Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC waiting for January code

^ I want her so bad, but I'm more worried about Kylo selling out first so I'm probably using the next code on him and then probably some reward points to cut her price down to half or so. I'm still not sure if I'd want collect each Stormtrooper because there are a lot.... haha. It'd determine whether I get the Finn pack w/ TR-8R or him alone.

the perceived safety net is dependent on early release photos out of HK.

People complain about this and that aspect of SSC's business, but IMO, this is the most egregious issue that I'd make sure was corrected if I was in a power position there. First would be to stop and close all gaps that allow any SSC-produced figures to be sold/shipped anywhere before SSC has stock and begins shipping themselves - better coordination to give their US retailers an equal footing too. Next is the same applied to Hot Toys. As HT's largest distributor they could fight again for a better balance for their retailers. Get HT to hold local HK shipments/deliveries until Sideshow has received stock.

^ I want her so bad, but I'm more worried about Kylo selling out first so I'm probably using the next code on him and then probably some reward points to cut her price down to half or so. I'm still not sure if I'd want collect each Stormtrooper because there are a lot.... haha. It'd determine whether I get the Finn pack w/ TR-8R or him alone.
I plan on ordering the Rey 2 pack once it's coupon eligible, then maybe a stormtrooper eventually. It's bound to be on sale sooner or later somewhere.

I got an email from Alter Egos and they said that they are only allowed to order a pre-set number of any HT figures, so I'm assuming that BBTS is in the same boat. Since Sideshow is their distributor, they probably get a pretty big supply.

I do wish Sideshow would have their low quantity warnings like they used to have.

Thanos should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully there is a new code with him.

I think it's funny that people complain about a 10% deposit with Sideshow when every retailer here requires either payment in full or a $100 deposit and it is also non refundable, but can be added to another product instead. I imagine people really think twice about pre ordering here when you have to put down a large amount from the beginning.

Thanos should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully there is a new code with him.

I hope so. I've been holding out getting a Sandtrooper until we get a code but if one doesn't show up soon I'm just going to order it. Don't want to possibly miss out on him over $20.

It's really starting to look like there isn't going to be a January code. Hopefully we get one for February. :/

I think it's funny that people complain about a 10% deposit with Sideshow when every retailer here requires either payment in full or a $100 deposit and it is also non refundable, but can be added to another product instead. I imagine people really think twice about pre ordering here when you have to put down a large amount from the beginning.

That's just it, if you cancel with SSC, you can't put it towards another figure. And there are sites, such as BBTS, that don't require a NRD, and allow cancellations. They just limit their stock.

It's really starting to look like there isn't going to be a January code. Hopefully we get one for February. :/

xluc1.jpg

I hope so. I've been holding out getting a Sandtrooper until we get a code but if one doesn't show up soon I'm just going to order it. Don't want to possibly miss out on him over $20.

If you end up pulling the trigger, BBTS has him in stock with shipping for only $6 if you use the Super Saver option. No reward points sadly, but since SS is charging 18 to ship it's definitely going to save a few bucks in the short run.

If you end up pulling the trigger, BBTS has him in stock with shipping for only $6 if you use the Super Saver option. No reward points sadly, but since SS is charging 18 to ship it's definitely going to save a few bucks in the short run.
I ordered a DBZ Master Stars Piece figure from them the other day, and paid 6 bucks shipping. Weird that two very different sized boxes have the same shipping cost.

Thanks. I got a GC over the holidays and trying to use it but that's another option to consider.

I ordered a DBZ Master Stars Piece figure from them the other day, and paid 6 bucks shipping. Weird that two very different sized boxes have the same shipping cost.

$6 shipping these days is a steal for figures. Only thing better is free. And that's rare.

Back