Creature From The Black Lagoon...a Long Overdue Premium Format Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...It WILL come so stop whinning like spoilt b*tches people...I want...Iwant ,I want....What are we????TWO!:monkey5

Is that two of a color version or one each of color and sse?? LOL!:lol I am "spoilt" (as most SS collectors are). I dreamed of something really nice like this for the monsters since childhood. Now that its come about, and I can afford them, I really wanna see a Creech. :monkey5 If Werewolf of London sees the PF treatment I hope someone will order me one because I will probably be unconscious for a few days. :D:monkey5:monkey5

Yeah...If they bring the Creature out in colour + B&W...I would definitely get both, well, maybe not..but, it would be hard to decide which one to get..:confused:...But I get where everyone is coming from, this would have to be one of the most anticpated Monster PFs for quite some time, and Sideshow just keeps us waiting.....

and waiting......

If they came out with the Creature in an SSE I'd get that one first because if the 1/6 figure is any indication....the SSE will cost a couple of testicles to go back and get via eBay.

I'll remain patient, but I simply do not understand this delay and yet another event (Spooktacular, no less) without at least an official announcement. :confused:

I know all of the chat logs were posted...but there is no way I am going to go through all of that looking for a hint about a possible Creature PF anytime soon. Anyone actually pose the question, or was it hinted at? Maybe they are waiting for the (supposed) re-make of CFTBL that is in the works?

Here is all we got, ironically thanks to Lonnie:

From the October 31st chat with Jared Chapman:

[16:13] < lcummins > Jared, what's taking so long to coordinate the Creature PF? :) lol
[16:14] < Jared_Chapman > lcummins - oh a Creature eh? we're coordinating a trip down to South America to catch one

From the November 2nd chat with Mat Falls:

[15:53] < lcummins > Mat, the Creature PF... we know it's coming, that's been confirmed... is the delay because of the suit? Any hints on how long we will still have to wait?
[15:59] < Mat_Falls > Lonnie - Creature PF... I can neither confirm nor deny that we have to make it the best possible representation of the Creature.... EVER!!!

I can be patient... Afterall, once i get my hands on the creature i'll only need the invisible man as a PF... after that i have no purpose anymore...

Well, sure! But i'd hope we're gonna get a whole series of the "secondary" monsters... But if we get a creature and an invisible man, then my core 7 universals are complete...

All this debate about color or SSE has got me thinking about muddying the waters with a point that no one has brought up that I think bears consideration. Which version of the Creature is the definitive version. Remember, there are several to choose from here. In the original, the 2 suits are not identical; the heads are different, as are the scale patterns. The land suit is, of course, the more iconic by virtue of being more heavily featured in the publicity stills, but the swimming suit is not without it's appeal. Then there is the "Revenge" version, which has substantial differences from the first film's suits as far as the head and coloration are concerned. Not as lifelike as the originals, but still worthy of consideration, I think. Almost every kit or toy that's been produced has been modeled on the original 'Land' suit; the only exceptions have been a couple of bobble-heads based on the 'Water' suit and the Marx figure, which is clearly the 'Revenge' version. Let's consider the options...
creature10t-300x215.jpg

the Land suit...
creature_from_black_lagoon.jpg
creature_frontal.jpg

the Water suit
revengetop.jpg
movies_creature.jpg

the Revenge suit. As I said, something to muddy the waters...PS

This suggestion will probably get me killed... but they could always make an exclusive version with all the different heads, since the body isn't that much different. We have seen the change o head magnetic thing with Capt. America, Wolverine, Iron man and soon the Thing. But if I had to choose just one...land Creature from the First film.

A little more fun;a nice comparison between Ricoh's and Ben's suits...
benandricih.jpg

Ricoh is on the left; aside from obvious proportional differences, the masks are noticeably different, as are many small details. Still, it works...
This picture is courtesy of Famous Monsters magazine, now sadly defunct(again)...PS

Back