Conan reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new pic of wet perm Conan

conan20111.jpg

lol....................

This movie will fail.. unfortunatley... It'll be like that viking flick. Looks cool but fails so miserably. :( :( I cry for Conan. :(

How the ____ would the Rock be a better Conan?, it would be like Scorpion King all over again(which i hated).

Just saw this thread.. I've been a fan of Conan for a few years when I was a kid.. Don't like the actor who will portray Conan for this remake. :(

Here's an excerpt of what an embodiment of a barbarian should be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarian

Modern popular culture
Modern popular culture contains such fantasy barbarians as Tarzan and Conan the Barbarian.

In fantasy novels and role-playing games, barbarians or berserkers are often represented as lone warriors, very different from the vibrant cultures on which they are based. Several characteristics are commonly shared:

- Physical prowess and fighting skill combined with a fierce temper and a tolerance for pain
- An appetite for, and the ability to attract, the opposite gender thanks to animal magnetism
- Meat eating (this fits several social norms. Nomadic peoples and military men often ate more meat because they were not in one place long enough to farm and harvest.)
- An appetite for alcohol and an unusual stamina to stave off its effects
- A blending of Celtic, Germanic, Slavic, and nomadic Turco-Mongol cultures

He's not as buff as he should be, but he still manages to look like a decent Conan, not to mention that we have no idea what his performance will be like. I'm holding out judgement until there's at least a trailer out. Besides, wasn't it said that they're going to try and keep this one closer to the books, instead of remaking the Arnold movie?

EDIT: Here are some more pics that haven't been posted here yet.

avo6z7.jpg

ev2fth.jpg

The latter is a promo pic, not an actual shot from the movie, if I remember right.

Last edited:
They are remaking Conan? Why remake a movie thats classic with Arnie and that you cant top?

Oh, right. Money.

I dont think Conan was meant to weigh 200 pounds, that guy looks nothing like what Conan should look like....

They could still save it if Arnold appears and the end and beats him to death. :dunno

If I knew this to be true I would pay to see the new one just for that. :lol

There are some remakes that sound good but this one just hasn't sounded like a good idea from the very beginning. The original is still a classic and not a film that you have fond memories of and then rewatch and cringe. At least not for me, I thought it was still really good considering when it was made.

They are remaking Conan? Why remake a movie thats classic with Arnie and that you cant top?

Oh, right. Money.

There are some remakes that sound good but this one just hasn't sounded like a good idea from the very beginning. The original is still a classic and not a film that you have fond memories of and then rewatch and cringe. At least not for me, I thought it was still really good considering when it was made.

It's not a remake, though. It's a reboot that will be closer to the books. That's enough to get me interested at least, because let's face it, as good as the Ahnuld flick was, it was kind of a poor adaption.

It's not a remake, though. It's a reboot that will be closer to the books. That's enough to get me interested at least, because let's face it, as good as the Ahnuld flick was, it was kind of a poor adaption.

Well if that's the case then I can live with that. I mean after the 2nd Conan film a reboot is ABSOLUTELY necessary. That movie is complete sh**. Nothing compared to the first one.

Back