Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings C3L3BR4T3 $20 off

So I checked my email and found that I received a code for Hot Toys Iron Patriot. After ten minutes at the Sideshow web site not only is the figure waitlisted with a shipping date of January 2015, but the code that came with the email for the Iron Patriot is not eligible for the Iron Patriot.

Nothing says happy holidays like an entitled mentality. 12 days is something the company doesn't have to do,and certainly something you don't have to participate in if you don't enjoy it.

As Alex explained, Sideshow's 12 Days is 12 days of advertising (in addition to the other 353 days of advertising). It's not really an event that requires audience participation, such as Spook.

There seemed to be a big build up, but I don't know what for. But like a firework that fails to go off, best not go to check on it until the 12 days are over. Just in case.

And how exactly are you participating in this 'Event' csi?

All the teases have been leaked anyway making it even less exciting. Expect a Comic Spider-man PF today :D

And how exactly are you participating in this 'Event' csi?

All the teases have been leaked anyway making it even less exciting. Expect a Comic Spider-man PF today :D

Guess I have a life outside of trolling message boards :dunno but so far they have all been a surprise to me. Personally I like to see what new products are coming down the line. I don't get why you and others feel like Sideshow needs to give you something every time they run something.

Oh I'm a troll now? very clever :clap

I don't expect anything, and never said I did :huh although an advertised 'Event' should offer more than a picture of an Eye or a Triden imo.

Again though...12 Days has historically (at least the last three years has been this way) been teases and announcements, so for folks to suddenly think the event is this and that is simply head scratching. In the end, every year some proclaim it a snooze fest while others really enjoy it. As I said...impossible to please everyone. Those that want full product previews should look to Thursdays where we have a new product in full preview almost every week of the entire year (give or take of course), so over roughly 45ish new previews all year round.

-SideshowAlex

Some of you guys need to chill out. 12 days has always been a very casual event with a few licensing or upcoming announcements. Just gave us a heads up of what's in the works. Seriously...I get so frustrated everytime I check what's going on in this thread. Almost wish the mods would get rid of it. I don't think the community can handle it. Might be doing more harm than good.

Welcome to the new generation of collectors. :slap

07a24058476fe03457820e877e3595a83cd1ad8b31431a2161f7de8871877e30.jpg

Man, all I want is for them to reissue or make another set of TMNT statues. Has SSC ever done something like that? Reissues?

Man, all I want is for them to reissue or make another set of TMNT statues. Has SSC ever done something like that? Reissues?

OMG I endorse this. I would LOVE another set of TMNT from Sideshow. Can't believe they haven't made anymore.

Oh I'm a troll now? very clever :clap

I don't expect anything, and never said I did :huh although an advertised 'Event' should offer more than a picture of an Eye or a Triden imo.

Hmmm, actually sounds a lot like you "expect" more than what Sideshow has provided. :dunno

Hmmm, actually sounds a lot like you "expect" more than what Sideshow has provided. :dunno

I think he's making a point that this isn't an event. That word, by definition, has expectations or rather implications, associated with it. When I order a 'steak' at a restaurant, I don't get served a hamburger.

I think he's making a point that this isn't an event. That word, by definition, has expectations associated with it. When I order a 'steak' at a restaurant, I expect a steak, not a hamburger.

Actually it's a lot more like you ordered the hamburger and are now expecting a steak to show up. Just because you are wanting more from this particular SS event doesn't mean you are entitled to more or that SS has to change their event to suit your demands. Either sit back and enjoy the teases or don't. Sitting there whining about not getting what you want is silly.

I'm talking about the excitement element of this 'event' which is non existent.

And FYI I don't expect anything. I have a $50 International Collector Gift Card and over 2,000 points which I will, more than likely, never use.
Even after using those discounts I can still source most items for less locally.

The people who 'expect' are the domestic collectors who complain over a $5 rise in postage costs.

Actually it's a lot more like you ordered the hamburger and are now expecting a steak to show up. Just because you are wanting more from this particular SS event doesn't mean you are entitled to more or that SS has to change their event to suit your demands. Either sit back and enjoy the teases or don't. Sitting there whining about not getting what you want is silly.

Stop whining already.

You have a serious reading comprehension problem or just like being completely disingenuous to stir the pot. Whining is posting a stupid one liner and that's not something I've done on this subject. What I have done is try to engage with Sideshow and offer perspective. I don't expect anything from them and don't care on a personal level what they do with any of their promotional events, including this one. But from my interest and being a fan of their company and brand, I felt compelled to say something about the blatant misuse of the english language bordering on false advertising and the largely wasted time and effort and therefore funds which they might as well have saved or put to better use.

So if you don't like reading various opinions, even ones not supporting your position, feel free to take your own advice.

All I did was ask you how one can 'participate' in an event than consists of a Tease a day.
You took it upon yourself to suggest I'm a troll with no life outside of this forum.

Maybe you should take your own advice and move on while enjoying your daily tease? :wave

Not to drudge up the whole 12 Days thing again, but I have to agree with Pixel.

Respectfully, I think Alex is ignoring the fact that they did up the stakes last year with the 12 Days event by including the points giveaways. That did change the nature of the event from how it was previous years, but I think changed it for the better! There was much more excitement and activity and attention to Sideshow because of that, which I'm sure equated to more sales for them. Everyone was looking forward to that level of excitement again this year, only to get word that it would be scaled down to how it used to be--just an announcement a day. Surely they could see why we would be disappointed.

Not to drudge up the whole 12 Days thing again, but I have to agree with Pixel.

Keep in mind that my gripe was with the word "preview" being used for things that are, by all definitions, not previews at all. It's just a bunch of vapid nonsense.

Back