Custom GERMAN MECHANIC Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this german Mechanic! Looks great / more real life than the other cartoonish version (which I still like) Looks great standing next to your hot toys Indy man! Can't wait! Now build a 1:6 airplane , and a 1:6 gasoline truck!!! :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

As much as HT has raised the bar, I still enjoy building customs and sorting out the outfit parts. It feels really good when it all comes together.... even if its not "HT perfect".

You gave the head a "shave" - let's see it closer. That must have been quite a job!

Before-Aftershave.jpg

Just needs some touch-up paint and blood.

I also "pinned" the ears so he didn't look like Goonies' Sloth.

Before-Afterearpinning.jpg

So guys, can I use nail polish remover with acetone? Or do I need to get just pure acetone to remove the tattoos? Not an expert and I don't dare want to risk screwing up this Barney body.

Thanks for any help!

I would be afraid to use acetone on the rubber body as it may damage the softer rubber body... I would test it on a small small part initially..

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

As much as HT has raised the bar, I still enjoy building customs and sorting out the outfit parts. It feels really good when it all comes together.... even if its not "HT perfect".

Before-Aftershave.jpg

Just needs some touch-up paint and blood.

I also "pinned" the ears so he didn't look like Goonies' Sloth.

Before-Afterearpinning.jpg

I love how the shaved part looks like he was actually shaved! I think with a built-up mo' and more blood, he's going to look great.

Ski and Elvis have been doing it since that body came out, Greg... PM one of them.

Looks sweet, BTW!

Thanks!

I did contact Elvis and he explained what to do.... HOWEVER... I'm having a helluva time removing these bloody tattoos...

Here's a BEFORE......................................and AFTER many wipings:

Before-Aftertattoo1.jpg

The chest comes off a bit easier but here's another before-and-after much scraping -- still can't get the stain off...

Before-Aftertattoo2.jpg

The tattoo stuff is gummy and needs to be really soaked and then scraped off with my finger nail. Only works on the chest where its soft. The hard shoulder just smears into a green color. This is hardly a simple soak-and-wipe.

Now I must be doing it wrong!

So what's the trick? Do I need to buy a gallon of this stuff and literally throw the figure in it and let soak for a few minutes? Because it's not working with a cotton swab and acetone nail polish remover.

Last edited:
Well here's a warning: never bother with nail polish removal!

I got some proper acetone from my local hardware store and, just as Elvis said, it came off clean in like 30 seconds with minimal wiping. As easy as wiping a chalk board.

Before-Aftercomp4thofJuly.jpg

Thanks, Elvis! :wave

Well here's a warning: never bother with nail polish removal!

I got some proper acetone from my local hardware store and, just as Elvis said, it came off clean in like 30 seconds with minimal wiping. As easy as wiping a chalk board.

Before-Aftercomp4thofJuly.jpg

Thanks, Elvis! :wave

Wow - thank goodness you figured that out and it looks amazing! Now on to that mo'!

I know, gotta fix the 'stache... meantime, here's what he looks like all neat and clean...

TestDress2.jpg
TestDress1.jpg

Can't wait to get him dirtied up and bloody...

TestDress3.jpg
TestDress4.jpg

Gotta figure out a way to slim down my Indy, he looks so wide and bulky with that little head.

Might have to redo the blood on the pics above now that I see them so huge. Blood around the nose is not quite there, looks like Indian warpaint.

BEHIND THE SCENES:

"Suntanned" the body... before - after below and half+half on the back...

Before-Aftersuntan7-7-12.jpg
haif-halfsuntan.jpg

Here's the face before... after...

moustache.jpg
bloodyheadbody.jpg

I bet you're having fun with this man! It looks beyond awesome! Love where this is going!!!!! You have to pose them both (Indy and him as if they are having a fist fight) !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's just the two of us in here. :lol

I am having fun! First figure in a long time I've been able to actually complete (even though this has been a year long project :wink1:)

Two more, just because I like the lighting...

FinalGerman1.jpg
FinalGerman2.jpg

Now if I could just get a wing with a working, spinning prop!

Last edited:
Amazing. You nailed that mo'. Incredible work. That head was a great find, but the mods you did were actually pretty significant. Getting rid of that goatee and making it all look good would have been tough.

Let's see a little match up with Indy!

Back