Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

I got man of steel. Ichabod crane., and oredered Boba proto type last night. Fits some old ones for an great price

Grateful that I got $60 in rewards. Thanks to all those well made that possible!

But from what I hear about Spooks past, this one really ended with a whimper ...

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

I put in an order during the Glitch at PC. I have no idea whether the order will go thru... But it looks like they won't notify me until monday. This is a crapshoot. If the order won't go thru, then just tell me, b/c I still want to order at the regular 20% off. I already expended my budget on my original orders.

This year's Spook is terrible. Next year's will probably be just as bad.

I made $60 to spend in a place I'll likely never spend another dime ever again.

Still, gotta appreciate the efforts of those responsible for the list.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all those who shared codes and kept a positive spirit!

Picked up a prototype Boba Fett from PC that I've been wanting for a long time. Considering a Silver Centurion but I'm not sure what ECI shipping is. Sounds like courier delivery maybe? Anyone ever had anything shipped that way before?

Glad for the $60 in RP from this year's Spooks :). If the CDN dollar gets better by next Spook, I might just be able to use them on something.

Thanks to Pixelpiper and everyone else for the email notifications! I ended up missing one $5 code, but I would've missed all the other non-newsletter ones otherwise.

I was hoping for some big HT deals from Sideshow this year, but my wallet is glad that none appeared. Unfortunately, the Popcultcha sale has been all kinds of tempting for some of the older figures that I would've wanted deals on, either last year or this year (Cap, Widow, Spidey). Fun fact for those considering purchasing multiple figures from PC- given the shipping costs, it might be cheaper in some cases to place separate orders rather than a combined order.

Picked up a prototype Boba Fett from PC that I've been wanting for a long time. Considering a Silver Centurion but I'm not sure what ECI shipping is. Sounds like courier delivery maybe? Anyone ever had anything shipped that way before?

Glad for the $60 in RP from this year's Spooks :). If the CDN dollar gets better by next Spook, I might just be able to use them on something.

From the PC website, it's an express courier shipping service that sounds like an express/priority mail type of service. It supposedly offers better tracking than the regular airmail service, but it will require a signature for delivery.

I made $60 to spend in a place I'll likely never spend another dime ever again.

Still, gotta appreciate the efforts of those responsible for the list.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha ouch.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

From the PC website, it's an express courier shipping service that sounds like an express/priority mail type of service. It supposedly offers better tracking than the regular airmail service, but it will require a signature for delivery.

Yeah I kind of got that vibe after reading the PC website. The word courier just makes it sound confusing. I might just order and send it to my office in case it doesn't get delivered by regular mail.

Courier is just another word for mailman. Typically international packages get handed off to your postal service for customs and delivery. But, yeah if you want someone there to sign for it ship it to work. But, if you're worried it might come something like Fedex or UPS, usually they call the shipping option Fedex International or UPS by name, and they're a lot more expensive. It's probably going to come through your postal service.

Everything I've gotten from China ends up getting delivered by the mailman, it'll probably be the same with PC.

I hope my Falcon order goes through without a problem.

Fun fact for those considering purchasing multiple figures from PC- given the shipping costs, it might be cheaper in some cases to place separate orders rather than a combined order.

Sounds like a glitch. Better cancel those orders and sit in the corner for the next hour for ever imagining such a price break could be real.

Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg

94127.gif

Thanks to Pixelpiper and Co for the email notifications! My friend (who's lurking in the shadows and is reading this right now & has been all week) and I both ended Spooktacular this year with a perfect score of 9/9 RP codes! Free $60 in codes is pretty awesome. We couldn't have done it without all you fine people! I was also lucky enough to win some great stuff, even if I had to sell my soul to get it lol My first official spook was awesome! I do wish there were more deals this year... But I'll be back next year! The GIF wars were epic! Thanks for the fun guys!

12190053_1628138270772028_5898798488168258716_n.jpg

Here is my #SideshowReaping final submission: https://instagram.com/p/9etazipFDO/

In the event 15 seconds of "Arnold" singing Britney Spears wasn't enough, I recorded him singing the whole song! I hope its enough to get the figure. Here is a YouTube link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMGb7Fdahww

giphy.gif

Nearly everyone in the Spooktacular FB group were way too upbeat and happy all the damn time, and the ass kissing and brown nosing was rather intense. It was really hard to read most of the posts because I can't imagine all of these people were really like that in real life, lol. :p

Nearly everyone in the Spooktacular FB group were way too upbeat and happy all the damn time, and the ass kissing and brown nosing was rather intense. It was really hard to read most of the posts because I can't imagine all of these people were really like that in real life, lol. [emoji14]
I had the same thought every time I glanced in there. All the ridiculous good morning posts with pictures of coffee mugs and breakfast s***. Couldn't stand all the hinting and subtle begging.

Nearly everyone in the Spooktacular FB group were way too upbeat and happy all the damn time, and the ass kissing and brown nosing was rather intense. It was really hard to read most of the posts because I can't imagine all of these people were really like that in real life, lol. :p

:rotfl

XE is where I checked. I've never had a conversion rate that was 2.5% higher than that before.

I suggest you look more carefully next time, because if that's truly the case, you may have an easy time making money on daily or at least weekly ForEx trading without relying on large up or down ticks. Here are figures I just pulled today for Canadian and US exchange

XE Mid-market: 1 USD is worth CAD 1.30783

My commercial bank is buying USD at 1.2680 and selling at 1.3334 - making their mid-market rate 1.3007

When you get above $1000 trade, the rates get a little bit better in your favor. When I did big transfers I would use XE's services and get even better rates when doing over 10k.

Most Canadian banks are going to have similar rates. If I were to use any of my current Canadian dollar credit cards I might expect to pay 1.335 or 1.34 PLUS 2.5% - with some credit cards there might even be a per-transaction charge added to that of $2 to $5 flat - Cash Advance charges, not including interest are always higher than purchases as well in an exchange situation as there's no merchant fee to collect.

PayPal's conversion rates for the same thing right now:

PayPal is buying USD at 1.27376 Canadian (better than my bank in my favor) and selling at 1.34218 (which is worse for me than my bank)

I just lost 11 cents US to get PayPal's rates as I did a live conversion - I probably should have checked to see if they had current rates listed elsewhere. :)

Last edited:
Back