Creature From The Black Lagoon...a Long Overdue Premium Format Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know for a fact that we're getting a swimming pose, or are you just speculating madly?...PS

Never mind, I just read about the podcast. Can't wait to see this...PS

Your B&W pic wasn't quite complete. I took the liberty of finishing it for you. :D

creaturesse.jpg

Yeah, after looking at that RoboDad...I think I like the colour version of the figure better...What do you guys like more??

I know that there will obviously be LESS of the SSE...So, that makes it more attractive right there!:monkey3

I'm gonna have to go color as well. I think the Gillman was the only Uni Monster that I ever liked the color versions better than the SSE versions. He's the only one that will stay color in my collection of 1:6, so shall it be with PF. :lol

Yeah, after looking at that RoboDad...I think I like the colour version of the figure better...What do you guys like more??

I know that there will obviously be LESS of the SSE...So, that makes it more attractive right there!:monkey3

I'm risking the wrath of Monster here, but I hate the black and white treatment. Color all the way for me.:mexwave

I don't hate the b&w version, but I prefer color. Luckily I have both in 1:6. :D

I think Creature lends itself more to color. Maybe because it was made much later than Dracula or Frankenstein. If This Island Earth had been filmed in b&w, it would be the same for the Metaluna Mutant. It just looks like it should be in color.

I'd like my Gill-Man minty green, thank you. I just hope the edition size isn't too high, yet high enough so people who've been waiting so long for him won't be left out in the cold, like with some of the other PF editions. :monkey2

I don't hate the b&w version, but I prefer color. Luckily I have both in 1:6. :D

I think Creature lends itself more to color. Maybe because it was made much later than Dracula or Frankenstein. If This Island Earth had been filmed in b&w, it would be the same for the Metaluna Mutant. It just looks like it should be in color.

You know, its kind of funny because I know its going for mega $$$...but a freind offered me a SSE Creature 1:6 when it was new for dealer's cost. Told me how limited it was, etc. it was going to cost around $35 (I think). I passed on it. Just because I don't like the silver screen treatment on figures. Films yes. Figures...cannot dig it.

from that preview pic it seems they have the creature posed as if swimming upward toward the surface?

if i were to buy one i'd be temted to display him in glass tank and fill it with water.....but i'm sure that would damage the statue...but i think it would look fantastic.!

it wouldn't be to hard to create the illusion of it being underwater... some water between two panes of glass in front of it, bubbles, the right lighting... Hollywood's been doing it for years :)

I hope they hurry up and show the full reveal(where's that Karma at?). Its hard to tell from the angle of the shot and the clue in the podcast exactly how this swimming pose is pulled off. Possibly this? If its not fully vertical or horizontal is it half and half angled? I know the older Dark Horse model was perfectly posed, so if its along those lines I will be very happy.

Back