Premium Format Colossus PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Colossus PF Sneak Peek

Looks like a change-o-head

Sinttulo-4.jpg

Yeah, one can almost see the print there too :D

Yeah, I'm just having a little fun with the glimpses we have seen so far, but overall I think this is going to look really good. I have the same concerns about the black line paint apps ala the Spidey comiquette, but the head sculpt looks killer! :rock

I'd be surprised if they have problems with the lines. Spidey's lines were way more complicated and ran all over the place. Colossus' lines are all straight and are just parallel to each other.

Knock on wood but I think Sideshow can do this :monkey1

I dunno. Spidey's lines aren't all that complicated in my humble estimation. Simply "trace the lines" type painting, that often went horribly wrong.

Anybody knows how the Colossus comiquette came out in this sense?

Last edited:

I dunno. Spidey's lines aren't all that complicated in my humble estimation. Simply "trace the lines" type painting, that often went horribly wrong.

I have to disagree. Spidey's lines were mostly curves and due to the pose several areas were harder to reach. Imagine doing that mass production with a small brush. Colossus will be way easier. Maybe a custom painter can give us an opinion.

Can't see how this

Sideshow_Colossus.jpg

Compares with this

12948-550x-spidey%20header.jpg

Unless he's going to be really tall which is expected. He's the only one for the X-team that's looking down at all.

I have to disagree. Spidey's lines were mostly curves and due to the pose several areas were harder to reach. Imagine doing that mass production with a small brush. Colossus will be way easier. Maybe a custom painter can give us an opinion.

Ask Vince Vell about painting on Spider-Man lines he did my custom Spidey for me.

Well, I can tell you that on the first one I received, the lines weren't even finished in the most obvious places. Check out how the lines don't actually go to the eye in several places:

SDC13097.jpg

And the application of black paint was very uneven throughout.

But whatever the case, I hope Colossus doesn't have any major QC issues of that sort. In fact, I hope that no other Sideshow product ever does!

Sideshow Collectibles Marvel Colossus Premium Format Figure

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOeJc_B8Lo&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Fana Collec!

:lol I am glad with the pose. The only thing that worries me is if Sideshow will be able to paint the black lines straight, and don't do the same the did with many Spiderman comiquettes.

Honestly, that is the first thing that I thought of as well.

1:4 scale x-men will be an instant buy for me.

What make this a PF? Is not a jacket, is it?

Well, I can tell you that on the first one I received, the lines weren't even finished in the most obvious places. Check out how the lines don't actually go to the eye in several places:

SDC13097.jpg

And the application of black paint was very uneven throughout.

But whatever the case, I hope Colossus doesn't have any major QC issues of that sort. In fact, I hope that no other Sideshow product ever does!

Aren't you proving my point? It is ____ty because it isn't a piece of cake to paint.

Damn, a REAL PF - if the other X-Men had been like this I'd have the whole series. Guess he'll go well with Wolverine.

Aren't you proving my point? It is ____ty because it isn't a piece of cake to paint.
I don't think so. The lines going to the eyes are right there, large as day, in the front of the statue, and they weren't done correctly. And the other main issue was just making sure a uniform amount of black paint was used, and not missing from some areas and globbed on in others. Again, the issue with Spidey seemed more shoddy painting period than less than ideal painting due to a difficult subject.

Colossus is perfect example of my new collecting method. Last year I would be jumping all over this the day it went up. The QC issues are going to make me sit this one out and pick one up on the secondary market after they hit with in hand pictures.

From this point on the sculpts are going to have to be of Skaar quality to get me to order. My bet on the price of this piece is $350. Chances this will turn out pretty much perfect like the prototype I give it about 50/50 chance.

Two questions: 1.) what is your price guess? 2.)What are the chances there are no QC issues with Colussus PF?

Back