Custom Stealth Iron Man Bust Progress...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is looking amazing! I may have to invest in getting a Stealth Iron Man Bust to have this done as well (if you ever do a run....) Excellent work!!!

Update 8-26:

In the process of color sanding the bust, evening the blue and re-painting the shoulder plates. Really tring to get it nice and smooth before I spray the Future acylic as a sealer/gloss coat. Next comes the mask...

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_12.jpg

;)

I can't wait to see the tape off the face and see the contrast of the face with the new colour armour!!! When is the gloss/glaze happing? I want to book a front row seat!:rotfl

Update 8-31:

It's been too humid to paint so it's a perfect time to take care of something I was going to wait to do.
If I waited till the whole bust was painted I figured I'd end up damaging the work I did.
On to pinning the shoulder plates.

Used Dremmel to cut threaded bolts to length and 5 min. epoxy holds them to shoulder plates:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_13.jpg

CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY drilled out bust:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_13.5.jpg

Perfect fit to be glued when it's all painted:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_14.jpg

BTW... I stripped the shoulder plates due to some horrible test results I had with Tamiya clear.
:mad:

Start of a long weekend and I plan on getting close to done by Tuesday.
:cool:

Update 9-3:

The scorching heat in LA caused my compressor to die on Saturday.
:(

I Got a replacement compressor since I had a warranty and was able to put in a little work on the the chest light.

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_15.jpg

With a couple of coats of red...

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_15.5.jpg

After doing some tests with Future acrylic floor treatment I decided to run with it and although I would have liked to use an automotive clear coat, I'm just not set up to work with urethanes or lacquer based paint right now.

First two coats of Future:

Stealth_IM_Bust_Prog_16.jpg

I will be sanding the imperfections all over the bust and shoulder plates all week.
After some brush touch ups here and there, a few more light coats of clear will wrap this up.

Oh yeah... need to do the mask too.

:cool:

Back