Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This "only 100 people get it" thing has been some serious nonsense since the beginning of this Spook. That didn't even cover people actually watching.

There were something like 280 watching, and I noticed the vote tallies on the actual crowd purr exceeded 800. But even then, "only 100" was not fair to even the 280 viewing.

They've been doing these "only 100" things throughout the whole event (in those rare moments they did do spins), and it's just more frustrating than anything as a viewer. Especially the one when Autumn ran it TEN times and still the odds were too low to get much of anything. I'm hoping they just get this out of their system with Spook, since this is always their "revenge week," and return to form in Geeksgiving. The previous stream was charming, fun and actually rewarding, so I guess I expected the little sequel stream to continue the mood. Ah well.

You'd think since they're being so conservative that a lot more 100x $1 would be going out.

But 100 $1 in one day is pretty piss poor for Spooktacular. We get more on one of their "Its Big Hair Day" nonsense days.

But whatever. I'm happy with my one dollar. Went out, left computer on.

I will say, if the only way they get people to watch their shows is to give a buck or two out, but they've clearly stopped doing that for the most part... viewership will decline swiftly.

At this point, I have no interested in spending 12 Days of my Christmas watching these sales shows for a "maybe" $1.

I honestly think they've been concentrating more on the deals and ads for now shipping products than rewards this time. Makes sense from a business angle what with the captive audience hanging out waiting for scraps.

Or maybe Autumn cut a deal for a shipping container of Red Vines to "fall off the boat" and that's where she's been during most of Spook. :lol

Yeah, I don't watch QVC and never have needed a sales pitch to convince me to buy something in all my years collecting toys, so if they move away from rewards drops, I will finally close this chapter for good. I don't dislike the hosts, but it's so obvious when they transform from just hanging out to salesperson mode, and they've been in the latter a LOT this week. The wrap up shows have been so utterly pointless and tedious.

One is always tempted to not tune in but then out of the blue hair Autumn goes ape poo and gives out a lot of rewards as she did during NY Con on that infamous day.
Exactly. That con was going particularly badly, too, until that one insane day. Then it became "hell, will she do that again?" Even now, I still wonder that when each stream starts. Gah.

Back