Custom figure bases, cases and dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kj23

Super Freak
Reaction score
Edit, recent bases and stands i have done for myself and others,
basecollagesmall.jpg

Have some time off coming up so back on these to give myself something to do. Thought i could maybe sell a few of these if anyone is interested.

I originally did fancier and slightly complicated full cases for my figures here, https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64778

I'm now going to do some simpler, smaller but hopefully nice looking and along similar lines as my original bases. I'm aiming for a base for mainly 12" figures but they could work with larger or smaller figures.
It's mainly what i like so a solid color with a logo on and possibly a name plate with whatever on it. Examples or things to follow at end of post or in following ones.
They can have a logo on the top and surrounded by a solid color or maybe a design can fill the top like on the Joker base i did.
I bought a selection of bases, all various sizes and shapes, some would work better with certain things than others.

Selection of bases i bought with a hot toys iron man figure for reference, i put him on the smallest one for scale purposes,
2.jpg

my original bases, there are much larger though and have a diameter of about 20cm at the smallest point, as in where the figure stood,
basesdone.jpg

the joker bases where it was a solid design covering all the surface,
jokerbase.jpg

examples of name plates i did, they can say anything obviously as long as it fits in,

finishedname1.jpg

example of name plate with new, small base,
test1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom figure baes, cases and dioramas

some examples of designs i did for ideas of bases,
alienbaseothersmall.jpg

hellboybasesmall.jpg

i generally like a logo against a solid black color but for something like this i think the entrire base painted a solid yellow in keeping with the watchmen logo so it blends in,
watchmenbasesmall.jpg

the above designs are circular but they dont have to be, i just did them initially for my full cases. they'd be smaller too but would scale down no trouble.
I could do plain wood, circles, squares or rectangles. The ones in my first post are a bit fancier with a decorative edge. Sizes and shapes are pretty flexible too as can be seen.
I was thinking $15-20(US)/£10-15 for each one, that would include me doing all the work obviously, a personalised name plate, if wanted and the design for the base although if it's too complicated it may not be worth my while. Dont really want to spend 3 hours designing new logos for Star Trek or whatever. I can use whatever existing logos, posters, designs or whatever i can grab from the internet. Postage would be extra obviously, shouldn't be too much as the wood isn't too heavy and i'm happy to ship worldwide.

Any questions, suggestions or whatever please ask. I dont have any new bases to show yet as not done any since my initial batch but i'll do a few to show in case it's not clear what i'm thinking.

Also, i'll be putting a nice green baize on the bottom to stop scratching and to class them up a bit, like this,
baize.jpg

Great stuff. The Alien design look very cool although that looks like the Alien Resurrection font.

Great stuff. The Alien design look very cool although that looks like the Alien Resurrection font.

i really wouldn't know which font it was. i'm not an expert and it wouldn't bother me too much although some people obviously it needs to be right. i just knocked it up when i had the chance.

Nice work for sure. You selling these ?

thanks. yeah, i'm planning on doing them to order if people were interested. someone has already gotten in touch and they want a few, i'm doing one as an example which i'll post here so it should be more obvious what i'm doing.
price would depend on size and complexity, say $15-20 then whatever postage would be.

started a few for myself which i'll finish up tomorrow and get some photos up here.
in the mean time someone wanted an indiana jones base for what i presume is a 12" figure, which i was more than happy to do.
after some rough sizing up he selected the base on the very far right in the first photo in the first post of this thread.
here it is to get a sense of scale compared to a hot toys figure,

indybasesizeref2.jpg

he wanted the indy logo with the name of the film on it, i'm working on a name plate for it too but still deciding on size and style so no pics of that yet.

we talked about the size of the logo and here's what i came back with,
indytestfigure1.jpg

indytestfigure.jpg

forgot to say the indy base isn't finished, apart from the name plate it needs varnished and i'm yet to add the baize to the bottom of it.

i did some joker diorama bases in this thread, https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64894
pics at the end of this post.
if anyone would like one i'm looking to do a few extra. the original one was 25x25cm but i'd do these a bit bigger at 30x30cm so there's a little more room on it and there wouldn't be a lamp post, only the base. it would be basically the same as the one below.
basedone6.jpg

basedone5.jpg

basedone3.jpg

it was based on this image initially,
ref.jpg

I'd actually be more interested in getting this base!

really?! i didn't really like that one and didn't think anyone else did either.
that one is spare if you're interested or i could do a similar one if there's something you want changed on it.
i just started a tiny version on only a 5x5 inch base using the same material and putting a few road markings on.
oh, that bullets were from a different figure and i dont have any spare.

smaller version of the above base, much smaller and probably unlikely people will be able to tell what it is,
smallroadbase.jpg

smallroadbasewithfigure.jpg

some other new bases i worked on,
basesizeref1.jpg

hellboySWbases.jpg

That is a very nice Joker diorama with the sidewalk, I really like it much more than the street base for the Joker.

kj23 have you ever made a base for 12" Ghostbusters figures? Possibly a round base with the No Ghost Logo on it. Would this be possible or is it too much trouble?

If it's possible I'd be interested.

That is a very nice Joker diorama with the sidewalk, I really like it much more than the street base for the Joker.

kj23 have you ever made a base for 12" Ghostbusters figures? Possibly a round base with the No Ghost Logo on it. Would this be possible or is it too much trouble?

If it's possible I'd be interested.

i've not done that but i could, sounds like it would be cool. 12" is quite big and depending on the style and type of wood could be quite heavy though, for posting it i've thinking of since i'm england.
PM if you like and we'll talk about it.

ignore that, i got confused as i thought you meant a 12" base, it's early here:)
a base for a 12" is fine, the ones above are all based around that size.

Last edited:
replied via PM to the above and everyone else that has made enquiries. any questions, please ask on thread or via PM and i'll get back to you quickly.

Love the joker pieces.

Like it more with the lamppost to be honest.

What do you think of one with grass like for the SW Endor Troop Bundle ?

Love the joker pieces.

Like it more with the lamppost to be honest.

What do you think of one with grass like for the SW Endor Troop Bundle ?

thanks, that lamp post was a killer though, not fun to do.

i'm not too familiar with the endor troop bundle but i think it's just a selection of figures, 2 or 3, right?
i could so something with grass, not sure if you want a base that would fit all the figures on or one each. i could take a look at the film for reference for some ideas.
sounds very much doable and fun though!

thanks, that lamp post was a killer though, not fun to do.

i'm not too familiar with the endor troop bundle but i think it's just a selection of figures, 2 or 3, right?
i could so something with grass, not sure if you want a base that would fit all the figures on or one each. i could take a look at the film for reference for some ideas.
sounds very much doable and fun though!

I was hoping you would say that... I was looking at:

endor2.jpg

Back