Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

I'm so buying more if the have a holiday sale. Can't beat those prices.

That was great Madrex! Made me laugh. Kinda reminds me of Will Sasso's Arnold. Well done!

94127.gif

Thanks to Pixelpiper and Co for the email notifications! My friend (who's lurking in the shadows and is reading this right now & has been all week) and I both ended Spooktacular this year with a perfect score of 9/9 RP codes! Free $60 in codes is pretty awesome. We couldn't have done it without all you fine people! I was also lucky enough to win some great stuff, even if I had to sell my soul to get it lol My first official spook was awesome! I do wish there were more deals this year... But I'll be back next year! The GIF wars were epic! Thanks for the fun guys!

12190053_1628138270772028_5898798488168258716_n.jpg

Here is my #SideshowReaping final submission: https://instagram.com/p/9etazipFDO/

In the event 15 seconds of "Arnold" singing Britney Spears wasn't enough, I recorded him singing the whole song! I hope its enough to get the figure. Here is a YouTube link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMGb7Fdahww

giphy.gif

Yeah I ordered Falcon from there. If I had the extra money I'd get Mk43 too, cheaper than anywhere else even from Australia [emoji38]

Maybe they'll have a Christmas 20% off or something.

I picked him up a few months ago at $200 thinking it was a deal. Now I'm kicking myself but who knew it would be that cheap?

Spook was fun when it was a more intimate personal event where you could chat and interact with the SSC staff. Back then, the event seemed a lot more like a festival and you got the impression they enjoyed a chance to give out prizes and play games with us. It was more like a party with games and prizes, and you didn't grip about it because for the same reason you wouldn't go to someone's house party and gripe about the food or prizes. It was fun win or lose, but fun was the point of the event.

Now, Spook feels like a promotional event. It got so big, they had to sacrifice the small group fun things in order to appeal to a broader mass of people and everything is about promoting SSC. Their social contests are about imposing the brand on your family, friends, and social groups by retweeting this, or reposting that. I have to be a free marketing extension to have a seat at the table to win a prize. I feel less inclined to feel bad about griping about a promotional event, because I can choose to shop with that company or not, or to participate in their event or not. It becomes a lot more business-like.

Some of the same folks at SSC still run the event, and I like those folks. I don't want to disparage the effort they put into the event because these things are time consuming. Though, I can't believe they themselves don't feel weary about Spook each year rather than looking forward to it. The magic is gone, and while I love the reward points, I don't think I'd miss it if they didn't do it anymore. And, I don't feel ungrateful for having that opinion over a promotional event. If it were like it was 5+ years ago, yes I'd feel bad because they were doing the event to have fun interacting with us and to give something back to the loyal SSC customers. It really did seem like it was about giving back, which was a rare and awesome thing. It's grown so much though, it's all about the business now, and it's logistically unfeasible to be otherwise. Its success has been its undoing.

Last edited:

I picked him up a few months ago at $200 thinking it was a deal. Now I'm kicking myself but who knew it would be that cheap?
No kidding. I checked Ebay beforehand and he's still in the $250 range on there. $200 was still a deal though.

Now, Spook feels like a promotional event. It got so big, they had to sacrifice the small group fun things in order to appeal to a broader mass of people and everything is about promoting SSC. Their social contests are about imposing the brand on your family, friends, and social groups by retweeting this, or reposting that. I have to be a free marketing extension to have a seat at the table to win a prize. I feel less inclined to feel bad about griping about a promotional event, because I can choose to shop with that company or not, or to participate in their event or not. It becomes a lot more business-like.

It is and that's exactly why Sideshow have embraced Social Media.

Social Medial, jumping out the crowd and standing out with what seems to be brown nosing, isn't for me but others seem to enjoy it.

It is and that's exactly why Sideshow have embraced Social Media.

Social Medial, jumping out the crowd and standing out with what seems to be brown nosing, isn't for me but others seem to enjoy it.

Exactly it. Except for the reward codes, everything is retweet, share, etc. so Sideshow is using people to advertise for them. It's cringe-worthy to see so many people embarrassing themselves for figures and statues. It's like people will do anything for something, just because it's free. Sad.

Yea, was on my way to work when the perscope mentoned selling your soul for but dont ask for a life size and umm rule out some PFs....

Exactly it. Except for the reward codes, everything is retweet, share, etc. so Sideshow is using people to advertise for them. It's cringe-worthy to see so many people embarrassing themselves for figures and statues. It's like people will do anything for something, just because it's free. Sad.

45YJgUf.gif

Is anyone having problems checking out at PC thru paypal. I keep getting this message

PayPal gateway has rejected request. A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed (#10736: Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code).

I use paypal all the time and have never seen this message.

Is anyone having problems checking out at PC thru paypal. I keep getting this message

PayPal gateway has rejected request. A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed (#10736: Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code).

I use paypal all the time and have never seen this message.

I used PayPal to check out but no problems. Did you check the box on the order page stating if your billing address was the same or different from the mailing address? Or I'd double check and make sure your "ship to" address matches you Paypal "ship to" address.

I used PayPal to check out but no problems. Did you check the box on the order page stating if your billing address was the same or different from the mailing address? Or I'd double check and make sure your "ship to" address matches you Paypal "ship to" address.

Yeah everything matches. Its 12pm in Australia has anyone got any confirmation of their orders that were place on Friday.....I just sent them an email about the paypal problem waiting for a response.

Yeah everything matches. Its 12pm in Australia has anyone got any confirmation of their orders that were place on Friday.....I just sent them an email about the paypal problem waiting for a response.

just click all the way through with the checkout and dont hit the paypal button. They will transfer you to paypal after the address confirmation on their site. I had the same issue. Also just so you are aware the 20% is over so if you have items in the cart they will not be discounted. Sale ended for US 7PM EST.

just click all the way through with the checkout and dont hit the paypal button. They will transfer you to paypal after the address confirmation on their site. I had the same issue. Also just so you are aware the 20% is over so if you have items in the cart they will not be discounted. Sale ended for US 7PM EST.

Yeah I tried that too about 2 hours ago and nothing. I contacted paypal and they said everything is good on my end and that is must be their website

Yeah I tried that too about 2 hours ago and nothing. I contacted paypal and they said everything is good on my end and that is must be their website

Sorry neverfmind. Just re-read you tried, that is weird.

I'm waiting and keep checking PC Facebook if they are updating on the orders people made when they had the so called glitch.

Back