Continuous delays on Optimus Prime release!!! What is going on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not mind the wait if I get a perfect(QC) Optimus too. My biggest problem is the lack of communication about the delays with all the customers that already put down $200 one year ago. I simple act as sending an e-mail would be acceptable.

Imagine if after all the waiting we start to receive pieces with the usual QC problems! :( :( :(
That would be a nightmare.

Imagine if after all the waiting we start to receive pieces with the usual QC problems! :( :( :(
That would be a nightmare.

the biggest nightmare will be that you receive the exclusive with quality issues and that they don't have any replacements...:monkey2

Probably having a lot of issues with breaking parts. There are a lot of small fragile pieces on this.

I've lost a lot of faith in SSC's ability to put out a quality product that will last more than 3 years (ROTLA Indy jacket). But that's a faux fabric. This is plastic, polystone and metal, right? Also a lot of parts jut out and are likely 50/50 to break in placing him in the styrofoam. I wonder how large the box is for this.

I've lost a lot of faith in SSC's ability to put out a quality product that will last more than 3 years (ROTLA Indy jacket). But that's a faux fabric. This is plastic, polystone and metal, right? Also a lot of parts jut out and are likely 50/50 to break in placing him in the styrofoam. I wonder how large the box is for this.

i do not see styrofoam being the best route for packing with this piece. bubble wrap or something that allows the pieces to move around a little bit would be better imo.
is this going to come as one piece do you think or do you think we will have to put on the arms after it is unboxed?? that could make for easier shipping.

i do not see styrofoam being the best route for packing with this piece. bubble wrap or something that allows the pieces to move around a little bit would be better imo.
is this going to come as one piece do you think or do you think we will have to put on the arms after it is unboxed?? that could make for easier shipping.

This thing is a beast. If I were SSC's, I'd ship it in two boxes, at least for the EX with the sword arms. I think the arms separate is a no-brainer for SSC's. Also, the head and perhaps the front chassis.

Still no reply from Sideshow. I think we are getting the silence treatment!

352636_2009050619330199.jpg

well last time someone called and was told it was going to ship. then it got puched back again.

im calling today to find out whats going on, this is retarded customer service. they sure had no problem charging me the $250 NRD months ago.

well last time someone called and was told it was going to ship. then it got puched back again.

im calling today to find out whats going on, this is retarded customer service. they sure had no problem charging me the $250 NRD months ago.

I called last time and they told me It would be shipped by the last week of July! :gah::slap

Let`s see what they say this time. Thanks for taking your time to call them.
I still have not had a reply to the e-mail I sent to the Customer Service Manager. It seems they really don`t care. :mad:

After (1) year the honorable thing to do when dealing with devoted customers is to give them an option of getting their NRD refunded or staying in until the item is released. We the high end buyers of SSC should demand thay add this language into their decription of what a NRD is on the website. It's criminal the way folks are treated by SSC when the flow of information is non-exisitent between seller and buyer, after all we do keep sideshow in business.. it's not the other way around!!! Let SSC not forget that

I'm surprised Mike T. didn't respond. He was always helpful in the past. Maybe this is above his pay grade and he can't be forthcoming. I couldn't imagine having paid SSC's $250 and no response though. SSC's is becoming more about the money every day, less about Q/C and customer service, it seems.

Still no contact back and no word from anyone here in the Forum.
I do not know how many of you tried to contact Sideshow via e-mail but it looks like they have not replied anyone. I ask all of you Freaks to just waste 5 minutes of your day and send an e-mail to Sideshow Customer service inquiring about this delay and the lack of communication with us that already paid for this piece an year ago.

I created similar threads on the Statue Forum and Statue Marvels forum to try to reach more collectors.

Have a good one freaks!

Back