Count Dooku WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Haven't done a SW custom in ages. I've had the Hasbro Dooku parts for years now and after unsuccessfully attempting to switch all the gear over to buck I put them in a drawer and forgot about 'em. In all honesty Hasbro's clothes are usually too small for their own body let alone another brand's so he's got a Cmdr. Praji's uniform now

Anyway, here is so far. Head repaint is finished for the most part and attached to the body and the saber is done but there's still a grocery list of things to do:

-new belt
-repaint cape clasps
-new chain for the cape
-add weight to the belly
-dye the cape slightly darker

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Mando. Definately one of Hasbros best figs. Nice work on the upgrades.

Sorry, but am I the only one who thinks his face looks like he farted?

3.jpg

Oh dear, I've let one slip out... Smells like eggs... Maybe no one will notice...

_

Looks great.

I was going to do the same thing, but the parts have also been sitting in a box for years lol.

I love the figure man!!! Great job.... this has nothing to do with you, but I hate how big the Hasbro lightsaber hilt is on a 1/6 figure. SS really needs to do this guy soon. The PF is coming, but I have and army of 12" Jedi that needs another Sith to fight.

Thanks a lot you guys! :duff

I love the figure man!!! Great job.... this has nothing to do with you, but I hate how big the Hasbro lightsaber hilt is on a 1/6 figure.

The Saber hilts are definitely too big, usually even too big for the Hasbro hands. The worse thing on Dooku's is that cylinder (battery cap :D) on the end, it's massive compared to rest of it.

I like it a lot!

It's a figure that's been on my kitbash list for awhile now, your pics make me want to get on with it.

I know what will happen though. I'll set myself a budget of £35/40.

Then I'll exceed that pushing it upto £50/55 by the time I finish it.

The day I complete him Sidshow will announce the figure which I'll be able to pick up in 6 months time for £60.

Should I wait? Or should I go for it?

Hmmm decisions, decisions.

What is this word "budget" you speak of? Is that another UK word I don't know the meaning for?

I see you put some numbers down there too, but they look so small...too small. Try a bigger number, like 75-80.

As far as the figures, you need both, 1 Count Dooku and 1 Darth Tyrannus. Issue solved. You're welcome:D

I like it a lot!

It's a figure that's been on my kitbash list for awhile now, your pics make me want to get on with it.

I know what will happen though. I'll set myself a budget of £35/40.

Then I'll exceed that pushing it upto £50/55 by the time I finish it.

The day I complete him Sidshow will announce the figure which I'll be able to pick up in 6 months time for £60.

Should I wait? Or should I go for it?

Hmmm decisions, decisions.

I definitely feel your pain. These always end up running you up a little more than you originally plan. I'm at point where I'm just not spending anything else on projects until I've got a few more finished, and if I do it's going to be 1 part here or 1 part there.

What is this word "budget" you speak of? Is that another UK word I don't know the meaning for?

:lol I really hate budgetting for customs I'd always much rather wing it.

Nice job Mando :clap

Thanks, Flosi! :rock

Haven't done anything new with Dooku but I have started working on a special extra hand for him, but I'll wait until it's painted to reveal what is.

Great figure Mando... I just pick one up my self from a fellow member and I couldn't be happier with it... Im looking into switching the body out to a ss body..

I was thinking about using True Type Narrow Shoulder body, but maybe trying to extend the legs a bit to give him a bit more stature. Not by much, just to get him head and shoulders over a regular TT.

But now I'm thinking the Hasbro uniform wont fit, the Praji Uni looks cool, but once again... more expense!

Bah! - I should finish my Sandtrooper bashes first!

I know what you mean... one of us needs to work on there dress making skills.... I don't have a sewing machine any more or I would have a play... think the mrs would freak if I came home with a sewing machine.

Wife "What's that for my darling husband?"

Husband "Well honey I am going to make miniature clothes for my dollies"

Wife "what a wonderful idea dear! then you could give them away on that forum you sometimes go on"

Husband "Exactly!!"

Wife "how many outfits are you going to make?"

Husband "Only a couple"

Wife "Wonderful, good job that you did not spend £480 on the most expensive sewing machine you could find, just to make two tiny costumes for a dolly that you don't have and you are not going to buy because you have enough dollies already"

husband (hangs head) "yes dear.... no dear...."

The uniform is about halfway up the wrists of on the Qui Gon body. It's a pity as the outfit is actually pretty good for Hasbro, apart from the boots.

No 'dress making' for me i'm afraid, i barely get enough time to do anything with my 'dolies' as it is living with my wife, 10mth old son & dog.

Last edited:
Back