Cobra Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between this guy and the 212th Clone Trooper SSC are doing they're best to encourage army building.
It might just work, on me at least. Can see me having to get at least two of these guys, he looks great :).

Cheers,
Doug

I cancelled all my joe orders...this line takes too long..If in hand pics of the figures are amazing ,i'll buy them on the bay or on second chance.I dont like the way Sideshow is handling this licence.

Trooper looks cool though.

:lecture.... unfortunately this line is doomed. :monkey2

I hope so, I am kind of a sucker for GI JOE and this line doesn't look to disappoint. I wonder what the hold up is?

SSC said only one a quarter which means simply four a year. They started mid year so the fact we are seeing three is actually ahead of their own curve.

When is Cobra Commander coming out?

If I remember correctly Snake Eyes is Q1 09, Cobra Commander is Q2 09 so Cobra Trooper would be a Q3 09 shipment and whatever we get next will be scheduled for Q4 2009 shipping.

So... the Cobra Officer. SSC exclusive version of the Trooper, or completely separate offering? Now where's the Crimson Guardsmen?

The Cobra Officer:

cobraofficer_l.jpg

Would be an awesome SDCC exclusive because the change is subtile and only diehard would really be upset for missing it. The thing is if Cobra Trooper is really scheduled to ship in Q3 like expected that means anytime between July through September. We haven't seen an SDCC Exclusive of something that wasn't already in full release so it might be premature for this one.

On the other hand I want full release for the Crimson Guard!:

CrimsonGuardMOSC1a.jpg

thats not the original Cobra Officer... they pretty much were the same (minus the insignia, gun, and belts)... but I see the EX being the red mask.

So... the Cobra Officer. SSC exclusive version of the Trooper, or completely separate offering?

Now where's the Crimson Guardsmen? :D

It would be seperate. It would make people buy another figure instead of just switching some of the parts when you feel like it.

Exclusive will probably be an extra weapon or alternated colored mask.

It would be seperate. It would make people buy another figure instead of just switching some of the parts when you feel like it.

Exclusive will probably be an extra weapon or alternated colored mask.

That's what I was thinking.... red mask for the Ex.

I'm just glad that it is fabric, and not sculpted on.

I figured in my earlier post that the Exclusive could be the first released Officer, which could be done by only switching out the helmet and shirt:

Cobra Trooper

Cobra Officer

There are a few other, minor differences, but that would make him distinctive enough. However, Sideshow did release some wacky Storm Trooper repaint as a completely separate release, so it could be done here, too. In any case, it seems fairly reasonable to do a shorter-run of Officers, since most of the outfit, headsculpt, etc. could be re-used, saving on production costs.

The red mask comes from the comic book version. So, it might also make some sense to give the exclusive an extra red mask, and then to later release an Officer by himself, with his exclusive also getting the "comic" mask.

That helmet might also work on a "Battle Helmet" Cobra Commander. . .

I am happy that this was long-guessed. I am stoked for this figure! And it looks freakin' SWEET!

Judging by what little we can see, that is.

Yea, and the shape of the helmet brim and how the sides flare a bit was the main thing I was wanting to see right.

Thankfully SSC seems to do a much better job with helmets for GI Joe than with Star Wars. :D

I'm guessing the Trooper will come with black mask only and the exclusive will be the Dragunov sniper rifle packaged with the vintage figure.

Back