Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your helping the fellow Freaks, Pixel! :duff

(unfortunately, I've got an ancient AOL email address...) :(

Just make a free gmail one. Then you can download IFTTT and set it up to call or text you when you get an email from that account.

Just make a free gmail one. Then you can download IFTTT and set it up to call or text you when you get an email from that account.

And if the emails are marked as read on one device, they show up as read on other devices. That in itself is invaluable !!

Actually does IFTTT cost anything ?

I tried this a few months ago for SDCC codes. It worked BUT I would never get an alert sooner than 10 minutes out from the code announcement. Sometimes it took longer.

I tried this a few months ago for SDCC codes. It worked BUT I would never get an alert sooner than 10 minutes out from the code announcement. Sometimes it took longer.

Thinking about it, it's easier just to use the built in notifications on your phone.

Here's a different question though. Is it possible to get email notifications from just one thread on here ?

Thinking about it, it's easier just to use the built in notifications on your phone.

Here's a different question though. Is it possible to get email notifications from just one thread on here ?

just change how u want other subscriptions notifications to come to you via the drop down tolls area

It is, when you subscribe. It sends you the last message. The issue is once it sends that to you it won’t send again until you visit the forum which means the fun banter in here might force you to lose a code. I have the “non-banter” thread set as a subscription but even that isn’t perfect as some people post “thank you!” Which locks it out until you visit again.

It is, when you subscribe. It sends you the last message. The issue is once it sends that to you it won’t send again until you visit the forum which means the fun banter in here might force you to lose a code. I have the “non-banter” thread set as a subscription but even that isn’t perfect as some people post “thank you!” Which locks it out until you visit again.

That sounds like a pain. I was just going to try it out now. I've got notifications set.

I suggested a looong time ago that people hold off on the thank yous and the got it posts but I was shot down.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I would love alerts just for $ in the text :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggested a looong time ago that people hold off on the thank yous and the got it posts but I was shot down.

That's what I said this morning. I gave up on that. People will insist on posting non code messages.

You weren't shot down in the no-banter thread. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. A thank-you post was posted today and it looks like it was deleted.

That's only one that happened in recent memory, so most people get the point.

Well, out of 51 posts in the Non-Banter thread, 34 of them have only contained a code and nothing else. And 33 of the last 39 posts have only contained a code and nothing else.

It's not perfect, obviously, but not too bad!

Currently up to date in adding addresses.

Quick update.. COMCAST addresses also can't be added to the list - again, limitation imposed by comcast. Please use an alternate email address if possible - sorry for the inconvenience.

Back