Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

it's like gremlins feeding that dam raggedy doll after midnight... since im in FL, if i packed up the GIZ and flew out to CA at 11:45PM to feed him, am i'm ok??

It's all about the moon... ;)

Damn. I really don't want to go to sleep and miss any $10 ones

After all the talk yesterday about how certain discounts on figures don't amount to the same as they were last year, people think that somehow they'll give us the same amount of RPs as last year?

It would be nice to see at least 1 more $10 code. I can't remember if I'm at $35 or $40 in free points. I suppose even if I didn't get any other points, that $35 or $40 is better than none.

I can see a $5 and $10 for the last day. I don't reckon we'll get anymore than that.

They've given out a lot of free figures this year.

It also makes it the 31st for the PT time zone.

I'm not saying this applies to you, but greater than 50% of the people on Facebook don't know how to tell time.

Right, and I'm sure I was included in the comment. :lol

I was just thinking about the other times zones being on the 31st before the others, that's why SSC said the 31st.

They've given out a lot of free figures this year.

They probably figured out the free figures are cheaper. If 10,000 people redeem a $5 code, that is the equivalent of giving out 250 free $200 dollar items.

I just think SSC made a typographical error in their layout. It should have read October 26-30. That's the only way to write something that's appropriate for a Western audience. It's also the most simple explanation.

If 10,000 people redeem a $5 code, that is the equivalent of giving out 250 free $200 dollar items.

It's actually the equivalent of giving out 0 $250 items. When a figure is given away, they're out cost on that item - whatever it is, it doesn't matter. When they give out RP they're going to make money for the most part when someone buys something.

They probably figured out the free figures are cheaper. If 10,000 people redeem a $5 code, that is the equivalent of giving out 250 free $200 dollar items.
That's true. They can also get rid of a lot of slow moving products than have people spending less on brand new pre orders.

Anyone plan on watching horror movies today and/or tomorrow? I'm not sure what I'm going to watch yet. I could go back to my childhood and watch Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark. Then again I could watch some classic stuff by Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, or Christopher Lee. I also have newer stuff from the late '70's all of the way up to now. There's so many things to choose from. I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't watch a couple cool scary or horror movies/tv shows.

I just think SSC made a typographical error in their layout. It should have read October 26-30. That's the only way to write something that's appropriate for a Western audience. It's also the most simple explanation.

It's actually the equivalent of giving out 0 $250 items. When a figure is given away, they're out cost on that item - whatever it is, it doesn't matter. When they give out RP they're going to make money for the most part when someone buys something.

That would be true if you look at it on a per item basis. Since sideshow profits from all sales are combined. They still come out way ahead with the free figures.

I may watch the remake series of I Spit On Your Grave today... only seen the original, but I have the 3 new ones.

Anyone plan on watching horror movies today and/or tomorrow? I'm not sure what I'm going to watch yet. I could go back to my childhood and watch Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark. Then again I could watch some classic stuff by Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, or Christopher Lee. I also have newer stuff from the late '70's all of the way up to now. There's so many things to choose from. I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't watch a couple cool scary or horror movies/tv shows.

The new Poltergeist movie put me to sleep which is why I missed the last code.

Past few years I've watched Trick 'r Treat. Come to think of it, a 1/6 Sam would be cool.

Yea I have a variety of things I still want to watch, some of them horror, others just Halloween related. Still have to watch the Shining, Ernest Scared Stupid, Halloween 1 & 2, Monster House & Nightmare Before Christmas. Also I usually watch the Garfield Halloween special from back in the day. Usually I try to cram everything into October, but its been getting to the point where I have to start some of the movies in August. But once November 1 hits, I'm done, it just doesn't feel right.

It's apples and oranges. "come out way ahead" - they don't come out ahead at all giving away a free figure. It doesn't add anything to revenue, let alone profit. If you want to calculate how much it's worth in promotional goodwill, that's something else entirely. But the fact remains that TANSTAAFL. A $5 RP will be used on a purchase and that's revenue.

It's a win-win for customers and Sideshow. Customers get some discounts (in whatever form) and Sideshow increases sales.

I may watch the remake series of I Spit On Your Grave today... only seen the original, but I have the 3 new ones.

The third one is the worst out of all three

it's major theme is : FEMALE MISANDRIST SUPREMACIST!

Back