Count Dooku WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXACTLY like that. I got a big 'ol geek smile on my face at the awesomeness of those. Great work fellas.

Kinda let this thread go to hell... Finally some shots of the finshed piece.

Dooku4.jpg

Dooku1.jpg

Dooku3.jpg

Dooku.jpg

This looks much better than the one SS is trying to pawn off in PF. I'm not sure what reference pic they used to sculpt it, but it looks nothing like Christopher Lee. You did a great repaint on the Hasbro sculpt!

Sorry to be critical (I just am, I guess, sorry), but the sculpt doesn't look... old enough.... like Hasbro used ref pics of lee from when he was playing Dracula, then they were told what Dooku looked like in Ep 2 and added the right hair to go with it.

this is the best Dracula pic to compare to, not exactly like the sculpt but look:
lee.jpg

now here's him in Ep2
Count-Dooku-christopher-lee-2511927-800-600.jpg

to me, the shape of his face looks more like him as Count Dracula than Count Dooku. (turns out that apparently his hairline receded a long time ago and then stopped receding, because as there were 44 years between him as Dracula and him as Dooku)

sorry to be critical, but that's just my opinion, and the paint is excellent, everything is perfect except the saber hilt is slightly too big and his skin doesn't... IDK sag enough I guess so he looks around 30 years too young with white hair/facial hair... but that's not your fault Mando, as both the saber and sculpt are from Hasbro, not you.

So (I'm critiquing this fig the same as I would any Hot Toys, Sideshow, or Medicom) I give this one a 9.5 on the figure overall, and I give Sideshow's Darth Maul figure about a 9.7 (and Maul's massed produced and designed by an entire team of people who have almost unlimited funds to get whatever they need material-wise, and professional sculptors, etc)

Point is, few flaws, still good tho! :)lol maybe I shoulda just said that instead of saying everything else...)

oh yeah and I love the force lightning hand... great idea! How'd you make it?

Last edited:
Back