Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sherlock Holmes said "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I didn't play last weeks TSS trivia. I did play both games yesterday and also won $2 in the lottery.

I only started playing Sideshow con on the Wednesday.

I got rewards for two games Wednesday fairly quickly.

Thursday had a game in the morning that I couldn't account a reward for.

The afternoon had a everyone wins lottery draw for $4. This was the start of replacing rewards with lottery draws.

The $3 is for the morning game.

Simples.
Not so fast. I did not start participating in anything until the Saturday of Sideshow Con. I participated in the Anime Trivia game on Friday and got $2.00 from one of the lotteries. That's it and yet I got the $3.00 also. By the way, I used that $3.00 in fungible money to buy myself and my two nephews large drinks at McDonalds.(y)

Last edited:
I didn't get it. I just got an email regarding toenail fungus! :lol
Did you participate at the Friday Wrap up two weeks ago, with BBB?

I got $2 right in my account and an email letting me know. I did participate in trivia two Fridays ago, so I assume this is for that.

I got an email for $2. I presumed it was for the lottery win on Anime day.

There was also a $5 lottery (that I didn't win) in the same live show.

I got an email for $2. I presumed it was for the lottery win on Anime day.

There was also a $5 lottery (that I didn't win) in the same live show.
That makes sense considering what BlueTrooper said. It would also explain why willy156 got $5 and a few of us got $2.

I just got one of those $25 order coupons emailed to me that typically work on most anything but it won't apply to the new DX Luke or the $375 Chrome Mando set. Anybody else having issues with these codes working on preorders? If they nerfed these coupons that really sucks, Sideshow up to no good again :mad:

Edit: I tried a bunch more preorder items and none of them work. I think Sideshow has rendered these terrific codes useless.

Last edited:
I just got one of those $25 order coupons emailed to me that typically work on most anything but it won't apply to the new DX Luke or the $375 Chrome Mando set. Anybody else having issues with these codes working on preorders? If they nerfed these coupons that really sucks, Sideshow up to no good again :mad:

Edit: I tried a bunch more preorder items and none of them work. I think Sideshow has rendered these terrific codes useless.
That sucks if they're phasing those out too. I know the $25 coupons they send out for entering contest giveaways aren't good for pre-orders (or any Hot Toys figures), but the ones they sometimes send out @45 days after an order ships usually are good on anything.

That sucks if they're phasing those out too. I know the $25 coupons they send out for entering contest giveaways aren't good for pre-orders (or any Hot Toys figures), but the ones they sometimes send out @45 days after an order ships usually are good on anything.

Yep it's not a contest code it's the emailed order variety that usually work on most anything. I tried over 10 preorder items and none worked. I'll wait for confirmation from other folks but I'm pretty sure Sideshow has killed the order codes. Without them there isn't much incentive to order through Sideshow and no incentive at all to preorder.

I got a $25 code too that I was able to use to preorder one of the Mandalorian Stormtroopers. It also showed that I could use it for quite a few other HT preorders.

That was yesterday though. Maybe they pulled a lot of product since then. I’ve seen them do that before.

Yeah, I was disappointed by my $25 oder coupon as well. I was holding out on ordering ROS Rey til I got one of those coupons which I was expecting. But when I got it, she wasn't eligible. And it's not like they only had the undesirables and pegwarmers as eligible figures. They had all the new Mando figures that had just gone up for pre-order. And even that new Jedi Luke was definitely there (hen88 here ordered it with a coupon on August 2), and I'm pretty sure that chrome Mando was there too but I see they're both gone this morning.

That's another weird thing. I read here that some things were not eligible one day and eligible the next with those order coupons. So I've been checking pretty much daily to see if Rey magically becomes eligible, but nothing. It's been consistently about 4 pages worth of Hot Toys. But this morning it's cut down to only two pages!

At this point I guess I'll go ahead and order Rey without the damn coupon, since it looks like they are shrinking the pool, not adding to it.

UGH, typical Sideshow.

giphy.gif

I got a $25 code too that I was able to use to preorder one of the Mandalorian Stormtroopers. It also showed that I could use it for quite a few other HT preorders.

That was yesterday though. Maybe they pulled a lot of product since then. I’ve seen them do that before.

I assume you are talking about the Commander with the orange pauldron? I just tried him and the code no longer works.

It's baffling how anyone at Sideshow could think this was a good idea in terms of marketing/customer service. Those coupons are usually only good for something like 7-10 days anyway , so why tinker with them further? If they don't want us using them on new pre-orders, they shouldn't make those items eligible in the first place. Just recently I held off on using a coupon until the last day on the remote chance that the stars aligned and Fennec Shand went up for pre-order before it expired. Of course that didn't happen and I used it on the new Black Widow instead. I'd have been pissed if suddenly BW wasn't eligible because I waited an extra day.

Last edited:
Back