was "ready". He also gained alot of knowledge as they gave clues to as the show went along with his various newly acquired skills.

I liked it so far I just hope it doesn't become too formulaic and boring. Anyone got a 'Revenge' vibe from the journal and crossing of names?

I like the actor and the fact that the followed GA Year One a bit (great book btw). I like that he has no qualms about killing people.

I'm afraid the writing and directing is going to not be great after a few eps..

Finished watching the pilot and really liked it! Yeah, there was some cheesy dialog and some characters that fell kind of flat, but overall it shows lots of promise. I am interested in finding out more about what happened on the island and his father's connection to it. I like the gritty/"realistic" tone to the show. I'll be sticking around for more. :yess:
Katie Cassidy...rawrrrrr! :naughty

Back