Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think they're limited to existing art by AH! as he's not working with DC Direct anymore.

Well, I think they're limited to existing art by AH! as he's not working with DC Direct anymore.

Do you think so? I think the line is limited to Covers but no necessarily to AH's. We'll see what happens...we might see some Cover by Dodson

8754_400x600.jpg

3-1.jpg

bop92full.jpg

Do you think so? I think the line is limited to Covers but no necessarily to AH's. We'll see what happens...we might see some Cover by Dodson

I agree.

DCD could go the same route as their Women of the DC Universe Bust line, using various artists...not just AH!.

I just hope that they don't do multiples of the same character.

Of course, I guess I have a mental block on them using other artists as all of these seem to be home runs with AH! art. And there aren't a lot of other artists that just do females posing as opposed to an action scene. But I'm sure if these sell well, DCD will milk this line for everything it's got like they have with Batman B&W.

Has AH! never done an official Mary Marvel art piece? No cover with her on it? I always loved his depictions

90700-181957-mary-marvel_super.jpg

I don't think these are just going to be based on AH alone, I think we will see more from other artists down the line. I really want an AH Supergirl before it switches to another artist.

I'm digging her, although I think I still prefer my other Hughes Diana fighting the hydra. I don't understand why they had to make her so orange though. I guess they're trying to get her to look more like the fake tanned Megan Fox?

ww_ah4.jpg

You're right. I think she looked lighter in the proto pics. She could use a repaint IMO (some of the custom painter in the forum could do some good work with this statue). I like the pale skin look to WW (even an olive tone would have looked better than the orange).

It may photograph more "orangish" but in-person it doesn't stand out at all to me.

It does make me think Megan Fox would physically be a decent choice to play WW in a movie. But I doubt she has the acting chops yet to pull it off.

I wouldn't want Fox to be WW... I seriously can't stand her.

Besides, she's apparently pretty short (5'5" I believe). WW (IMO) should be at least 6' or close to it.

It may photograph more "orangish" but in-person it doesn't stand out at all to me.

It does make me think Megan Fox would physically be a decent choice to play WW in a movie. But I doubt she has the acting chops yet to pull it off.

I guess it depends on your definition of orange. Those pics are pretty good representation of the orange-ness. I'll take a pic with another Wondie statue - it's bothering me more and more.

I just watched Transformers again and was struck at how artificial looking all (both) the women are in that film - they aren't a hue natural to humans.

I wouldn't want Fox to be WW... I seriously can't stand her.

Besides, she's apparently pretty short (5'5" I believe). WW (IMO) should be at least 6' or close to it.

She's even shorter than that I believe. I'd put her closer to the lower end of 5' and some change.

Sweet WonderWoman Collection Dave Very Sweet, Noticed the AH Serpents and WonderWoman vs Superman look like they are in close scale with the New Version

The serpent is close to scale, but the WW vs. Supes is more in scale with the JLA WW statue.

I should have thrown in the PF behind those, forgot about her.

Back