Complete Making Of Hottoys She Predator--Machiko

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man ! those are great pics.
the figure looks so amazing but for some reason I wont be getting it.
well If I was a millionair I would have a direct account with Ht to send me evrything they make same with sideshow LOL.

man ! those are great pics.
the figure looks so amazing but for some reason I wont be getting it.
well If I was a millionair I would have a direct account with Ht to send me evrything they make same with sideshow LOL.

You can spare it, you have the P1 bust.

Lucky son of a b.... :lol

fantastic pics! I would look through photos or vids of these talented artists forever. I just love it, i love seeing their workspaces (although I don't really know why), and also I hope to steal some tips from them :lol

wonderful work

Machiko's costume is totally designed by a fanboy :) A leather garter belt and heels? It's visually great for Halloween, but I can't take her seriously.

BOBBY

Machiko's costume is totally designed by a fanboy :) A leather garter belt and heels? It's visually great for Halloween, but I can't take her seriously.

BOBBY

How in the blue hell does that make it designed by a 'fan boy'?

It's a fantasy figure based off of a comic book character, they're allowed to push it with a couple of things. Let's not forget that the AvP Elder wore a friggin cape and some other items (like his Bio Helmet decorations), and everyone's excuse was, "ceremonial attire" - the same statement could be used with her boots. Not practical to hunt in, but just fine otherwise.

Imagination, have some.

Edit: Further more, what in the HELL is with everyone throwing around the word 'fan boy' lately on the board? Can we please stop coming into threads based on certian franchises and stop poking out fingers into other peoples chest and saying "fan boy!"

In this case, the artists had a job to do, they made some kick ass looking armor, from what I can tell was based on Predator 2 and AVP:R. The people behind this wanted to make a cool looking figure, 'fan boys' or not.

How in the blue hell does that make it designed by a 'fan boy'?

It's a fantasy figure based off of a comic book character, they're allowed to push it with a couple of things. Let's not forget that the AvP Elder wore a friggin cape and some other items (like his Bio Helmet decorations), and everyone's excuse was, "ceremonial attire" - the same statement could be used with her boots. Not practical to hunt in, but just fine otherwise.

Imagination, have some.

Edit: Further more, what in the HELL is with everyone throwing around the word 'fan boy' lately on the board? Can we please stop coming into threads based on certian franchises and stop poking out fingers into other peoples chest and saying "fan boy!"

In this case, the artists had a job to do, they made some kick ass looking armor, from what I can tell was based on Predator 2 and AVP:R. The people behind this wanted to make a cool looking figure, 'fan boys' or not.

Notice the smily face after the word "fanboy"? Chill out.

The problem I see is the lack of imagination on the designer's part. Garter belts and heels incorporated into a Predator themed costume is neither innovative or practical. Marchinko didn't have them in the original art.

BOBBY

I think this woulda been easier to read...

Was designed by a fanboy ;)

using this :) sorta comes off smug. I have no idea why. Smug people do that a alot.

"Yeah, and you suck :)" heh.

The problem I see is the lack of imagination on the designer's part. Garter belts and heels incorporated into a Predator themed costume is neither innovative or practical. Marchinko didn't have them in the original art.

It wasn't in the original art, so the fact that they were completely invented makes them the product of a lack of imagination?

It wasn't in the original art, so the fact that they were completely invented makes them the product of a lack of imagination?

Well no, the whole warrior woman schtick with heels and underwear, has been done to death already by the likes of Luis Royo or John Blanche.

The blades on the tip of her boots...now that's a good intrepertation of what we've seen on Scar and the other Predator younglings. I would have liked to see more of this from the sculptors.

BOBBY

Wow thanks for the pics vcddog! This awesome figure is a must for me! Already have her on pre-order

It's more the fact that they are fantasy-unrealistic-warrior-woman stereotypes, heavily at odds with the comic character whose attire is extremely practical; full body armour when fighting aliens, tank top and shorts when brawling, flight suit with Predator armour otherwise.

DH Machiko was solid. HT Machiko is stereotypical. If I did buy the figure, I'd have to find some way to hide or remove those flaming heels...

For those familiar with the character, it's rather akin to doing Ripley or Vasquez in high heels.

Back