Cobra Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew there was some pre-production pics somewhere, so I dug this up. Credit is to Irishjedi.
From Sideshow's G.I. JOE Inside Look video:
ssc_cobrasoldier.jpg

screencapturehb5.png

I love how they gave the helmet the vintage "widow's peak" and made sure that it flared out at the sides. That was my main concern when they showed the mockup.

Actually it is. Look closer and you'll see a sculpted mask on the face. They just put a cloth mask over it. Not sure why :confused:

Yeah I just meant that there was a fabric mask of some sort. I don't mind the underneath being sculpted on, just as long as there is a fabric piece.

Yeah I just meant that there was a fabric mask of some sort. I don't mind the underneath being sculpted on, just as long as there is a fabric piece.

I'm thinking maybe they sculpted a flat lower face so they could glue the material directly on top of it. That way it still looks like fabric, but will stay in place at atll times.

I would have just rather had a generic face under there, also so we could change out the head and put another head in to give these guys some uniqueness and not just clones of eachother. I know I plan on getting 2 of these guys.

I'm fine with the mask being attached. As long as the head is removable it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm thinking the Pro, but if the flaws aren't fixed then it doesn't matter. Besides the head being separate from the neck or not.

given that articulation has allways been a big part of the GI joe line, I'd not be suprised if hasbro rwequired all the figures in this line to be on the pro. here's hoping we see a new female body this year becuase of it.
that, or perhaps sideshow will start using the new hot toys female body.

This line looks like it could be potentially be the figure line to end all lines but there's one thing that's a little bit of a bummer. Since SSC is allowed to reprint the original filecards on the packaging I bet Hasbro would have let them use the original card art as well. SSC obviously chose to forego that option in favor of modernizing the characters a little. All three figures so far look great but I wish we were getting exact replications of the vintage card art in 12 inch form, complete with the original art and filecards on the package. Oh well.

This line looks like it could be potentially be the figure line to end all lines but there's one thing that's a little bit of a bummer. Since SSC is allowed to reprint the original filecards on the packaging I bet Hasbro would have let them use the original card art as well. SSC obviously chose to forego that option in favor of modernizing the characters a little. All three figures so far look great but I wish we were getting exact replications of the vintage card art in 12 inch form, complete with the original art and filecards on the package. Oh well.

Yeah I agree I love the ole school GI JOE art, that just brings me back to the buying experience I had whenever I was little...

Snake 1982 art brings back all the joys, I just need to see that and I start to smile :eek:

Back