Cobra Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking fig, so far! Nice to see a new entry in the line. Depending on the price, I might passon this one. Not because of any quality issues, but because I'd really like to put a couple of Crimson Guard behind The Commander instead.

To echo a statement made in the Indiana Jones forum:

LOTR 1/6 scale line: Seven figures, ZERO villains.

GI Joe 1/6 scale line: Three figures, TWO villains. And one is the leader and the other a troop builder.

I'm very happy with how this line is progressing. :)

Looking SWEET! Much better than I thought - a lot more like the original than those earlier design pics suggested. I'm all for that.

Red mask for the exclusive would be kind of lame... So far it's been a weapon/accessory. Maybe the Dragunov that came with the original Cobra Soldier?

I knew there was some pre-production pics somewhere, so I dug this up. Credit is to Irishjedi.
From Sideshow's G.I. JOE Inside Look video:
ssc_cobrasoldier.jpg

screencapturehb5.png

With the exception of the helmet, it looks exactly like the production mock up, right down to the scope and grenade launcher on the AK74. :D

Last edited:
I'm probably down for at least 2 of these--I'm kinda hoping the exclusive is the officer with a silver insignia. I'm really happy about how this line is progressing. I'm callin' Duke for 4th quarter 2009. Sorry Shai, no Zartan 'til late 2010 methinks.

I'm callin' Duke for 4th quarter 2009

I think the majority of us are assuming Duke is the front runner for the next announcement. I didn't actually notice that the SSC Trooper was holding an AK-47 due to the scope and banana clip being out. I wonder if that means they aren't planning on doing an Officer as a separate release. To tell the truth I don't know that I'd want them to waste a coveted quarterly release on an Officer anyway since it'd be so similar to the Trooper.

I knew there was some pre-production pics somewhere, so I dug this up. Credit is to Irishjedi.
ssc_cobrasoldier.jpg

screencapturehb5.png

With the exception of the helmet, it looks exactly like the production mock up, right down to the scope and grenade launcher on the AK74. :D

Pretty sure that is a guy in a costume and not a figure.

ssc_cobrasoldier.jpg

screencapturehb5.png

He dosen't have the puffy chest, and the suit has been changed (no pockets). We'll have to see how much has really changed.

Yes that is a guy in a costume. Does anyone really think that was the figure? :rotfl

Its also obvious that they are using the 25th Anniversary stylings for their inspiration. Which means the Cobra Officer will most likely look like this (on the left next to the Cobra Trooper for comparison):

cobraofficer-6.jpg

giJoe25thCobraOfficer1_S.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it is, I never said anything to the contrary :confused:
All I said was that because so much of the figure's costume and weapon corresponds with the mock up, that you can expect the rest of the figure to be styled the same.

Ktjn said:
He dosen't have the puffy chest, and the suit has been changed (no pockets). We'll have to see how much has really changed.
Actually, if you look in the lower right side of the mock up picture, you'll see the changes were already made to the figures' shirt, SSC just used off the shelf costume elements to get a general idea of a realistic looking Cobra trooper.

Since it seems like the SS Joe figs all have an accessory that their original figure came with (SE has his sword, CC has his ray gun) I'm hoping the trooper also comes with a Dragonov. Either way, I'm getting him.

That is what is odd about this figure. AK47's came with the Cobra Officer while the Dragonov came with the Cobra Trooper. I hope the Officer get the silver logo and helmet insignia (exclusive?).

Back