Custom figure bases, cases and dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or better yet:

040307endor01.jpg

i got ya, depends on how big and complicated you want to go, that'll cost more obviously as it's a lot more work.
not exactly the same thing but here's a similar thing i did recently, ignore the joker, he was the nearest figure when i was taking pics,
snowbasefull.jpg

snowbaseclose.jpg

i'll PM you jimmyjones to talk about it more.

Oooooooh. This has taken my fancy! I'm after a base for my D. Craig Bond figure. And since i'm in England as well...Look out for a PM mate.

Oooooooh. This has taken my fancy! I'm after a base for my D. Craig Bond figure. And since i'm in England as well...Look out for a PM mate.

aboslutely, that would be cool. no idea what you're thinking but maybe a nice 007 logo would work well, or the quantum of solace logo.
let me know what you're thinking, rough size and shape of base and we'll take it from there!

Sounds great mate. Wouldn't want it too specific to either of Craig's films as my figure represents both :lol

Very quick photoshop attempt here. As you say just a nice silver Bond logo on a black base would look cool but I tried to go for something like the joker base you did. It looks cool and I imagine it sets any figure off which is stood on it.

1orfnt.jpg

Very quick as I said, mate! But, with Bond in a black tuxedo, I bet the light grey colour of the base against the black would look great. Look forward to speaking to you more about it anyway, i'll pm you now.

working on a few bases for myself and others. here are a batch of indy ones i did for someone,
indybases1.jpg

indybases2.jpg

thanks. that would be the only draw back really, that if the figures didn't stand up well on their own these bases wouldn't be the best.

Yeah and with my luck mine would be all over the place. But man do they look sweet !!!!

And I love the enviroment you posted as well.

still messing around and trying new things out.
unfinished larger joker street corner base next to original. bigger so works better i think as not so cramped, also going for a grittier more realistic (i think/hope) color scheme on the corner itself.
comparingstreetcornersizes.jpg

also trying a few generic environment type bases, this is just a wooded, forest type one. didn't really think about it too well so it's a bit random and didn't take things into consideration i should have. could have looked worse though,
basefigure.jpg

closer look,
baseclose.jpg

still messing about here, made it up as i went along so it's pretty randomly put together. all i knew is i wanted a cobbled street type look that was damaged. a WW2 themed base if anything. during making the base for the figure to stand on i thought it would look better maybe if it had a backing piece, which is why the 2 dont go together.

the base,
cobblebase.jpg

the back piece,
streetback.jpg

together and with a figure for reference,
cobblebaseandbackfigure.jpg

i think it could work if i planned it out better now i know roughly how it could look.

original piece on right i did to test materials. lucky i did as it was a bit of a failure,
cobblebaseandbacktests.jpg

still messing around and trying new things out.
unfinished larger joker street corner base next to original. bigger so works better i think as not so cramped, also going for a grittier more realistic (i think/hope) color scheme on the corner itself.
comparingstreetcornersizes.jpg

also trying a few generic environment type bases, this is just a wooded, forest type one. didn't really think about it too well so it's a bit random and didn't take things into consideration i should have. could have looked worse though,
basefigure.jpg

closer look,
baseclose.jpg

Maybe given all the size isses we talked about... we'll have to go this route x3 Kris, what do you think?

finished a street corner joker base for someone. i'm quite happy with the way it turned out over my original, i think the paint works better and the size certainly helps. not that i'd want to do it much bigger though. i'd maybe tweak it if i had to do it again. speaking of which i'll start on another one soon, if anyone wants it it'll be $50 or the equivilant of, without the street lamp, that'll be extra,
cornerv2joker.jpg

cornerv2joker1.jpg

That looks awesome. If I had that figure I would be all over it !!!!

Though it may work for my Prison Break figure.... Hmmmmm...

great work as always though for sure.

thanks, appreciate your kind words as always. i dont get the prison break thing since i've not seen too much of it but if it works i'll take it!
prison break dio/base it is!

Great work Kris! It definitely deserves more attention on here man! The new bank robber base is mega!

Great work Kris! It definitely deserves more attention on here man! The new bank robber base is mega!

thank you kindly sir, appreciate it. hardly high art but it keeps me busy and off the streets, so to speak.

thanks.

i'm getting a bit carried away and am starting too many things i think and not good at planning ahead and seeing how it will look and work before i do it.

got a hasbro 1/6th star wars speeder bike i'm taking apart, painting and maybe tweaking a bit.

started some more environment bases but trying to have a bit of a story to them instead of just a generic soil/grass type look. nothing complicated, i hope, just trying to give them a bit of meaning.

trying to develop an idea from above with the cobblesteone type base and backdrop from above. this time i have a solid base and backdrop which i can then work over.
not developed the idea properly but this could be used as a logo and poster type backdrop which is also developing the logo bases i've done previously.

pics below so hopefully it'll make a but more sense.

2 new environment bases, the simple wood base with foam shapes to build upon,
basesrough.jpg

Back